Best Stand-up Comedian

Started by Orior, November 06, 2010, 12:06:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dougal Maguire

Just on last night's Kevin Bridges gig last night, was it meant to end like it did or did he get phased by the hecklers?
Careful now

Milltown Row2

Off to watch Michael McIntyre in Belfast tomorrow. Haven't seen him live so looking forward to it. Anyone been to see him lately?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

David McKeown

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on October 18, 2012, 10:30:00 PM
Off to watch Michael McIntyre in Belfast tomorrow. Haven't seen him live so looking forward to it. Anyone been to see him lately?

Saw him tonight, very funny particularly the off the cut stuff at the start.  Didnt seem to like the Hecklers much mind you with one being removed right at the start
2022 Allianz League Prediction Competition Winner

Leo

Dylan Moran is in a complete league away above the rest all on his own.
Fierce tame altogether

ziggysego

Quote from: Leo on October 18, 2012, 11:09:41 PM
Dylan Moran is in a complete league away above the rest all on his own.

Saw him three years ago in London. A master at it.

Going to see Steve Hughes in Dublin next week and Frankie Boyle in Derry the following week.  Can't wait for both.
Testing Accessibility

Don Johnson

Quote from: Dougal Maguire on October 05, 2012, 05:57:07 PM
Just on last night's Kevin Bridges gig last night, was it meant to end like it did or did he get phased by the hecklers?

I think he got pissed off with the hecklers and had enough in the end. I would have too, stupid drunk assholes shouting unfunny crap.

Was at Michael McIntyre there last night, he was alright, did his usual routine, prance about the stage and put on the same silly voice for each different person he talks about. Not in the same league as Kevin Bridges.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Don Johnson on October 19, 2012, 09:09:15 AM

I think he got pissed off with the hecklers and had enough in the end. I would have too, stupid drunk assholes shouting unfunny crap.

Was at Michael McIntyre there last night, he was alright, did his usual routine, prance about the stage and put on the same silly voice for each different person he talks about. Not in the same league as Kevin Bridges.
Thought he was great, good humour without the need to stick in crude jokes or curse all the way through the show, was a serious amount of people there no hackling as such and the off the cuff stuff was great, Bellaghy got a right going over, 'how far is Bellaghy?' 'about an hour away' came the response.

Must be a right money spinner, I was wondering the same thing last night when he said the tickets went out really early and how many people are with the same person when they bought the tickets!!
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Cold tea

Was there Saturday, he was brutal - the dentist routine was pathetic, I have been to funnier wakes.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Cold tea on October 22, 2012, 03:00:32 PM

Was there Saturday, he was brutal - the dentist routine was pathetic, I have been to funnier wakes.

If this is your attempt at humour I'll hold judgement on you assessment of Michael McIntyre :o

Cold tea

It's an honest assessment - some of the wakes I have been at were great craic, unlike that overpriced shite I saw on Saturday.  As for his crap at the start about the Northern Ireland accent and the dug up Titanic crap, it was ok when it left us - Jesus wept, plus the crap about women getting changed was used before, his tickets were on sale for over a year could he not have used fresh material.  Crap!

Milltown Row2

Granted some stuff I have heard in various forms, but for most parts I laughed out loud and enjoyed the night, that's what I expected.

Not a patch on some of the comics I've seen in the past, but that's his style, you would have known that before buying the tickets.

As for the Titanic stuff and accents, sure he'll do that in most cities I'd imagine, i.e relate to their own achievements

Cold tea

Was at John Bishop on Saturday - first half was very good, waned a bit at the start of the second half but overall much better than Michael McIntyre.

Maguire01

Can't understand the appeal of McIntyre - not remotely funny.

Went to see David O'Doherty last week at Queen's - brilliant (and a lot cheaper!).

Tony Baloney

Quote from: Maguire01 on November 05, 2012, 09:23:06 AM
Can't understand the appeal of McIntyre - not remotely funny.

Went to see David O'Doherty last week at Queen's - brilliant (and a lot cheaper!).
I have never even cracked a smile at any DO'D tv appearance. I can only assume his standup act is higher quality than his tv output.

ziggysego

Saw Steve Hughes and Reginald D. Hunter last weekend in Dublin. Brilliant night's craic, both hilarious.
Testing Accessibility