'Republic of Telly' and 'LOL'

Started by Banana Man, November 25, 2010, 09:30:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Banana Man

Anyone see either of these 2 shows last night?

Republic of telly on RTE and LOL is a 6 counties equivalent on BBC. On at nearly the same time so was flicking between them but very very funny.

On the BBC one this big lad was talking to Jackie Fullerton about taking the woman from behind at the sink as she peeled the spuds then banging her on the floor, it was priceless looking at Jackie's face

mountainboii

Watched LOL last night. Hit and miss. Mostly miss.

Republic of Telly has always been shite.

ziggysego

Missed LOL last night. Republic of Telly is shite, as said above me.
Testing Accessibility

Larry Duff

Quote from: ziggysego on November 25, 2010, 10:01:11 AM
Missed LOL last night. Republic of Telly is shite, as said above me.

Lucky you. As is the case with most local "comedy", it is terrible. There seems to be an opinion that even if something is not funny if it is said in a regional accent then people will laugh at it. The bit at the end with that tool walking through the water fountain being a prime example.

Banana Man

I thought they were both quite good actually, the bit at the water fountain was pish alright.

The bird on republic of telly doing the interviews was fit, always gets a show a few extra points that!

thebigfella

Mairéad Farrell?

She's a bog rat and one of the most unfunny people on TV. Not in the same league as that Katherine Lynch though; who the fcuk was she shagging to get her own show on TV  ???

Aren't these shows just the poor man's version of TV Burp?

ziggysego

Quote from: thebigfella on November 25, 2010, 10:30:47 AM

That was my opinion too.
Testing Accessibility

Banana Man

Quote from: thebigfella on November 25, 2010, 10:30:47 AM
Mairéad Farrell?

She's a bog rat and one of the most unfunny people on TV. Not in the same league as that Katherine Lynch though; who the fcuk was she shagging to get her own show on TV  ???

Nah I think it's Jennifer Maguire you call her, brunetter girl...