Fantasy Baseball

Started by resdubwhite, February 14, 2007, 11:16:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gabriel_Hurl

let's see who ya have - you aren't getting that fella from the Braves though

Gabriel_Hurl

you have Hill there - who is playing out of his skin at the minute - he only had 6 HR's in 155 games last season - and has 4 in 19 games so far this year.

He won't keep it up though

resdubwhite

Papi for Pujols is unfair on you, as pujols is playing hurt.

Could anything else persuade, willing to go Wells plus duine eile to sweeten it.

I see you have Uribe wo was a star for the WS 2 years ago. Why is he ranked so low?

Jack Dempsey

Odds   Team                   Comment                        
8/1    the helmets   Early leader with decent pitching staff                        
7/1    Res Dubs                   Most active manager so far, has lots of HR potential. Should go close to making play-offs                        
13/2    Father Joe's Dynamos   Needs a fit Figgins but off to a good start and has talent in most areas                        
8/1    Faithful Dodgers   Teixeira needs to start hitting the long ball.Some key players on the DL but should challenge                        
10/1    Springfield Isotopes   Solid looking midtable team                        
10/1    Slugger Squad 57   Has the best player in Baseball in Reyes but pitching could well let team down                        
13/2    Crossmaglen Hitmen   Strong all over, will be a contender                        
10/1    AZ Diamondbacks   Will need Pedro to come back healthy but should back play-offs                        
12/1    Howya now   Weak pitching but manager looking to upgrade, midtable could be finishing position                        
16/1    Big Apple Orchards   Potential but lack of early season waiver action could be sign of bad things to come                        
8/1    Ardboe Blue Jays   Looks very solid all round, table position is false and a contender for the title                        
20/1    Red Hand Hitters   Team has talent but question marks over a lot of players                        
50/1    Maynooth Padres   Liriano in team, big outsider, on a par with Kansas !                        
33/1    shitloadofdimes   Key players on DL but not without a chance                        

heganboy

Surprisingly, no booing for alez in yankee stadium. Though they do call for bernie williams if anybody isn't batting well (stand up if you're at first base)
If that's a real book, I'll have 50 quid each way on all the 8/1s
Thanks
Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity

Jack Dempsey

I dont think there is a bookie in the world who would price this up. Well not yet anyway. Someone here could have 2 teams and others could be very good mates. ( now im not suggesting anything but... ) But maybe after the allstar break I will price it for real. Likewise the non-triers should be more obvious and i'll be able to price a book leaving out all the deadwood.

Carmen Stateside

Watching Yankees game Chin Ming Wang is perfect through 7 innings!! No hitter is on! ;D they lead 6 0

Carmen Stateside

Gabriel_Hurl

The Yankees have pushed the panic button big-time.

Bringing Clemens back again for half a season at $28 million. Its a joke

dec

Quote from: Gabriel_Hurl on May 07, 2007, 01:42:45 PM
The Yankees have pushed the panic button big-time.

Bringing Clemens back again for half a season at $28 million. Its a joke

Can't blame them with the amount of injuries their pitchers have had.

Finally some good luck for my pitchers. I gambled picking Clemens, not knowing if he would pitch at all this season. I picked up Phil Hughes on waivers and he got injured 2/3 of the way through a no hitter.

resdubwhite

Jesus.

28 million is a lot of money.

By the looks of things, he's going to have to carry the pitchers of the yanks for a couple of months.

Genuine surprise in new england that he's going to NY.
They appeared to think the deal was done.
That would have been some pitching line up.
Schill, Beckett (6-0) already, dice-k, Wake and the rocket, but it wasn't to be.

heganboy

In fairness the rocket will ease a lot of the worries at yankee stadium, they needed another dependable pitcher- right now Wang is it. Yanks will start their 6th rookie pitcher this year tonight, Mariano has been wobbly for the first time in years. $18m for the rest of the season- not bad money if you can get it...
Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity

resdubwhite

Week 6 scores

Res Dubs                  6         
Faithful Dodgers         4

AZ Diamondbacks        0         
Big Apple Orchards     10

Springfield Isotopes     6         
shitloadofdimes           5

Ardboe Blue Jays         7         
Red Hand Hitters         4

Crossmaglen Hitmen       8    
Maynooth Padres   3

the helmets                6         
Slugger Squad 57        5

Howya now                8         
Father Joe's Dynamos  3

And the league.
1.         the helmets     40-22-4     .636     -     6-5-0     8     11
2.       Res Dubs                    37-24-5    .598    2.5    6-4-1    14    26
3.       Crossmaglen Hitmen    36-24-6    .591    3    8-3-0    9    13
4.       Howya now    34-24-8    .576    4    8-3-0    11    13
5.       Springfield Isotopes    32-27-7    .538    6.5    6-5-0    4    6
6.       Slugger Squad 57    34-29-3    .538    6.5    5-6-0    5    1
7.       Big Apple Orchards    30-28-8    .515    8    10-0-1    10    1
8.       Father Joe's Dynamos    33-31-2    .515    8    3-8-0    13    14
9.       Faithful Dodgers    29-31-6    .485    10    4-6-1    12    11
10.       AZ Diamondbacks    27-33-6    .455    12    0-10-1    2    1
11.       Ardboe Blue Jays    27-36-3    .432    13.5    7-4-0    7    4
12.       Red Hand Hitters    26-35-5    .432    13.5    4-7-0    1    1
13.       Maynooth Padres    22-41-3    .356    18.5    3-8-0    6    -
14.       shitloadofdimes    21-43-2    .333    20    5-6-0    3    1

bombidal

My guys beginning to heat up now led by David Wright. About time.
Anyone any view on the outright World Series at this stage of the season. Yankees finished allready
*** Gaaboard Fantasy Football Champion 09 ***

Gabriel_Hurl

Tied for last place in the AL East  :D :D :D :D :D