Tyrone v Monaghan - Sun 5 June - UCQF

Started by tyroneman, April 16, 2011, 09:58:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Armaghgeddon

Quote from: ONeill on June 08, 2011, 11:24:00 PM
I didn't see much dirt from Monaghan at all. Witness far worse from Cavan, Armagh and Johnny McBride.

Mark Donnelly - I thought he had a very average game going by his NFL performances. However, having watched it again, I was perhaps harsh. He showed well in possession and, albeit hasty in releasing the ball, did a lot of things right.

Dont forget Tyrone.

nrico2006

Quote from: Maguire01 on June 08, 2011, 06:13:16 PM
Quote from: nrico2006 on June 08, 2011, 08:38:31 AM
Quote from: Maguire01 on June 07, 2011, 06:44:52 PM
Quote from: tyronebhoy on June 07, 2011, 03:27:47 PM
Quote from: Maguire01 on June 06, 2011, 06:51:34 PM
Also, from yesterday's match - Frees: Tyrone 23 Monaghan 37. Yellow cards: Tyrone 8 Monaghan 6. Red Cards: Tyrone 0 Monaghan 2.
And whilst most Tyrone people will argue that Monaghan's red cards were deserved, Kevin Hughes got a yellow card for a tackle very similar to Mone's. And Owen Mulligan could well have landed himself a red card for his swing at Walshe.

Now i'm not claiming Monaghan are whiter than white by any means, but some people need to take the blinkers off.

When you consider that Martin Penrose received a yellow card after being slapped when it should have went the other way and the monaghan player who escaped a card due to being subbed, the card tally should have been reversed.

Not sure why there were so many more fouls given against Tyrone.

For Owen Mulligan, see Darren Hughes who also had a swing at a Tyrone player that went un-punished.
We can argue all day over individual red and yellow cards - my point was just to dispell the myth that Monaghan were shockingly dirty whilst Tyrone were whiter than white.

Also, the idea that Monaghan dodged a card by making a substitution is utter crap - that was just Sidebottom going off on a tangent. If a ref wants to give a card, you can't escape it like that.

The substitution saved the player from receiving a card.  He was the agressor and if the victim (in this case Jordan) got a yellow then Gollogy would have got at least a yellow.
And the ref could still have given one - that's my point. You can't dodge a card by being substituted, otherwise Monaghan would have subbed Clerkin as soon as the ref came near him for the second yellow. It doesn't work like that.

In hindsight it is clear that the referee could have still given him one, but at that instant in the middle of the game that substitution basically threw the referee.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

Radda bout yeee

Quote from: ONeill on June 08, 2011, 11:24:00 PM
I didn't see much dirt from Monaghan at all. Witness far worse from Cavan, Armagh and Johnny McBride.

Mark Donnelly - I thought he had a very average game going by his NFL performances. However, having watched it again, I was perhaps harsh. He showed well in possession and, albeit hasty in releasing the ball, did a lot of things right.

Think his performance was well above average and that the only criticism would be that he wasn't selfish enough. Then again I have always counted that a good trait in a footballer whilst alot of the time this type of thing goes unnoticed by people who go straight to the scorers in a match report.

Do you think he'll retain his jersey for the semi?

omagh_gael

Theres not a chance that Donnelly will lose his starting place. He was excellent throughout, encouraging to have another ball winner in the FF line.

I'd imagine that there won't be any changes to first XV as Harte is usually reluctant to change a winning line up unless injuries come into play. Although Hughes, Mulligan and the McMahons (if fit) are bound to be pushing hard for a starting place. With P Harte's jersey the most vulnerable.

Bingo

The ref not giving the card to Gollogy is one of the flaws of the GAA card system, ref may well have been going to card him but seen he want off in the big delay, thought "sod that its a wet day and I'm not running away over there to give him a yellow it matters none". Of course if this was his attitude he may have paid if Gollogy came back on as sub later in game.

A player can get booked in every game he plays and doesn't have to worry about it.

I hear Tommy Freemans much publicised move to New York blew up in his face as he was stopped at emigration and turned back!

ONeill

Quote from: omagh_gael on June 09, 2011, 10:37:44 AM
Theres not a chance that Donnelly will lose his starting place. He was excellent throughout, encouraging to have another ball winner in the FF line.

I'd imagine that there won't be any changes to first XV as Harte is usually reluctant to change a winning line up unless injuries come into play. Although Hughes, Mulligan and the McMahons (if fit) are bound to be pushing hard for a starting place. With P Harte's jersey the most vulnerable.

There's no way Mickey won't start a fit Joe McMahon.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Radda bout yeee

Reckon he should make a few changes:
Justy for McCarron
Joey for Davy
Mulligan for Dooher

omagh_gael

Quote from: ONeill on June 09, 2011, 11:34:51 AM

There's no way Mickey won't start a fit Joe McMahon.

That's probably correct but Harte rarely deviates from a winning formula. However, based on the minor surprises in the first 15 from the Monaghan game, perhaps Mickey is starting to move towards choosing the team based on form in training. Maybe this is where Joe would get his starting spot back.

If I had to bet now i'd still wager that the same team will be named for the Cavan/Donegal game.

bustsummoves

Quote from: Radda bout yeee on June 09, 2011, 11:37:27 AM

Reckon he should make a few changes:
Justy for McCarron
Joey for Davy
Mulligan for Dooher

I agree with davy being dropped, and maybe Dooher cant play a full game anymore. Don't think McCarron will lose his place, according to reports justy is far off the pace and I thought McCarron was very unlucky and harsh getting booked sunday ie led to him being subbed.. Would of being interesting battle v mcmanus if he would of stayed on.

Big Joe will be in the running for a start the next day you would think

Any craic

Here's a few clips from Sunday's game, a few angles you might not have seen and you might even spot yourself in the crowd shots.. http://bit.ly/kiRbga

Maguire01

Academic now, but I see that Clerkin's second yellow card was overturned on appeal.

tyroneman

Shame the people hearing the appeal can't review Clerkin pulliing, pushing and draggin Cavanagh all over the pitch behind the referee's back............................

Maguire01

Quote from: tyroneman on June 17, 2011, 07:10:10 PM
Shame the people hearing the appeal can't review Clerkin pulliing, pushing and draggin Cavanagh all over the pitch behind the referee's back............................
Nor did they review Owen Mulligan's 'incident'. We could pick examples all day long.

LeoMc