Christmas presents

Started by winsamsoon, November 22, 2010, 06:57:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

winsamsoon

Rights lads and lassies it's that time of year again . Any ideas out there for presents for mums, dads, Sisters, Brothers, Nieces and nephews????? The list is endlist help required.
I never forget a face but in your case I will make an exception.

Puckoon

Brother/Father - gifts of interest in their interests. In our family: golf balls, golf shoes, music CDs, BBQ brushes and marinades etc.

Sister/Mother - smelly stuffs. New range the women seem to care about over here at least is from this crowd http://www.philosophy.com/holiday-2010/  Went for a few bits from them for the mother and sister last year and they seemed happily pleased.

Thinking of buying an iPad for her indoors. Expensive though.

pintsofguinness

I've learned to delegate...

The housemate will get the mother's, and sisters 1 and 2 presents
Sister 1 will get the housemates present (we're currently in negotiations over that)
Mother will get the niece, nephews and oul boy's present...

Easy.

btw, you get presents for your brothers? mine would give me some luck if I handed them a present!
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

paco

I don't mind spending money but hate the process of buying presents. Most ones I buy for are a nightmare to pick presents for, it would be so much handier if they just took money.

BarryBreensBandage

"Some people say I am indecisive..... maybe I am, maybe I'm not".

trileacman

Don't know how closely the mother follows Gaaboard  :P but i wouldn't mind getting that book "the club" or your other one that Hayes wrote!
Fantasy Rugby World Cup Champion 2011,
Fantasy 6 Nations Champion 2014

pintsofguinness

Quote from: paco on November 22, 2010, 07:25:36 PM
I don't mind spending money but hate the process of buying presents. Most ones I buy for are a nightmare to pick presents for, it would be so much handier if they just took money.
or worked on a "dont buy me anything, I won't buy you anything basis"
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

Aoise

I wouldn't advise going for perfumes for the girls.  There's is that much of a range of tastes that unless you know what her favourite is, you'll probably get it wrong.  Get it right and it won't be that much of a surprise, anti-climax.  So screwed both ways with perfume!

Either make up or a good quality face creams or something is much better - debenhams will sort you out!

Fathers/brothers, much more complex creatures - who knows what floats their boat as far as gifts are concerned - clothes, watches, scarves/hats, cd's if you know their tastes!!!

All in all - can't be of much help:D

ziggysego

Not telling, they read the board.
Testing Accessibility

paco

Quote from: pintsofguinness on November 22, 2010, 07:40:57 PM

That would also be good. Ideally, I would only buy something for the auld pair and vice versa, I generally pick a good present for them and if I don't they're not afraid to tell me :D

BarryBreensBandage

Quote from: paco on November 22, 2010, 08:54:35 PM
Quote from: pintsofguinness on November 22, 2010, 07:40:57 PM

That would also be good. Ideally, I would only buy something for the auld pair and vice versa, I generally pick a good present for them and if I don't they're not afraid to tell me :D

On that note, what is the worst present you have bought anyone? When we were young, our Da gave us a couple of quid to buy him a Christmas present and we bought him a car sponge.

Fair play to him, he pretended it was great.
"Some people say I am indecisive..... maybe I am, maybe I'm not".

ziggysego

Quote from: BarryBreensBandage on November 22, 2010, 09:02:33 PM
On that note, what is the worst present you have bought anyone? When we were young, our Da gave us a couple of quid to buy him a Christmas present and we bought him a car sponge.

Fair play to him, he pretended it was great.

When I was at school, my friend got me a pair of his father's socks for Christmas  :-\
Testing Accessibility

Puckoon

My father was a big fan of hedging the bets that we wouldnt like the CD/tape he would buy us for christmas and then he could steal it - so in the past (as a 7-10) year old - I got such classics as the eagles greatest hits, cat stevens greatest hits, and mark knopffler and chet atkins do country.

paco

My da is very hard to buy for, on more than one occasion he's pretended his Christmas present(s) were fantastic only to find the receipt and take them back as soon as the shops opened again!

ardal

Always buy the brother something daft; he's not a spring chicken amymore, bjut generally I think we're all kids at heart, so he gets a remote contol car or dragon, or something the likes.

Buying the parents a long weekend break in a hotel in the west, it'll be feb or march so won't break the bank either.
The wifes getting a fe hours session in a spa / massage / mud bath / total pampering type thingymebobby