Paul Grimley

Started by you take er!, July 16, 2010, 11:00:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

you take er!

I had started to put this on another thread and realised it was out of place.   
On the Grimley issue i have been really annoyed at how he has spoken about the Armagh post in the last months. He was treated badly initially granted, the second time he didnt think things were right  - but the way he has gone on you would think Armagh had killed all belonging to him! ruling out ever taking the job etc. Does he forget he is an Armagh man? I already commented previously at how celebrated on the pitch hugging etc when Monaghan trounced Armagh. These are players he previously worked with, could he not appreciate how much they would be hurting? surely he could've had a little more class than to openly celebrate like he did.  Even last weekend, he arrived in Keady to take the Armagh 02 team against the Rest of Ireland select wearing a Monaghan top!!
Im sorry but as a coach he is top notch, he has gone down in my estimation otherwise though.

the Deel Rover

twas bound to happen , not enough ulster threads on the 1st page
Crossmolina Deel Rovers
All Ireland Club Champions 2001

Armaghgeddon

Think he is trying to make a point with the Co Board. Nothing against Armagh or the players but he is out to prove himself and I think he is hell bent on trying to wreck the team. The way he is going though he will not get the Armagh job. Between him and the county, the more he digs his heels the more the county board will do the same.

mountainboii

Why do some Armagh people still care? Honestly, it's embarrassing at this stage.

The Konica

Quote from: the Deel Rover on July 16, 2010, 11:01:42 AM
Pot/Kettle

Every take a look at all the Mayo threads there are to endure?

Abble

Quote from: Armaghgeddon on July 16, 2010, 11:17:35 AM
Nothing against Armagh or the players but he is out to prove himself and I think he is hell bent on trying to wreck the team.

trying to wreck what team ?  ???

Armaghgeddon

Quote from: Abble on July 16, 2010, 12:44:35 PM
Nothing against Armagh or the players but he is out to prove himself and I think he is hell bent on trying to wreck the team.

The Armagh teams Morale. It was noticeable when Armagh and Monaghan - he kept shouting at the team trying to get them to keep putting the scores on the board. He wants to show how big of a mistake the county board have made. But all is done, im happy with the progress that POR is making if we manager to beat Dublin then even better.

The Konica

If ...

QuoteI already commented previously at how celebrated on the pitch hugging etc when Monaghan trounced Armagh. These are players he previously worked with, could he not appreciate how much they would be hurting? surely he could've had a little more class than to openly celebrate like he did.  Even last weekend, he arrived in Keady to take the Armagh 02 team against the Rest of Ireland select wearing a Monaghan top!!

and

QuoteIt was noticeable when Armagh and Monaghan - he kept shouting at the team trying to get them to keep putting the scores on the board.

Are true it certainly suggests he's still very pissed off - which is funny considering he actually made the decision to go to Monaghan.

thewanderer

Quote from: Armaghgeddon on July 16, 2010, 12:58:48 PM

The Armagh teams Morale. It was noticeable when Armagh and Monaghan - he kept shouting at the team trying to get them to keep putting the scores on the board. He wants to show how big of a mistake the county board have made. But all is done, im happy with the progress that POR is making if we manager to beat Dublin then even better.
what crap just move on he is entitled to push monaghan on and i have to say he was very gracious on the radio after the match in relation to the armagh team. ps still think tyrone will win and prove that he will never get silverware with monaghan, he should have taken armagh no matter about the county board.

Armaghgeddon

Quote from: thewanderer on July 16, 2010, 01:08:58 PM
Quote from: Armaghgeddon on July 16, 2010, 12:58:48 PM

what crap just move on he is entitled to push monaghan on and i have to say he was very gracious on the radio after the match in relation to the armagh team. ps still think tyrone will win and prove that he will never get silverware with monaghan, he should have taken armagh no matter about the county board.

Of course he is, but don't recall him doing it against Fermanagh and Fermanagh put up a lot more fight. Oh well Grimley can get on with his business and Armagh can get on with their's. He is with the enemy as far as im concerned  ::)

As for Sunday im not so sure. Tyrone haven't looked that impressive at all. If Antrim played two halves Tyrone could very well be in the qualifiers now. Down are all huff but no puff, If Donegal weren't so wasteful they would have been put out.

Monaghan on the other hand - well I am of the opinion that Armagh fall apart when reduced to 14 men. In the first leage game against Down Armagh were picking off the scores and coming back into the game but then they were reduced to 14 men and fell to pieces. The same happened against Monaghan, if we had 15 men on the pitch that day it would have been a closer game but Monaghan would have still won. As for the Fermanagh - well no offence to them but they aren't one of the top Ulster teams but always put up a fight, they started to attack when it was to late.

So what we now have are 2 teams that are in the final. Tyrone have done enough but looking at the opposition they really should have blown them away if they are still that good. Monaghan are racking up some high scores and the defence aren't conceeding a lot either. Tyrone could be playing their little games again where they have a slow build up but I think this year it is not the case.

mackers

Quote from: AFS on July 16, 2010, 11:26:04 AM
Why do some Armagh people still care? Honestly, it's embarrassing at this stage.
Exactly...........old news.......we've a big match tomorrow, I'd be more worried about that.
Keep your pecker hard and your powder dry and the world will turn.

Jinxy

Quote from: the Deel Rover on July 16, 2010, 11:01:42 AM

Some of them tried to claim Louth as an Ulster county.  :P
If you were any use you'd be playing.