Loyalist Marchers forced to defend themselves from attack!

Started by Jim_Murphy_74, August 30, 2010, 04:49:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lilpaulie85

Quote from: Orior on September 01, 2010, 01:27:17 PM
Quote from: Myles Na G. on September 01, 2010, 06:37:33 AM
Quote from: Orior on September 01, 2010, 01:18:43 AM
Quote from: Main Street on August 31, 2010, 11:33:22 PM
I live on Main St.

Do you think this one assault calls for so much coverage, never mind the local politicians hopping on board.
To me, it's much ado about not much.

Fair enough. BTW, is there anywhere else in the world where invaders celebrate defeating the natives? Do the invaders celebrate from April to September? Do they continue to do it on the natives land? Just wondering, like.
What gets celebrated on the 4th July in America? Is it the invaders celebrating the liberation of their land from the...um...other invaders? Likewise the national day celebrations in Canada and Australia. Is that just a bunch of invaders celebrating, if not victory over the natives, at least on the natives' land? See, there comes a point in time when people have been in a place for so long that they are also natives too. Northern unionists have been in Ireland longer than the white man has been in Australia, North America, etc etc. They are natives here, every bit as much any nationalist. So if they want to parade up and down the streets of their own land, so what? Just wondering, like.

(BTW, this isn't to condone what appears to have been an episode of complete thuggery and which should not go unpunished.)

So what you are saying is that anywhere the british are involved is a complete shambles.

Seems to be the general theme of it  :)
Chase the dream not the competition.

Myles Na G.

Quote from: Banana Man on September 01, 2010, 09:50:51 AM
myles you have to be the fairest and open minded nationalist i have ever seen, your that honest you constantly beat up on your own people - take a day off ffs  ::)
I don't get many compliments round here, so I'll take that first bit in the spirit you probably didn't intend and say thanks very much.  :)
Not beating up on nationalists this time (actually, I generally don't - usually it's just republicans I take a swipe at, and only because they deserve it). Just stating that northern unionists are as 'native' as those of us with Irish passports. They're a different sort of Irish, not a lesser sort.

Myles Na G.

Quote from: Orior on September 01, 2010, 01:27:17 PM
Quote from: Myles Na G. on September 01, 2010, 06:37:33 AM
I live on Main St.

Do you think this one assault calls for so much coverage, never mind the local politicians hopping on board.

Fair enough. BTW, is there anywhere else in the world where invaders celebrate defeating the natives? Do the invaders celebrate from April to September? Do they continue to do it on the natives land? Just wondering, like.
What gets celebrated on the 4th July in America? Is it the invaders celebrating the liberation of their land from the...um...other invaders? Likewise the national day celebrations in Canada and Australia. Is that just a bunch of invaders celebrating, if not victory over the natives, at least on the natives' land? See, there comes a point in time when people have been in a place for so long that they are also natives too. Northern unionists have been in Ireland longer than the white man has been in Australia, North America, etc etc. They are natives here, every bit as much any nationalist. So if they want to parade up and down the streets of their own land, so what? Just wondering, like.

(BTW, this isn't to condone what appears to have been an episode of complete thuggery and which should not go unpunished.)

So what you are saying is that anywhere the british are involved is a complete shambles.
Americans, Canadians and the Aussies might object to your description of their respective countries.

pintsofguinness

I live on Main St.

I think a better question would be is there anywhere else in the world that a group of people decide to back some random character from a historic battle and use his victory as an excuse to show off their bigotry for their neighbours?
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

Nally Stand

Quote from: Myles Na G. on September 01, 2010, 06:14:36 PM
myles you have to be the fairest and open minded nationalist i have ever seen, your that honest you constantly beat up on your own people - take a day off ffs  ::)
I don't get many compliments round here, so I'll take that first bit in the spirit you probably didn't intend and say thanks very much.  :)
Not beating up on nationalists this time (actually, I generally don't - usually it's just republicans I take a swipe at, and only because they deserve it). Just stating that northern unionists are as 'native' as those of us with Irish passports. They're a different sort of Irish, not a lesser sort.

Republicanism is a totally legitimate political ideology Myles. So much for outreach.
"The island of saints & scholars...and gombeens & fuckin' arselickers" Christy Moore

red hander

Aye, right, you have an Irish passport  ::)

pintsofguinness

Will you get a grip, big Ian is more of a nationalist.
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

Tony Baloney

Quote from: pintsofguinness on September 01, 2010, 06:51:10 PM
I won't say it again. Please refer to him as Lord Bannside. Carry on.

Myles Na G.

Quote from: Nally Stand on September 01, 2010, 06:42:03 PM

Republicanism is a totally legitimate political ideology Myles. So much for outreach.
Belief in an independent, 32 county Irish republic is entirely legitimate. That's what I and many other people in this country believe in. Thinking that it's okay to kill people in pursuit of this ideology is not legitimate and that's what republicans who back (or who used to back) the so called armed struggle believe.

Myles Na G.

Quote from: red hander on September 01, 2010, 06:47:04 PM

Aye, right, you have an Irish passport  ::)
I do, and you know what? It's just as good as yours, so up yer hole with a big jam roll.  ;)

Myles Na G.

:D

Myles Na G.

Quote from: Tony Baloney on September 01, 2010, 06:56:47 PM
Don't get that one. Sorry.

ziggysego

Quote from: Myles Na G. on September 01, 2010, 08:06:26 PM

That's the Paisley's new title and name in the House of Lords over the water in Engerland.
Testing Accessibility

red hander

Quote from: Myles Na G. on September 01, 2010, 08:03:48 PM
Quote from: Nally Stand on September 01, 2010, 06:42:03 PM

Belief in an independent, 32 county Irish republic is entirely legitimate. That's what I and many other people in this country believe in. Thinking that it's okay to kill people in pursuit of this ideology is not legitimate and that's what republicans who back (or who used to back) the so called armed struggle believe.

Was it OK for the French resistance to kill people in pursuit of the abolition of Vichy and the reinstatement of France under French, not Nazi, control?

Myles Na G.

Quote from: ziggysego on September 01, 2010, 08:12:26 PM
Quote from: Myles Na G. on September 01, 2010, 08:06:26 PM

That's the Paisley's new title and name in the House of Lords over the water in Engerland.
Oh right. Thanks. I can see a theme developing here. Do you fellas think I've no feelings at all?  :'(