live fan commentary

Started by lorrainec, February 21, 2007, 06:49:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lorrainec

If there was a website with links to live commentary from a fan from your club or counties games, would you use it?? If you couldn't make it to the game, which happens to the best of us at some stage, it'd be handy wouldn't it?

would you prefer to hear it from a real fans point of view?   

tyroneboi

yeah would be pretty useful i guess of u are away at university or working or traveling. sounds like a market research question so im guessing that your tryin to set one up?

lorrainec

yeah something like that, I'd thought about it for a while, and now in college I have the chance to maybe put it into practice, but want to know if fans would actually use it.
For club games it can be harder to keep up with, especially as you move away from your local area for work, college etc. It's also hard to find a good radio station with full coverage of games.or you end up with terrible commentators. like Setanta, some of those are bad!!!

Mayo4Sam

As someone who was away travelling i would defo have used it if it was available, the only other way of getting results in any form of real time is ringing home or checking here
Excuse me for talking while you're trying to interrupt me

cavan4ever

Anything would be better than Northern sound for cavan games   :'(

lorrainec

It's good to see that there is some interest there, I travelled to Australia for two months of the summer of 2005 and I had my brother texting me live scores of Dublin games, which was at 2.00 in the morning in Sydney. It was terrible.
This website is a possibility if there is interest in it.

Would fans out there be interested in commentating on their games??

westmayo

Are you taking about a live voice commentry or a minute by minute live update like the guardian do on their web site for soccer matches

Spiritof98

Its a great idea if organised properly and I'd definately be interested in testing my live oratory skills if that facility was available.

What sort of structure are you thinking, county games, club championship etc or is it still a premature idea.
I'll go back if Marsdens back

lorrainec

It would be a live voice commentary.

Well it would certainly be club games, as there is much less coverage here. Perhaps the most favoured club commentator in each county could then commentate for their county?

It could be good for those of us who don't have the level of Irish for TG4 coverage, you could lower the volume and log in for the fan commentary instead.

Theres also the possibility of getting ex-players or injured players to guest commentate?? I think that would be an interesting angle??

realredhandfan

Excellent idea,  may I suggest redhandfan for his impartial yet exuberant appraoch. 

ONeill

Quote from: realredhandfan on February 22, 2007, 01:42:11 PM
Excellent idea,  may I suggest redhandfan for his impartial yet exuberant appraoch. 

There'd be high squeaks and a load of buckin.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

TyronePhilly

How would this be done?
Would the live commentator call into a site via telephone where it would be accessible?

Either way, I think this would be a brilliant idea.

However, would this website/service be free?
There would be costs incurred which could possibly be offset by sponsors
rather than a subscriber's fee.

Interesting idea, I'll tell ya.

TÍR EOGHAIN PHILADELPHIA ABÚ!

An Cumann Lúthchleas Gael Tír Eoghain Philadelphia

realredhandfan

a load of buckin'

Since Jordy and Rhf left the Academy early my life has been a lot greyer.

westmayo

Sounds like a great idea in theory, but there is obviously alot of planning that would have to go into it.
(1) Would it be by mobile phone or ISDN connection (If by mobile battery life would be a concern, or if its isdn, is the connection available at club grounds etc)
(2) Web sit hosting, would the server be able to take the ammount of hits with out crashing
(3) Access to the press facilites at grounds, would the commentators be allowed in to the facilites. or would they be outside in the wind and rain, with the sound be muffelled.
(4) Overall cost of the venutre
(5) Libel concerns, we all get carried away when our own club or county play and can be libel to say stuff we don't really mean in the heat of the game. Who is responsible is someone takes offence the commentator or the web site.
(6) Rights are you allowed to carry the game live or have the GAA/County boards sold the rights for broadcast to another media organisation.

I think a podcast type service could be a good runner to start with, organise reporters to ring in match reports an hour after the game and have someone edit them on their pc or mac and publish the reports that evening by say 9pm as a test run to guage the reaction.

Captain Scarlet

great idea but you wouldn't want to let jinnets commentate.

that fan zone on sky is pure crap. two eegits shouting united,etc into the mike where their teams do no wrong. meanwhile the other lad is spoutin on.

still if ya had a good lad for the job it would be great.
what about eddie maroney? ;D
them mysterons are always killing me but im grand after a few days.sickenin aul dose all the same.