The Official Ryder Cup Thread,Celtic Manor Wales 2010

Started by The Real Laoislad, August 22, 2010, 11:12:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tony Baloney

Quote from: Evil Genius on October 04, 2010, 09:59:22 PM
Quote from: The Worker on October 04, 2010, 06:34:09 PM
Quote from: Evil Genius on October 04, 2010, 04:47:48 PM
Quote from: mayogodhelpus@gmail.com on October 04, 2010, 04:28:27 PM
Wonder will the moment with McDowell pumping the Tri-Colour into the air be the picture in the papers in the Republic and Irish News etc. but the one with him sheepishly holding the Northern Irish flag be the one in the Norn Iron and British papers.
Dunno, but I'd say it might get into the Italian papers though... :D

(Green, White and Red, in case you don't get it)

good contribution
Point of Information, really.

Personally I am one of that group of posters who find this Ryder Cup/Flag "controversy" amusing, unlike those few saddoes who seem to think it important.

I found this one amusing, too:

Worth a Caption Competition?
That is very funny actually! Harrington is like a ballerina.

omagh_gael

Quote from: The Worker on October 04, 2010, 06:34:09 PM
Quote from: Evil Genius on October 04, 2010, 04:47:48 PM
Quote from: mayogodhelpus@gmail.com on October 04, 2010, 04:28:27 PM
Wonder will the moment with McDowell pumping the Tri-Colour into the air be the picture in the papers in the Republic and Irish News etc. but the one with him sheepishly holding the Northern Irish flag be the one in the Norn Iron and British papers.
Dunno, but I'd say it might get into the Italian papers though... :D

(Green, White and Red, in case you don't get it)

good contribution
Point of Information, really.

Personally I am one of that group of posters who find this Ryder Cup/Flag "controversy" amusing, unlike those few saddoes who seem to think it important.

I found this one amusing, too:

Worth a Caption Competition?

Father Neil Horan gate-crashes Ryder cup celebrations?

screenexile

Have to feel for the guy I mean 2 duff shots at the deciding hole is a tough break. . .

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/golf/9060166.stm

rrhf

Ryder Cup Organsiers could Call for GAA crowd control measures.
Following exuberant crowd invasions in yesterdays Ryder Cup showdown, Paraic Dufy has denied rumours that they will be offering advice to Ryder Cup organisers to ensure the greens dont get trampled and children dont get stood upon during celebrations.  Dufy was heard to say, thats uncontrollable, Id put a fence around that, when European fans invaded the sacred grass area.  No one whatsoever was available for comment.     

Shrek

Quote from: Puckoon on October 04, 2010, 05:36:58 PM
So what is all this craic with the G-unit being gay? Is there any truth to it - seems the begrudgery is out in force from plenty of hallions back home according to my facebook.

i know a few stories that would completly dispell that rumour. 

Tony Baloney

Quote from: screenexile on October 05, 2010, 12:17:47 AM
Have to feel for the guy I mean 2 duff shots at the deciding hole is a tough break. . .

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/golf/9060166.stm
Plenty of points were dropped over the 4 days but focus will always be on the deciding pair. Cink had numerous makeable putts to bury McIlroy but didn't hole them. As Monty says, Europe won it at the weekend when they took 51/2 from 6 points when they were behind

isourboydownyet

Quote from: Shrek on October 05, 2010, 08:44:38 AM
So what is all this craic with the G-unit being gay? Is there any truth to it - seems the begrudgery is out in force from plenty of hallions back home according to my facebook.

heard a couple too from a man who knows him well and as you say they dispell that rumour big time,bit of ladies man by all accounts and the yankee accent came about because when he was over there on his scolarship the local gals couldnt understand him so he made adjustments to his tone :D

SambaSaffron

Quote from: isourboydownyet on October 05, 2010, 10:58:54 AM
Quote from: Shrek on October 05, 2010, 08:44:38 AM

heard a couple too from a man who knows him well and as you say they dispell that rumour big time,bit of ladies man by all accounts and the yankee accent came about because when he was over there on his scolarship the local gals couldnt understand him so he made adjustments to his tone :D
Tell him he can change it back now, and he'll stop sounding like a tosser.

stephenite

He was engaged to a Welsh chick years back, it ended after she caught him shagging one of her mates apparently

Minder

Quote from: stephenite on October 05, 2010, 12:31:10 PM
He was engaged to a Welsh chick years back, it ended after she caught him shagging one of her mates apparently

What was his name?

Only joking.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

thegael

Disgraceful scenes  with the Ulster flag , I was disgusted. Any right thinking gael would see this as it is a classic case of taking the soup. a lot like these gaels going , watching and supporting ulster rugby -  they are all trying to ingratiate themselves with the unionists , very servile people. Maybe the folks around north down do that  - the castle catholics , the people that forget their roots . must be a lot of that going on in the golf club there........ they probably send their kids to exclusively rugby playing schools but hey it is the ryder cup , bollocks get a grip ...............

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Quote from: thegael on October 05, 2010, 06:20:56 PM
Disgraceful scenes  with the Ulster flag , I was disgusted. Any right thinking gael would see this as it is a classic case of taking the soup. a lot like these gaels going , watching and supporting ulster rugby -  they are all trying to ingratiate themselves with the unionists , very servile people. Maybe the folks around north down do that  - the castle catholics , the people that forget their roots . must be a lot of that going on in the golf club there........ they probably send their kids to exclusively rugby playing schools but hey it is the ryder cup , bollocks get a grip ...............

Did they have Ulster flags as well as Northern Ireland? I didn't see any Ulster flags.
Time to take a more chill-pill approach to life.

muppet

McDowell: Rory is that your hand or are you just pleased to see me?

Harry: Stand up for the Ulsterman!

MWWSI 2017