Kerry vs Down

Started by PAULD123, April 04, 2011, 11:49:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

redandblackareback

Sunday also proved gerard mc carten is a much better option than Dan mc carten but unfortunately I feel family loyalities will dictate this selection come championship.

Whereabouts does it say he s only on the county team because of who he is?? He had a great year LAST YEAR... Thats in the past, this year the form player is another Mc Carten, Gerard!! Unfortunately blood is thicker than water and when it comes to selection for the championship its only natural james will sway in favour of his brother who incidentally is well worth a place on the PANEL, not necessarily the team. Hope that clears it up for you whitegoodman  ;)

Brick Tamlin

Blow it out yer arse, its plain to see what yer saying there, quit stirring.

NP 76

Whitegoodman my opinion of Mc Ardle at chb was as to have a strong tough tackling defender in the centre of our defence . This would leave a corner slot which would be between Rafferty or Daniel mc Cartan with Rooney and Mc Kernan on one wing and Garvey on the other . Chb needs to be a man whos first option is to defend Mc Kernan gives great value going forward and could also be used as a half forward dropping back and breaking quick from defence

PAULD123

Quote from: NP 76 on April 12, 2011, 04:34:05 PM
Whitegoodman my opinion of Mc Ardle at chb was as to have a strong tough tackling defender in the centre of our defence . This would leave a corner slot which would be between Rafferty or Daniel mc Cartan with Rooney and Mc Kernan on one wing and Garvey on the other . Chb needs to be a man whos first option is to defend Mc Kernan gives great value going forward and could also be used as a half forward dropping back and breaking quick from defence

What about Rooney at FB, McCardle in CHB, McKernan at RHB and Dan Gordon in Midfield? Not saying that I actually think its the best formation because personally I think against most teams the athleticism of McKernan forces the CHF to retreat and have to defend more than attack.

But that would fit all your players in wouldn't it?

whitegoodman

NP when i mentioned dropping someone i was getting at the fact that one of mckernan, rooney or garvey would have to be dropped.  In a strange way i think mckernan could be even more exposed on the wing so if it came to it i think id probably drop him as the other 2 are solid defensively and can contribute going forward.  I see what ur saying there also Paul but id be very reluctant to move dan from full back at this stage.

Dont see this happening as the current half back line has been there all year when fit and i think that will remain the same for the armagh match.  If POR could just do us a favour now and play Billy Joe at CHF as he would suit McKernan down to the ground.

On another point i think that Gerrard McCartan would be extremely unfortunate if he were to be dropped for the championship but if it does happen i would suggest it would be because the management TEAM feel that Dan McCartan has more experience going into such a big game or maybe because they think he is best suited to mark a certain player, not because he is the managers brother.  If not then I dont really no what Tally or McIvor or Johnston are doing there as surely they wouldnt allow a player to be on ahead of another on the grounds of blood.  Its not the local under 12 team ffs

PAULD123

Yeah I pretty much agree with you WhiteGM, as I said, I wasn't even a fan of my own proposal just put it out there for debate.

Personally I think the defence that started on Sunday is fine as it is. No one seems to have picked up on this but McCardle's display on sunday was really good. He played a large part in bringing us back into the game with his forward runs and our attack lost momentum when he went off.

Also as I said, although McKernan isn't a great defender his constant forward runs force the opposing CHF back down the pitch and effectively nuetralises him. The net effect is that we probably end up with that man causing not much more damage than he would against a better defender who holds position on the 45. Bryan Cullen said Down were the fittest team Dublin had played all year and that "I was knackered chasing their No.6, I had to switch with Diarmuid Connolly just to give mysef a break" - a member of his family told me that.

Mike Sheehy

Quote from: passedit on April 11, 2011, 10:59:27 AM
Anyone see the Tom O Sullivan incident? It would appear last year's fatwa has rte running scared, anyone seen Anthony tohill lately either?

oh shut up you twat. We have had enough of you Nordie scum trying to get our players suspended. Its pathetic how you never want to face our full strength team.

PAULD123

Quote from: Mike Sheehy on April 13, 2011, 07:10:56 AM
Anyone see the Tom O Sullivan incident? It would appear last year's fatwa has rte running scared, anyone seen Anthony tohill lately either?

oh shut up you t**t. We have had enough of you Nordie scum trying to get our players suspended. Its pathetic how you never want to face our full strength team.

There is no need for that at all. Firstly "Nordie scum" - that is a disgraceful comment and an embarresment to you. Secondly exactly how did Down try to get any Kerry player suspended? Thirdly if your players learned to act in a correct manner they would not be suspended. Are Down players responsible for the driving of O'Sullivan's fist into McCartan's face, that was his own choice. If O'Sullivan chooses to punch someone as the referee is running towards him and looking directly at him then that is his choice. Don't be blaming your player's violent conduct on anyone else.

If you have something intelligent to say then by all means do so but if you have nothing but malicious and offensively  politically laced abuse to offer then perhaps it would be better if you just kept your nasty coments to yourself.

Don Johnson

This your first encounter with Mike then Paul? If so, have a look through his posts. You will learn to ignore him.

passedit

oh shut up you t**t. We have had enough of you Nordie scum trying to get our players suspended. Its pathetic how you never want to face our full strength team.

Now now Mikey, ye'd need to up the dosage a bit there boy or yer head 'll blow off. The hissy fits appear to work with rte though, now if ye scweam and scweam and scweam till ye make yerselves sick maybe the refs will ignore the skullduggery as well.  ;)
Don't Panic

PAULD123

Quote from: Don Johnson on April 13, 2011, 08:49:12 AM
This your first encounter with Mike then Paul? If so, have a look through his posts. You will learn to ignore him.

Yep first time I came across this contemptuous drivel. I took your advice and looked through his posts and it all makes sense. Just a nefarious toad that likes to upset people. I shall never respond to him again, that's the only way to deal with such wasters. Thanks

Mike Sheehy

Quote from: PAULD123 on April 13, 2011, 10:08:53 AM
Quote from: Don Johnson on April 13, 2011, 08:49:12 AM

Yep first time I came across this contemptuous drivel. I took your advice and looked through his posts and it all makes sense. Just a nefarious toad that likes to upset people. I shall never respond to him again, that's the only way to deal with such wasters. Thanks

Nothing worse than gobshites like yourself coming down to Kerry and boring us to tears with your drivel and trying to talk to us as equals. Face it, Down are the Kerry "wannabes" of Ulster. You look down your noses at the other Ulster teams as if you are some sort of "aristocrats" or something.

Mike Sheehy

Quote from: passedit on April 13, 2011, 09:02:51 AM

Now now Mikey, ye'd need to up the dosage a bit there boy or yer head 'll blow off. The hissy fits appear to work with rte though, now if ye scweam and scweam and scweam till ye make yerselves sick maybe the refs will ignore the skullduggery as well.  ;)

Every year the Nordie media start their anti-Kerry campaign and lads like you just feed into that with these outrageous claims about "fatwas".
Quit your whining.

Sheedy

Quote from: Mike Sheehy on April 13, 2011, 07:48:36 PM

Every year the Nordie media start their anti-Kerry campaign and lads like you just feed into that with these outrageous claims about "fatwas".
Quit your whining.
your the only one whining, you twat!!
nil satis nisi optimum

Mike Sheehy

Quote from: SHEEDY on April 13, 2011, 09:23:07 PM
Quote from: Mike Sheehy on April 13, 2011, 07:48:36 PM

Quit your whining.
your the only one whining, you t**t!!

Bullshit. I'm not the one agitating for Tom O'Sullivan to get done by the CCCC (aka the "lets stop Kerry winning the AI again" organization)
Ye're pathetic. Toughen up , it was only handbags. I can see now why the Armagh lads are sick of ye whining about bellew's accidental collision with Linden.