Philip Jordan

Started by up tyrone, April 04, 2011, 06:52:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bigfrank

http://www.teamtalkmag.com/?p=3973

Jordan Contemplating Retirement?

One of the most pleasing things about Sunday's win over Kildare was the sight of 2010 All Star Philip Jordan returning to action. The Moy defender deservedly picked up an All Star award last year with a string of fine performances for the county team but after picking up a niggly injury he had been rehabilitating with a view to making his return to the panel as soon as he was fully fit.

Sunday was to be the day as the dynamic wing back entered the game with fifteen minutes to go and looked as if he had lost none of his energy and class. Jordan was joined on the pitch shortly after by Brian Dooher who was also returning from a long injury lay off. Both players received fantastic receptions from the large crowd and all Tyrone supporters were delighted to see two such talented and hugely experienced stalwarts back in the fold.

However if the latest rumours are to be believed it seems a distinct possibility that Sunday's substitute appearance against Kildare may well have been Philip Jordan's last game for Tyrone. We sincerely hope that is not the case as Jordan was by far Tyrone's outstanding defender in 2011 and still has lots to offer at county level. Perhaps it is time for Brian Dooher to have a chat with Philip and convince him of his importance to this panel and to put all thoughts of retirement to the back of his mind until next year at least.

Final Whistle

Jordan has been IMO the reason for the success. A go to player if ever there was one. Cool on the ball, great vision, an engine to die for and to top it of he is as level headed with no airs nor graces.

He was meant to retire in 08 and stayed on to attempt the two in a row. Again in 09 he was meant to pull the plug but was persuaded top stay on. 2010 was gutting for all but I think it hit Jordan more than anyone can imagine. Im looking forward to seeing him with the club in every game although the posts mentioning a possible medical decision for his withdrawal is very worrying.

The Worker

Great player, always admired his dedication to the cause.

BarryBreensBandage

Would agree with all posts on his greatness, as important to Tyrone as T. O'Se is to Kerry
"Some people say I am indecisive..... maybe I am, maybe I'm not".

ONeill

This interview last year shows it's a decision he has toyed with in the past.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

orangeman

Hopefully when I wake up in the morning that this is a wind up and not true.

ONeill

We may get used to the drip drip of retirements from that team over the next two years.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

tyrone86

Considering that he's tied with his clubmate Sean as second only to Canavan in terms of All Stars won in Tyrone with 4, it is fair to say that Jordan is among the greats of Tyrone football.

ziggysego

Outstanding player and one of the best to ever wear a Tyrone jersey. Hopefully it's only a rumour and he'll be back in the summer months. If not, he can be asked for no more, he gave his all to Tyrone for many a year.

As to why I didn't scoop this news, well I was in the inbred county today on business, so missed it.
Testing Accessibility

BennyHarp

This would be a fair blow for the coming year - Jordan in my opinion is one of the greatest players ever to pull on aTyrone jersey. With Tomas o Se probably the best wing back to grace the game - i hope this isnt true and we get one more season out of him.
That was never a square ball!!

Kerry Mike

He will be a loss if true, great player in his day, but you cant blame players getting out after 10 years or more , its a huge commitment to play for any county and espeically at a level like Tyrone have been at.
2011: McGrath Cup
AI Junior Club
Hurling Christy Ring Cup
Munster Senior Football

Declan

Smashing player and will be missed. Best of luck to him

Fuzzman

Quote from: up tyrone on April 04, 2011, 07:03:54 PM
Definitely true,will be headlines in the papers 2moro i can assure you.

Can anyone confirm this news is official or still a rumour?
Is it any newspaper or news bulletin?

Olly

I fear for these boys being let into society now without any proper experience of living normally.
Access to this webpage has been denied . This website has been categorised as "Sexual Material".

ziggysego

Quote from: Fuzzman on April 05, 2011, 10:17:30 AM
Quote from: up tyrone on April 04, 2011, 07:03:54 PM
Definitely true,will be headlines in the papers 2moro i can assure you.

Can anyone confirm this news is official or still a rumour?
Is it any newspaper or news bulletin?

I saw on Twitter last night, a local journalist asked Cathal McCarron and he knew nothing about it.
Testing Accessibility