RTE Sport looking for GAA program suggestions

Started by Eamonnca1, March 30, 2011, 12:24:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hardy

Quote from: Celt_Man on March 30, 2011, 12:49:16 PM
Quote from: Hardy on March 30, 2011, 12:47:38 PM
And no Brush Shiels or Saw Doctors. No yokel-baiting. No formulaic interviews with players on the Friday before the match, sitting on the bridge below the town and "I suppose"-ing at everything. No Babs. No think-ankled, double-chinned girls  - sorry, "ladies". No Paul Galvin as a token "cool" GAA person. No moronic banners - "Ballymuck Inn Boys On Tour". No tweeness. No painted cars, sheep or donkeys. No green hats with red beards attached or jester's bells. No Marty. Please, please, please no Marty.

+ 1 and I would add no Kevin McStay, Tommy Lyons and to a lesser extend Martin Carney and Brian Carthy too

Goes without saying. (Except for the "lesser extent" bit.)

Celt_Man

Quote from: Hardy on March 30, 2011, 12:50:57 PM
And no Brush Shiels or Saw Doctors. No yokel-baiting. No formulaic interviews with players on the Friday before the match, sitting on the bridge below the town and "I suppose"-ing at everything. No Babs. No think-ankled, double-chinned girls  - sorry, "ladies". No Paul Galvin as a token "cool" GAA person. No moronic banners - "Ballymuck Inn Boys On Tour". No tweeness. No painted cars, sheep or donkeys. No green hats with red beards attached or jester's bells. No Marty. Please, please, please no Marty.

+ 1 and I would add no Kevin McStay, Tommy Lyons and to a lesser extend Martin Carney and Brian Carthy too

Yea perhaps I should have qualified the "lesser extend" part by saying I absolutely can't stand McStay and Lyons while Carney and Carthy only get on my fecking nerves...
GAA Board Six Nations Fantasy Champion 2010

Denn Forever

They don't have to look far.

Seo Spoirt on TG4 is a great format and makes you wish you could understand Irish better.

There is a wheel.
I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

Jinxy

Steady on.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

Celt_Man

Quote from: Denn Forever on March 30, 2011, 01:28:41 PM
They don't have to look far.

Seo Spoirt on TG4 is a great format and makes you wish you could understand Irish better.

There is a wheel.

Aye it's a great one.  Dara O'C is a great anchor and should be used more often on the Sunday Game.

Would I be right in saying that Seo Spoirt has a repeat with subtitles on later in the weekend?

GalwayBayBoy

Seo Spoirt is good alright but maybe a bit too Galway/Kerry dominated for most tastes. Although in fairness they cover everything but the panel is always full of Kerry and Galway men whenever I tune in. With the odd interloper thrown in.

Celt_Man

Quote from: GalwayBayBoy on March 30, 2011, 02:23:44 PM

Seo Spoirt is good alright but maybe a bit too Galway/Kerry dominated for most tastes. Although in fairness they cover everything but the panel is always full of Kerry and Galway men whenever I tune in. With the odd interloper thrown in.

Tis the nature of it with Gaelteacht areas where they are...

Just a question is Sean Ban Breathnacha bit of a dose - my understanding of the Irish language restricts me from making a call on this on

Also on a side note, the reporter Gemma Ní something-or-other is quite hot

Denn Forever

Isn't Hector from the Gaeltacht in Meath?  Can't think of anyone from Dún na Gall.

It is repeated on Saturday mornings.  Don't remember if has subtitles though.
I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

muppet

Quote from: Jinxy on March 30, 2011, 09:48:14 AM
Just bring back Breaking Ball.
No new crap.
No 'appealing to the ABC1 demographic.'
No focus groups.
Just bring it back.
I dunno why ye ever got rid of it to begin with!  >:(

They have all been downgraded.
MWWSI 2017

rrhf

What about having a competition that would suit individual counties like say Derry or Armagh.  The prize for the winner could be to meet Canavan or the like. 

ardal

stick two opposing supporters in a room, get their predictions and why, get them to give the commentaries for the game, get M O'H to give his appraisal.

It'd be  a cross between "winning streak", to choose the 2 fans
Stars in their eyes; best commentary
and then Dragons den, M O´H only allows one to continue each week.

I've patented this. 8)

AZOffaly

Who is M'O H? I hope it's not Micheal O'Hehir, because his verdict would be hard to hear.

Orangemac

Quote from: Dinny Breen on March 30, 2011, 10:52:25 AM
I think any show should be hosted by the Newstalk 'Off the ball' crew, knowledgeable but don't take themselves seriously.
+1. Good bit of craic and know their stuff too. Could even introduce Murph's country pages to a national audience.Magazine show with these boys and access to footage and you couldn't go far wrong.

Breaking Ball was a good show the way it put music to footage etc but as far as I can remeber there was no presenter.Plus they showed it at around 7pm on a Frioday which is crap time. I think Sunday morning would be a good time as part of the build up to games

oakleafgael

Quote from: Hardy on March 30, 2011, 12:50:57 PM

"Very much so"

stephenite

I seem to recall Breaking Ball being repeated on Sunday mornings?