Programme about Dublin/Monaghan bombings on TV3 at 9pm

Started by BallyhaiseMan, June 27, 2010, 07:49:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BallyhaiseMan

Should be interesting.
I wonder will it reveal the names of those who its known committed it which are easily available online.

pintsofguinness

Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

boojangles

Quote from: pintsofguinness on June 27, 2010, 07:50:28 PM
Move on

::) ::)
Maybe you should move on.

I read a book by Joe Tiernan on the bombings and the loyalist murder gangs of the 70's in the Tyrone,Armagh,Down region. He made a documentary on the bombings around the same time,I wonder is it the same programme.
I wonder will that ugly word 'Collusion' get much of a mention??

BallyhaiseMan

Quote from: boojangles on June 27, 2010, 08:01:54 PM
Move on

I read a book by Joe Tiernan on the bombings and the loyalist murder gangs of the 70's in the Tyrone,Armagh,Down region. He made a documentary on the bombings around the same time,I wonder is it the same programme.

id imagine so boojangles,seeing as the bombs was constructed on an RUC reservists farm and many of the perpetrators held dual UVF/UDR membership.

barelegs

Move on

Yeah, I met Joe Tiernan selling the book door to door one day. Took a copy of his hands. He was saying that no shop would stock it. It's a very revealing read if nothing else

orangeman

They're afraid of a Tribunal costing a ball of money !

balladmaker

QuoteMove on

Tell that to the families who lost their relatives  >:(

stephenite

Move on

Am I missing something Pints? You don't want the Queen visiting because of the victims of her army have not received an apology.

Myles Na G.

Move on

That's right. Themmuns had 'murder gangs', while we had 'active service units'. Themmuns colluded with the Brits in their thousands, while we just had a couple of two bob touts who let the side down.
Language is a weapon. Handle with care.  ;)

stephenite

Quote from: Zapatista on June 28, 2010, 07:05:18 AM
Quote from: stephenite on June 28, 2010, 01:48:41 AM
Move on

Am I missing something Pints? You don't want the Queen visiting because of the victims of her army have not received an apology.

I thought it didn't bother you (or you agreed)? You are right here though.

The Queens visit doesn't bother me, but it seemed to bother Pints and I was just wondering if I was missing something as I perceive a conflict in his opinion, but I could be wrong and thus the question.

Bud Wiser

Quote from: barelegs on June 27, 2010, 09:26:21 PM
Move on

Yeah, I met Joe Tiernan selling the book door to door one day. Took a copy of his hands. He was saying that no shop would stock it. It's a very revealing read if nothing else

I bought one off him as well.  There was a bomb placed up a little laneway between what was then The Galleon pub on Burgh Quay and the Film Centre, or whatever cinema it was at O'Conell Bridge and it blew the arm off the chair in the cinema into the side of a friend of mine.  He used to play in a Showband (Victors) at the time and himself and his girlfriend ended up in the Mater for seven months, actually got married in the Mater church when they were well enough but this was never mentioned in the Dublin Monaghan bombings except for a small reference in Tiernans book.

It wasn't that no shop would stock it, they were told that they would be subject to serious legal implications if they did for distribution of libelous content. Fair play to Joe, he must have doorstepped every house in the country.
" Laois ? You can't drink pints of Guinness and talk sh*te in a pub, and play football the next day"

stephenite

Quote from: stephenite on June 28, 2010, 09:14:01 AM
Quote from: Zapatista on June 28, 2010, 07:05:18 AM
Quote from: stephenite on June 28, 2010, 01:48:41 AM
Move on

I thought it didn't bother you (or you agreed)? You are right here though.

The Queens visit doesn't bother me, but it seemed to bother Pints and I was just wondering if I was missing something as I perceive a conflict in his opinion, but I could be wrong and thus the question.

It's just struck me as blindingly obvious that POG may well have been telling the free staters to 'move on' in direct and sarcastic response to the comments on the Queens visit thread.