Trapped

Started by maggie, October 12, 2010, 08:53:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Orior

Quote from: The Real Laoislad on October 13, 2010, 10:01:54 PM
Quote from: ziggysego on October 13, 2010, 09:53:11 PM
Quote from: Minder on October 13, 2010, 09:44:41 PM
I don't think anyone would begrudge them a penny, at least they have a story to tell worth hearing.

Really?

A book I would buy anyway.

Me too. It will probably be one of those crappy True Lives film channels next year. Hopefully not.

I wouldnt begrudge those boys making a bit of money out of this.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: Orior on October 13, 2010, 10:08:48 PM
I don't think anyone would begrudge them a penny, at least they have a story to tell worth hearing.

Really?

Me too. It will probably be one of those crappy True Lives film channels next year. Hopefully not.

I reckon it will get the full Hollywood treatment,only the Chilean miners will all have American accents 
You'll Never Walk Alone.

Tony Baloney

Quote from: The Real Laoislad on October 13, 2010, 10:10:53 PM
Quote from: Orior on October 13, 2010, 10:08:48 PM

Really?

I reckon it will get the full Hollywood treatment,only the Chilean miners will all have American accents
The Chilean miners will be American miners.

ross4life

would make a great 4/5 hour Martin Scorsese film with Leonardo DiCaprio the leading actor! i'm sure he'll do the Miner with all the women  :D
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

ONeill

They'll jazz up the story too. A love interest brews whilst there are drive-by shootings, all underground.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Bogball XV

Quote from: Tony Baloney on October 13, 2010, 09:37:51 PM
Quote from: Minder on October 13, 2010, 09:33:08 PM
This ones Ma hadn't slept since August, there must be a Chilean version of DLA.
:D:D

The man who speaks the best English will make a fortune as no doubt Leno, Letterman etc will want them on. Book deals, tv appearances, movie rights etc. won't be far behind.

Was there not talk at the start that they wouldn't be paid for the time down the mine as their shift was only x hours?  Honestly, think I heard that somewhere, also I believe I heard that that compensation would not be payable either?  But, I haven't been paying much attention this past while, so i'm open to correction.

Also, re their exit strategy etc, would they ever have thought whilst down there that there'd be this amount of worldwide attention?

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: Bogball XV on October 13, 2010, 10:18:16 PM
Quote from: Tony Baloney on October 13, 2010, 09:37:51 PM
Quote from: Minder on October 13, 2010, 09:33:08 PM
This ones Ma hadn't slept since August, there must be a Chilean version of DLA.
:D:D

The man who speaks the best English will make a fortune as no doubt Leno, Letterman etc will want them on. Book deals, tv appearances, movie rights etc. won't be far behind.

Was there not talk at the start that they wouldn't be paid for the time down the mine as their shift was only x hours?  Honestly, think I heard that somewhere, also I believe I heard that that compensation would not be payable either?  But, I haven't been paying much attention this past while, so i'm open to correction.

Also, re their exit strategy etc, would they ever have thought whilst down there that there'd be this amount of worldwide attention?

There has been daily contact with them for 2 months hasn't there? So i'd say they were well aware.
Not sure about their wages and stuff though.
You'll Never Walk Alone.

ziggysego

I remember hearing something about their wages alright Bogball.
Testing Accessibility

Bogball XV

Quote from: The Real Laoislad on October 13, 2010, 10:20:22 PM
Quote from: Bogball XV on October 13, 2010, 10:18:16 PMThere has been daily contact with them for 2 months hasn't there? So i'd say they were well aware.
Not sure about their wages and stuff though.
The contact was all censored and monitored though to ensure that they'd not be getting hopes up unreallistically etc.  I don't know, even if they'd had an inkling, there's no way they'd have envisaged a 6 page thread on the gaaboard about them :o

ONeill

They're fairly shooting up that yoke now. 25.

Yer rescue man has a lonely wait at the end. Imagine if the whole shebang collapsed or he was attacked by a bear who was too frightened to take on 33 miners but now seizes the chance. Then the bear goes up the capsule and someone hugs him.

Tony Baloney

Quote from: ONeill on October 13, 2010, 10:16:25 PM
They'll jazz up the story too. A love interest brews whilst there are drive-by shootings, all underground.
Jeez are you accusing them of indulging in man love?

ziggysego

Quote from: ONeill on October 13, 2010, 10:26:04 PM
Yer rescue man at the end has a lonely wait at the end. Imagine if the whole shebang collapsed or he was attacked by a bear who was too frightened to take on 33 miners but now seizes the chance. Then the bear goes up the capsule and someone hugs him.

Smarter than the average bear.
Testing Accessibility

Orior

Quote from: ONeill on October 13, 2010, 10:26:04 PM
They're fairly shooting up that yoke now. 25.

Yer rescue man has a lonely wait at the end. Imagine if the whole shebang collapsed or he was attacked by a bear who was too frightened to take on 33 miners but now seizes the chance. Then the bear goes up the capsule and someone hugs him.

Even worse, it could be Gary Glitter down there chasing minors.

(Apologies for the above)
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

King Henry

Quote from: The Real Laoislad on October 13, 2010, 09:56:48 PM
Wouldn't you hate to be the last rescue worker left in the mine.
He will be down there on his own for about 20 mins.
Brave men the rescue men too,imagine being the first one to go down.

Was thinking the same thing myself re the last rescue worker left..
He must have balls of rocks  ;)
I'll think of Molly while sun and moon shine
On the banks of the Suir that flows down by Mooncoin

ONeill

Every one of them looks foreign.