Sean Og wants pay for play

Started by Minder, April 29, 2010, 10:22:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zulu

deiseach as you say we could around in circles for the night picking little holes and making valid (and probably not so valid) points but I always come back to the bottom line on this issue. A professional GAA would need to be voted in by the GAA membership and that simply isn't going to happen and even if ever IC player wanted it and was willing to go on strike for it we still wouldn't vote it in.

I agree the issue won't go away but it should because we have real issues that we need to tackle now. What role the GPA has in these other issues I'm not sure but I do think that IC players should have a voice in any rule or competition structure alterations. They don't seem to at the moment and as a result, we get the farce that is this handpass rule.

To me all this talk of a professional GAA being hoisted upon us by the GPA is akin to medieval king worried about some far off enemy, building ever higher walls while ignoring every day issues like sanitation and food supplies that will bring down his city far sooner than any distant enemy.

We should deal with real issues and treat the GPA with respect and honesty. If we do that I don't think we will have any problems with them in the future.

dowling

Zulu tell me if you can, what happens to Cork's 'fair play' financial award? Thought Reillers might have responded on another thread but the answer might well be relative to this thread.

heffo

Quote from: dowling on May 27, 2010, 12:26:09 AM
Zulu tell me if you can, what happens to Cork's 'fair play' financial award? Thought Reillers might have responded on another thread but the answer might well be relative to this thread.

Well as Donal Og is on the record in stating that he'd throw slabs of the Official Cork County board drink over the fence into the crowd if it conflicted with his own financial deals and sponsorship - we can probably all make an educated guess