Started by Barney, June 06, 2010, 09:39:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Who would you like to see as Mayo Manager in 2010

James Horan
Tommy Lyons
Anthony McGarry
John Maughan

DuffleKing

Within the width of a post of getting a replay against armagh...

irunthev

Right lads let's put this argument to bed straight away. The acid test for any inter-county manager is how his team performs in the Championship against London. In 1996 Maughan's Mayo beat London by 6 pts 1-11 to 1-5, in 2004 Lyon's Dublin team won 3-24 to 0-6 (27pt victory).
It's quite obvious from these statistics that Tommy Lyons is the superior football tactician and motivator and should therefore be installed immediately as manager of the Mayo senior team. I will be advising the Mayo CB of my findings.  :P

Barney

Especially when LOndon stand in our way next year!

i would not like Lyons but he deserves more respect. He also won a league and Leinster with Awfully and an u21 All Ireland with Dublin.

we could do worse. You cannot judge a manager by their TV analysis

Lar Naparka

Quote from: irunthev on September 11, 2010, 11:29:40 AM
Right lads let's put this argument to bed straight away. The acid test for any inter-county manager is how his team performs in the Championship against London. In 1996 Maughan's Mayo beat London by 6 pts 1-11 to 1-5, in 2004 Lyon's Dublin team won 3-24 to 0-6 (27pt victory).
It's quite obvious from these statistics that Tommy Lyons is the superior football tactician and motivator and should therefore be installed immediately as manager of the Mayo senior team. I will be advising the Mayo CB of my findings.  :P

AW, go 'way outa that!
he'd have them all playing his 'arse football' in no time.
The whole bleddy lot of 'em are good enough at that already- we'd just like them to stop kicking their own and get stuck into the opposition once in a while! ;D
Nil Carborundum Illegitemi

muppet

Quote from: Barney on September 11, 2010, 11:57:04 AM

i would not like Lyons but he deserves more respect. He also won a league and Leinster with Awfully and an u21 All Ireland with Dublin.

You can't get a manager's job because of your TV analysis, but you can sure talk yourself out of a job with it.
MWWSI 2017

heffo

Quote from: Barney on September 11, 2010, 11:57:04 AM

I hope you don't live to regret that comment Barney!

He had next or nothing to do with that U21 team - Jim Gavin & Declan Darcy trained and prepared the team until the final when Lyons marched in - I personally wouldn't let him near a club team never mind Mayo

Farrandeelin

How come? When did London move to Leinster?
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

muppet

Quote from: Farrandeelin on September 11, 2010, 03:32:27 PM

Mayo lost to Longford and we aren't in Leinster.
MWWSI 2017

Farrandeelin

Quote from: muppet on September 11, 2010, 03:43:13 PM
Quote from: Farrandeelin on September 11, 2010, 03:32:27 PM

Mayo lost to Longford and we aren't in Leinster.

Well I didn't know it was a back-door game he was referring to! :-[
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

ross4life

Castlerea knocked out of the Roscommon Championship today, Kearney should be available?
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

Rossfan

Hopefully he'll take his anti football style back with him.
Good to see the Elphiners make it to the Final but will it be a step too far?
Great display by Fintan C. I believe
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

ross4life

Quote from: Rossfan on September 12, 2010, 05:42:52 PM
Hopefully he'll take his anti football style back with him.
Good to see the Elphiners make it to the Final but will it be a step too far?
Great display by Fintan C. I believe

Yep Fintan played well but where would Castlerea be without Ger Heneghan? he score 8 of the 9 scores today lucky to have him

Would expect Senan Kilbride & co to be Crown ross champs with plenty to spare
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

the Deel Rover

Ah come on lads i know ye added 1/4 page but here is definately not the place to be chatting about rossie football , we really dont give a fcuk
Crossmolina Deel Rovers
All Ireland Club Champions 2001

Rossfan

We're only trying to get ye to the 100 pages so ye're Co Board can pick the Maughtan/Carr nightmare team  ;D
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Breffni_Yank