24 Martin Ferris Naomh Pádraig Carraig Chropain
25 Francis Hanratty Raonaithe Na Croise
26 Paul McKeown Raonaithe Na Croise
27 Joe Feeney Na Ropairí Na Madáin
28 Enda McNulty Cuchulláin Mullach Bán
29 Martin O'Rourke Naomh Pádraig Droim an Tí
30 Ronan Clarke Na Piarsaigh Oga 

bennydorano

James Kielt injured or is Cassidy at it?

Different shape Armagh team than we've been used to of late, probably not how we'll line out.

Real1995

I'd expect Aaron to drop back to defense and Toner to play at Midfield with Vernon moving to half forward line.....
Nice guys always finish second!

mackers

Good curve ball from O'Rourke...............Kieran Toner could well stay at FB benny, would settle the jitters in our own square. If midfield isn't going well it can be re-jigged. Donaghy has had his problems at CB though. Big day for Malachy Mackin.........he has many detractors in the county but has had a good league campaign except for the first Down game (not on his own there).
O'Rourke was going to have to come up with something different as Cassidy would have had prepared for us and the way we played vs Donegal and Down.
There's a few good men on the bench to come in if things aren't going well.
Keep your pecker hard and your powder dry and the world will turn.

David McKeown

Not fussed on that team I think Toner is needed too much at midfield to be played on the edge of the square where Brendy has been doing a fine job for a couple of years.  Forward line also looks a little week for me
2022 Allianz League Prediction Competition Winner

hobit hunter

I like it!

Toner will start at MF for sure, Donaghy has been doing a great job at FB and O'Riourke will have the lads well briefed.  What this gives us is the flexibility to change it up without making substitutions......which is what I like.

Aaron into HB if needed, Makin into MF if needed.  The way I see it panning out is Donaghy playing FB, Duffy in the corner and Aaron HB (I always saw Shannon as the weak link in the six) with Charlie slotting into CHF and himself and Makin rotating into the MF tussle when needed. 

The only down side is that is sucks us back into a defensive formation.  But that may be what's needed to get out of Celtic Park by 1 point.

mountainboii

Bizarre Armagh line up. I'd near put everything I own on that not actually being the team to take the field. Who would Toner mark in at FB? Maybe it would make sense if we were playing Kerry or someone else with a big hallion of a FF, but I couldn't see him being entrusted with picking up either of the Bradleys, Wilkinson, Mullan, etc, especially with only a McKenna Cup game or two's experience of playing in the FB line.

Oakleafer1993

Quote from: oakleaf93 on May 13, 2010, 09:38:27 PM
Derry team to play Armagh

1. Gillis
2. McAlarey
3. McGuckian
4. McBride
5. O'Kane
6. McGuigan
7. Bateson
8. Dohery
9. Patsy Bradley
10. Mullan
11. Mickey Lynch's wee lad
12. SL McGoldrick
13. E. Bradley
14. Paddy Bradley
15. Wilkinson

No place for either Barry McGoldrick or James Kielt

Looks good - plenty of options on the bench - believe Mullan is going to cause havoc in the Armagh defence - more convinced now - Derry by 3

Onion Bag

Whats the story on James Kielt?
Hats, Flags and Head Bands!

sheamy

I'd say paddy o'rourke is asking the same thing

Oakleafer1993

Quote from: Onion Bag on May 14, 2010, 08:52:13 AM
Whats the story on James Kielt?
I am sure he will make some appearance on sunday.

Winnie Peg

I have been reliably informed by a Derry man....

Edited by Mod3 - Unsubstantiatated rumours and gossip like that is not permitted here. Please be aware that those close to the people allegedly involved , or the people themselves, may well be looking in here.

Thanks

illdecide

Lads from an Armagh perspective I'm not overly confident about Sunday and more so now after seeing the line up without Toner in midfield(if that selection is to be believed). We can't base anything on league form as we all know it means jack shit and our last few championship matches have been pure manure TBH, factor in Derry's record at Celtic Park and no Ronan Clarke (even if he was to come on he's not fit and in my opinion should not even be considered as a sub). I believe we will be cleaned out around the middle as i just don't think J Lavery is up to it (but please go out and prove me wrong big man), so for me i can't understand why everyone in Armagh is so confident of beating Derry.

I'm not trying to pull a fly one here either by talking up Derry's chances or playing down Armagh's but championship is a different matter and we have some guys there who have yet to convice me or have not experienced the white heat of championship football
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

Onion Bag

I am not overly confident either,
Hats, Flags and Head Bands!

omagh_gael

Quote from: Onion Bag on May 14, 2010, 11:46:20 AM
I am not overly confident either,

blah, blah, blah...Armagh by 6 ;)