Barcelona - things to see and do?

Started by GalwayBayBoy, February 12, 2007, 10:57:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Our Nail Loney

Quote from: kinghen on August 22, 2008, 12:55:42 PM
great trip away, you'll have to take out another credit union loan and take your woman away our naill, she deserves it! must be 6months now is it??

four and a half

my credit union is maxed out unfortunately

heganboy

scobies on sunday morning for the GAA
Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity

toiletroller

http://www.irishrockcafe.com/

Visit this place. Great food, loadsa screens for the football and 2 euro pints whichis unusual for Barcelona.

orangeman

Watch out on the auld Rambler ! You could get your bag emptied and lose your money as well !

illdecide

Lads I've booked for Barcelona but am looking for some names of good hotels to stay in (September) the one hotel i was looking for (the Royal) is not available so I'd appreciate a few good hotels you'd recommend for me and and old stray bit ;)
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

declan85

Quote from: illdecide on June 20, 2010, 10:02:41 PM
Lads I've booked for Barcelona but am looking for some names of good hotels to stay in (September) the one hotel i was looking for (the Royal) is not available so I'd appreciate a few good hotels you'd recommend for me and and old stray bit ;)

Stayed in this Hotel a few years ago, was really nice, very clean. 3 minutes walk from nearest metro station & the main bus station. 5 mins by metro to las Ramblas.
Cant remember how much it was at the time but for 3 lads sharing i know it was good value...

http://www.confortelhoteles.com/en/hotel-auditori-barcelona/

tintin25

Lads, anyone been to the bull run in Pamplona?

ross4life

I would also recommend the apartments & plenty of choice close to Las Ramblas, Great city Barcelona one of my favourites
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

Gaffer

Anyone been to Port Aventura Theme Park while visiting Barcelona? Is it just for youngsters or is there anything for adults? (Apart from the drink of course) 

Any other tips on Barcelona itself?
"Well ! Well ! Well !  If it ain't the Smoker !!!"

Milltown Row2

went to port aventura while away this summer. The park is very good and would be mainly adult based rides. would recommend going on a week day as the weekends are usually bunged. would also recommend spend the extra few bob on the express ticket. though you only get to use it for once per ride. (i think)

longest i waited was 40 minutes and it was worth it. its the ride you'll see on entering the Park. the food in the place is grand also with themed regional food.

None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

illdecide

How far away is that park from Barcelona? (city centre)

Milltown Row2

aye its about 45-50 minutes in a car. there's about 4 tolls to go through also!!! handy drive. though would imagine there is a bus that would go directly with price all in. expensive enough I'd imagine.

Barcelona was really warm when i was there (2 weeks ago) the humidity is bad and the bus tour can be hard work
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

illdecide

Ohh is that the big water park near Lloret De Mar, Costa Brava?

J OGorman

Quote from: illdecide on August 03, 2010, 12:33:46 PM
How far away is that park from Barcelona? (city centre)

we took the train to port aventura from Barcelona (picked up a good divers watch cheap @ the jewellers in the train station)...took about 30/40 mins down the coast..nice way to travel. The station is just across the road from the park. The Dragon Khan coaster is a quare yok, loops 8 times. Wee tip, do the water rides first, as we ended up going on the log flumes last and travelled back in the train pure wringin.

Istabraq

Quote from: declan85 on June 21, 2010, 11:04:18 AM
Quote from: illdecide on June 20, 2010, 10:02:41 PM

Stayed in this Hotel a few years ago, was really nice, very clean. 3 minutes walk from nearest metro station & the main bus station. 5 mins by metro to las Ramblas.
Cant remember how much it was at the time but for 3 lads sharing i know it was good value...

http://www.confortelhoteles.com/en/hotel-auditori-barcelona/
Stayed there myself, highly recommend it, good value