All Ireland S.H.C. Final

Started by lilpaulie85, August 19, 2010, 12:14:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

2010 All Ireland Champions?

Kilkenny
Tipp

lilpaulie85

Quote from: orangeman on September 07, 2010, 09:52:47 AM
On the subject of Cody, did you ever hear a manager who was as gracious in defeat ?

He was unreal and offered not a single excuse.

Will he pack it in now ? I don't think it's in his nature to walk away. He'll rebuild in my opinion.

Himself and declan kidney are the most gracious managers ive ever seen in any sport, win or lose they conduct themselves in the best manner possible.
Chase the dream not the competition.

johnneycool

Quote from: orangeman on September 07, 2010, 09:52:47 AM
On the subject of Cody, did you ever hear a manager who was as gracious in defeat ?

And considering he doesn't get much practise at it!!  ;)

fearglasmor

Numerous times now I have heard Tipp players and others claim that the rest of the country were behind them and wanted to see Kilkenny beaten.

Jayz I wasn't.  I'd have loved to see Kilkenny achive the 5 in a row and I'm sure most neutral hurling people would have too.

highorlow

QuoteNumerous times now I have heard Tipp players and others claim that the rest of the country were behind them and wanted to see Kilkenny beaten.

Jayz I wasn't.  I'd have loved to see Kilkenny achive the 5 in a row and I'm sure most neutral hurling people would have too.

Yes I kinda felt sorry for the Cats after the game. The way Tipp played on Sunday means they will be around for a few years. Hopefully this will be enough time for them to get over thier fist clenching / gesturing / roaring to the crowd every time they win a free; a new rule should be brought in reversing a free if a player does that; its not the WWF.
They get momentum, they go mad, here they go

funtime frankie

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9BQlrrIr8uA

Fill yer boots boys. Not All Ireland talent show material but Pat Kerwick lacks nothing in passion. Still makes the hairs stand on the back of the neck.

Hardy

Quote from: fearglasmor on September 07, 2010, 11:00:44 AM
Numerous times now I have heard Tipp players and others claim that the rest of the country were behind them and wanted to see Kilkenny beaten.

I couldn't agree more.

Quote from: highorlow on September 07, 2010, 11:04:50 AM
Yes I kinda felt sorry for the Cats after the game. The way Tipp played on Sunday means they will be around for a few years. Hopefully this will be enough time for them to get over thier fist clenching / gesturing / roaring to the crowd every time they win a free; a new rule should be brought in reversing a free if a player does that; its not the WWF.

I couldn't agree more.

Onlooker

Quote from: funtime frankie on September 07, 2010, 11:16:37 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9BQlrrIr8uA

Fill yer boots boys. Not All Ireland talent show material but Pat Kerwick lacks nothing in passion. Still makes the hairs stand on the back of the neck.
Fair play to Pat Kerwick.  That was a great finish to a perfect day in Croke Park.  I have the match on Sky Plus and RTE ignored that part of the celebration (typical), but you can hear it in the background as you are forced to listen to Cyril Farrell & co. spouting away in the studio.  To hear "The Galtee Mountain Boy" in Croke Park last Sunday was something special.  This is the real anthem of Tipperary Hurling and Football.  Well done Pat.

AZOffaly

Great stuff. The hairs were standing on my arms listening to it again, and I hate Tipp (only joking :D).

At least Croke Park had the cop on to keep the piped music until it was over. Well done Croker as well.

mouview

No, I was neutral but wanted Tipp to win. Nothing much against KK but sport thrives on competition.

orangeman

Quote from: AZOffaly on September 07, 2010, 11:49:15 AM
Great stuff. The hairs were standing on my arms listening to it again, and I hate Tipp (only joking :D).

At least Croke Park had the cop on to keep the piped music until it was over. Well done Croker as well.

Spare a thought then for the poor minors who got the Black Eyed Peas and left the Bishop talking into a microphone that wasn't switvhed on.

You could have nearly guranteed a balls up in spite of months of preparation for the day. The look on Christy's face was priceless !!! He was livid !!!  ;)

Hardy

Quote from: orangeman on September 07, 2010, 11:56:32 AM

Spare a thought then for the poor minors who got the Black Eyed Peas and left the Bishop talking into a microphone that wasn't switvhed on.

Top marks to whoever arranged that. Was there ever a more annoying windbag than this ould fart? What exactly is the job of "patron" of the GAA, which is what I believe this character is billed as? Is there something in the constitution that says we have to have one (or more) of these? And if we do, that it has to be a cleric? A catholic cleric? Does anyone know what it's about? What would I say to someone who suggested it's casual, careless sectarianism? Where does it fit with Nicky Brennan's policy of attracting "protestants" to the games? Come to think of it, how did that go? Is it still in action? What is it doing and how?

AZOffaly

Quote from: Hardy on September 07, 2010, 12:29:35 PM
Quote from: orangeman on September 07, 2010, 11:56:32 AM

Top marks to whoever arranged that. Was there ever a more annoying windbag than this ould fart? What exactly is the job of "patron" of the GAA, which is what I believe this character is billed as? Is there something in the constitution that says we have to have one (or more) of these? And if we do, that it has to be a cleric? A catholic cleric? Does anyone know what it's about? What would I say to someone who suggested it's casual, careless sectarianism? Where does it fit with Nicky Brennan's policy of attracting "protestants" to the games? Come to think of it, how did that go? Is it still in action? What is it doing and how?

Sure according to Christy, Peter and the boys we are all patrons. I'm going to go up and say a few words in my capacity as Patron of the GAA after the next Offaly game there. (circa 2020).

The Real Laoislad

Not me,I was delighted Tipp won.
Then I did grow up on the Kilkenny border and have had to listen to them more than most on here.
You'll Never Walk Alone.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: ONeill on September 06, 2010, 06:56:20 PM
I heard you were pulled out by the manager before a football game was ever organised but your secretary and chairman never bothered to inform Kilmacud. Nothing to do with footballers I hear.

I prefer to say nothing, and I'll not get into the reasons here on a public forum regarding my club, airing your dirty linen and all that. As i have said a football match was arranged and we were left short of numbers.

If your source told you then it was bound to come on here.

Hardstation, i think you will find that i know a wee bit more than you with regards to the Sevens no show.
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Minder

"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"