Leinster u21 Football Championship 2011

Started by Donnellys Hollow, October 29, 2010, 03:28:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rossfan

Sounding like Wexford will win this one  :-\
2026 the year of the 9 Cups

ONeill

I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

ONeill

Wexford 1-7 Longford 0-9 Seven minutes to go
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Dougal

longford making a come back and sounds like they will push on to win but it will be very close
Fcuk you I won't do what ya tell me!!!

maigheo


ONeill

I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

maigheo


maigheo

wexford 1.08  longford 0.10  one min to go

maigheo

wexford 1.09 longford 0.11  ft  wexford win their first ever u 21

Rossfan

Wexford win 1-9 to 11.
Hard luck neighbours.
Ye're in good company ... us, Kerry and ye lads.
2026 the year of the 9 Cups

ross4life

Yep hard luck Longford, i suppose we'll see what this Wexford side are made of when they play the Ulster champs.
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

Dave


Declan

Congrats Wexford but will admit I was rooting for the Larries!

Qwerty28

Obviously very disappointed with the result....never got the breaks that are need to win a final at any level....soft goal, wexford point that came from two very obvious hops, very few breaks around midfield...also poor refereeing display, can see what westmeath lads were getting at after semi finall....

Even so, think Wexford were marginally the better team....very lively half back line. Longford were overrun in midfield and there was no shape what so ever, esp around the middle. Also, some poor passing and decision making at times. All in all, missed oppertunity I think.... :(

LaurelEye

Quote from: Qwerty28 on April 06, 2011, 10:49:03 PM
Obviously very disappointed with the result....never got the breaks that are need to win a final at any level....soft goal, wexford point that came from two very obvious hops, very few breaks around midfield...also poor refereeing display, can see what westmeath lads were getting at after semi finall....

Even so, think Wexford were marginally the better team....very lively half back line. Longford were overrun in midfield and there was no shape what so ever, esp around the middle. Also, some poor passing and decision making at times. All in all, missed oppertunity I think.... :(

Congrats to Wexford on a deserved win and best of luck in the semi-final.

As qwerty says, we were out of it at midfield which was probably the biggest gap between the teams on the night, and passing and shooting (on both sides) left a lot to be desired. The goal did the damage and after that we were always playing catch-up. Up until the last ten minutes or so we didn't look like we were going to narrow the gap. Disappointing at the end but overall the better team on the night won.

The refereeing may have been poor but it didn't make any difference. I've said enough so I'll say no more...