Ulster Minor Football Championship 2011

Started by drici, May 10, 2011, 08:20:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pointlad

Cavan and Tyrone match apparently had 10 yellow cards and one red? was it a dirty match?

donegal lad

Will many cavan people be going to clones for the ulster final

Radda bout yeee

Quote from: Radda bout yeee on July 04, 2011, 01:59:56 PM
Do you think losing centre half back Conor McAleer so early in the game to injury had any bearing on the outcome?

I'll take that as a NO then!  ;D

boojangles

Quote from: donegal lad on July 06, 2011, 12:39:30 PM
Will many cavan people be going to clones for the ulster final

You can be sure of it. We will sell all our allocation and anything else we can get our hands on. As proven by our U-21s run, it doesn't take much to get the Cavan support out. We crave success especially with our Seniors doing so poorly.
What about Donegal? will many travel?

donegal lad

Donegal have the hardcore support that will go everywhere to support the team them they have the ones that only come out for championship but we have one of the biggest number of bandwagon supporters about so i would guess we will have a large support at the final

mylestheslasher

Time resurrect this thread. Ill be there in Sunday but I have a feeling armagh will be strong. But then the boost of beating tyrone should give our lads some confidence. Hopefully we can do it. Anyone got the odds on the game

ross4life

PP odds Armagh 1/2 draw 7/1 Cavan 2/1 i have a lot of interest in this game as the winner/loser takes on the Connacht teams in the Quarter finals.
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

Westside

This is a big ask for Cavan against a very strong Armagh team that made an amazing comeback against Down and hammered Fermanagh (who had just beaten a fancied Derry side) Cavan have no experience in big finals and this is more or less unchartered territory, the Armagh lads will have seen their predecessors win titles which I think will help them mentally..

I'd be worried about our defence, if it wasn't for some brilliant saves by Billy O'Mara in goals Cavan could have been out of the game before halftime against Tyrone, the introduction of Conor Moynagh at halftime into centre back steadied the ship, hopefully he'll be fit for Sunday and they don't leak goals.
Bouchier may take up the same roving role that he did so well against Tyrone and Armagh will surely look to do a job on Conor Finnegan who has been Cavan's big threat up front. Cavan have Nevin O'Donnel on the bench and if the game is in the melting pot in the final quarter he could potentially give us a boost to get us over the line. Big lad who can win his own ball and kick long range scores off either foot. Not fit enough yet for the full 60 but he's one to watch if he is introduced.

It's hard to predict but the odds are probably fair; We're underdogs but with a sporting chance. H'on Cavan!!

mylestheslasher

Westie - I'd be much happier if you just came out and said we have no chance. :)

Westside

Lets just hope we can keep the score respectable.... ;)

drici

ARMAGH Minors have enjoyed a great degree of success in recent years and this Sunday they will be appearing in their third successive Ulster final.
Paul McShane's side suffered defeat last year in the decider against Tyrone, who eventually went on to win the All-Ireland title, but in their way this time is a very capable Cavan side.

Armagh will start as favourites after winning the Ulster League encounter between the two sides earlier in the season - a league the Orchardmenwent on to win but they will have to be very wary of becoming complacent.

McShane will have to prepare once again without full-back and captain Conor white and corner-forward Jemar Hall.
However, Armagh are lucky enough to have players to replace these lads and no more so in the forward line.

Conor McNally and Paul McGeown are the sides marquee forwards but in Micheal McKenna they have an attacker who can change the game in an instant as he has proven to do so on occasions.

On the other hand, Cavan's Conor Finnegan will be a massive threat to the Armagh defence and ultimately their chances of winning a second Ulster title in three years. He is a prolific forward with a serious keen eye for goal.

Armagh will be in buoyant mood heading into this game after disposing of Down in the Quarter Finals in a match that spectators will struggle to encounter for many seasons to come and of course the comprehensive victory over Fermanagh in the semi-finals - a result many expected but in a manner very few anticipated.

No doubt Cavan will prove tough opposition after they themselves disposed of All Ireland champions Tyrone in their semi-final but Armagh have a decent chance to triumph this Sunday.

And should they do so, McShane and his management team will have won two Ulster titles, one All Ireland (with the possibility of a second) and two Ulster Leagues in four years.

The Ulster Minor final throws in at 2-00pm and precedes the Senior decider between Derry and Donegal at Clones this Sunday.

yellowcard

This should be a close affair as Tyrone and Down were the 2 sides fancied to contest the Ulster Final at the start of the year. However Armagh disposed of Down whilst Cavan disposed of Tyrone so its hard to predict the winner of Sundays game. As an Armagh man I'd just favour ourselves but with no great confidence.

CC1

Best of luck to Cavan, and our two club men Clarksie and Sanko. Hopefully we can come home with the cup!
"Hey, don't worry; don't be afraid, ever, because this is just a ride."

anglocelt39

Cavan name a side minus a Reilly is this a record, gowan the blues. Moynagh fit to start which seems to be the main thing.

Cavan joint-managers Gary Donohoe and Dermot McCabe have name their side for tomorrow's Ulster Minor Football Championship final against Armagh in Clones.

Goal-hero Conor Finnegan starts at centre-forward for the Breffni men, while Cavan Gaels' duo Paul and Andrew Graham are named at centre-field and right corner-forward, respectively. Drumgoon's Conor Moynagh will again look to marshal the Blues' defence at centre-back and Billy O'Mara, brother of Under 21 goalkeeper Alan, starts between the posts.

Throw-in at St Tiernach's Park is at 2.00pm.

Cavan (Ulster MFC final v Armagh): B O'Mara; K Clarke, F Moore, B Sankey; C Brady, C Moynagh, G Smith; P Graham, L Buchanan; A Dewart, C Finnegan, M Argue; A Graham, J Dillon, K Bouchier
Undefeated at the Polo Grounds

Denn Forever

QuoteCavan name a side minus a Reilly is this a record, gowan the blues. Moynagh fit to start which seems to be the main thing.

But we have a Brady so we'll be alright.  Good luck.
I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...