Áth Cliath V An Dún. 7 30pm 02 Aibreain 2011

Started by 5 Sams, March 22, 2011, 02:34:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

heffo

Quote from: passedit on March 30, 2011, 10:07:16 AM
Quote from: Declan on March 30, 2011, 08:26:03 AM
QuoteThe Dublin marketing ploy of putting these eejits on to attract a new audience to HQ seems to be working...I have had several requests for tickets from people who wouldn't even know what colours Down play in

Indeed  - The biggest crowd so far was at the first game where they "performed" but as Croi said you can't hear them if you go back and have a jar!

Any ideas on the cost of attendance for under sixteens for this game?

€5

Banana Man

Quote from: Declan on March 30, 2011, 09:38:45 AM
Quoteanyway what do you dub lads think for saturday night? do you think down will be up to much or would you be quite ocnfident of the win?

Well now that Down are safe in Div 1 they can play a bit more freely and as I said earlier with Clarke and Coulter up against our weakest line I can only see one winner on Sat night ;) ;) Dublin by 2

ha ha good man declan! should be a good spectacle, really looking forward to seeing them live, how many songs are they playing?  ;)

Canalman

In all fairness the 2 lads (much to my surprise) were quiet enjoyable. Gallivanting all over the pitch and sang around 5 songs. Worth watching imo as I personally don't like drinking behind the stands in CP.

As for the game, it will be tight as despite our 5 out of 5 wins, at least 3 of them imo could have easilly been lost.................... which would have the papers salivating about "Dublin in crisis". Good to see all of panel playing club league games last week.

Fencesitting I know, but a draw might be worth a punt.

More interested in the hurling beforehand.

Declan

GrandMasterFlash

Quote from: NP 76 on March 28, 2011, 11:23:10 PM
Jedward could be no worse than the rubbish we had to endure in Newry against Monaghan

Being a Monaghan man living in Down this is the side of Down football that confuses me! You win a few games and you think you're world beaters. Where were you in the last number of years when your team were slugging it out in Division 3? Nowhere near it I'd imagine.  ::)

Brick Tamlin

I could be mistaken but i think he was specifically referring to the entertainment in Newry that night before the match and at half-time, the music, PA system etc, and not the match or quality of opposition to be fair.

GrandMasterFlash

Fair enough Brick. Having been at the game I don't remember it being *particularly* bad but I'll reserve judgement until I hear more!

PAULD123

Have to defend NP76 on this one. I'm sure he was talking about the music. It was a couple of dance numbers mumbelling over the PA, like someone had put the mike beside his iphone and headed off for a cup of tea. Absolutely no effort at all.

The match was not a great one but not a bad one either. I wouldn't be slagging off the on-field entertainment that night and I don't think NP76 would either

NP 76

Grand Master Number 1 when i was talking about JEDWARD would you not think to yourself that i was talking about the half time entertainment . You could hardly call a hammering of one of your Ulster rivals poor entertainment . Number 2 i was there when we were getting beat by the likes of Limerick Sligo  Leitrim  and Wexford im not one of the ones that come out when the sun shines . Number 3 I never said we were world beaters but at least we are moving in the right direction away from div 2 and 3 which can only be seen as positive .Thanks Paul and Brick at least you got the jest of what i was talking about

bennydorano

Fancy Down quite strongly, Dubs have had the luck of the divil so far, cant continue forever.

Hound

Hard to do any sort of pre-game analysis with no line-up. Gilroy has done very little experimentation this year (although he has been forced into a lot of changes with injuries and Kilmacud's run). But at this stage if guys who havent been starting dont get a chance, then they'll not be starting in the championship. Maybe if the Dubs do get a result v Down, then I could see line-up v Galway being made up of 5 or 6 Crokes lads and a number players who've only seen bits and pieces of action to date.

Will be interesting to see who loses out to accommodate Bernard Brogan. Has to be his brother, or Quinn or McManamon. Tough call.

I think Barry Cahill will continue at wing forward, leaving the other spot between Flynn, Cullen and Andrews. The latter two certainly deserve a chance to stake their claim, but they may have to wait and hope they get it v Galway.

I'm expecting it to be a cracking game.

passedit

Looking forward to this. Would expect a fairly decent crowd too. 90 yoyos into the Aviva two weeks ago, nine of us going saturday night for 55. Hard to beat that. Anybody know where i'd get a hold of a few jedward numbers so I can get practising?
Don't Panic

heffo

Quote from: Hound on March 31, 2011, 01:28:16 PM
I think Barry Cahill will continue at wing forward, leaving the other spot between Flynn, Cullen and Andrews. The latter two certainly deserve a chance to stake their claim, but they may have to wait and hope they get it v Galway.

I don't think Cullen is going to start any game this year - he has serious ongoing back problems and doesn't have 70 mins in him - I would think ideally he'll be 1st or 2nd sub come championship.

Hound

Dubs team named. And some experimentation, with Nicky Devereux making his senior debut and Paul Brogan getting a go at full back.

No Bernard or McAuley though  ???

Stephen Cluxton (Parnell's)
Philip McMahon (Ballymun)  Paul Brogan (Plunkett's)  Nicky Devereux (Ballinteer)
Kevin Nolan (Kilmacud)  Ger Brennan (Vincent's)  Darragh Nelson (Ballyboden)
Denis Bastick (Templeogue)  Barry Cahill (Brigid's)
Paul Flynn (Fingallians)  Kevin McManamon (Jude's)  Bryan Cullen (Skerries)
Alan Brogan (Plunkett's)  Diarmuid Connolly (Vincent's)  Tomás Quinn (Vincent's)

Declan

Benny and Clarke must be licking their lips looking at that ;)