Another sad day for boxing

Started by beer baron, July 22, 2010, 10:02:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

beer baron

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5qqtYErML_M
Hardly does a lot for boxings reputation-particularly when there was hundreds of thousands of dollars placed on briggs to get knocked out in first round! :o

A Quinn Martin Production

Watch the video right to the end for the interview with Green.
Antrim - One Of A Dying Breed of Genuine Dual Counties

EagleLord

That is disgarceful. Couldnt beleive my eyes.

J OGorman

unreal...though the whole episode inc the interview has a very WWE staged feel to it

Gaffer

Quote from: beer baron on July 22, 2010, 10:02:46 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5qqtYErML_M
Hardly does a lot for boxings reputation-particularly when there was hundreds of thousands of dollars placed on briggs to get knocked out in first round! :o

Unbelievable! When did that farce take place?
"Well ! Well ! Well !  If it ain't the Smoker !!!"

beer baron

stephenite

Headline news over here - Green has rowed back on last nights comments and says that having watched the replay he can accept that it was a legitimate fight and that he knocked him out - he said that a warrior like Briggs would be embarrassed and feel bad about the performance.

Warrior my hole

EagleLord

There is no room for doubt here, he took a dive!

Gaffer

"Well ! Well ! Well !  If it ain't the Smoker !!!"

Capt Pat

Ridiculous behaviour from those fighters. The whole thing did have a staged feel about it.

quit yo jibbajabba

goin by that fox report; they said yer man hadnt fought since 2007; how the hell did he get to do a title fight then???

orangeman

Wee Shea

Quote from: orangeman on July 22, 2010, 11:55:59 AM
That was bad.

Same could be said of your 13774 (and counting) contributions to this board.

The Subbie

Quote from: stephenite on July 22, 2010, 11:02:43 AM
Headline news over here - Green has rowed back on last nights comments and says that having watched the replay he can accept that it was a legitimate fight and that he knocked him out - he said that a warrior like Briggs would be embarrassed and feel bad about the performance.

Warrior my hole

Aye the Aussies were going mad about it all right, seen it in the paper this morning, but did'nt yer man that took the dive turn up @ the weigh in 5 kgs overweight even after hitting the sauna for afew hours?

but your right Stephenite , warrior me hole

beer baron

Quote from: The Subbie on July 22, 2010, 12:50:06 PM
Quote from: stephenite on July 22, 2010, 11:02:43 AM

Warrior my hole

Aye the Aussies were going mad about it all right, seen it in the paper this morning, but did'nt yer man that took the dive turn up @ the weigh in 5 kgs overweight even after hitting the sauna for afew hours?

but your right Stephenite , warrior me hole

Ah he weighed in overweight alright,didn't realise it was by that much thogh