Derry v Armagh Championship

Started by bennydorano, April 28, 2010, 10:35:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Apple Crumble

Quote from: jodyb on May 03, 2010, 11:22:01 AM
Quote from: Apple Crumble on April 30, 2010, 03:32:36 PM
Quote from: oakleaflad on April 30, 2010, 12:55:01 PM
derry would be a team id always fancy to do well against armagh but there isnt a settled team at all. god only knows what 15 are going to play. skinner going to have to play well, as i expect he will. pb imo is past it, unfortunately. would love to see declan mullan playing if fit, looks a good player. gok going to have to mark stevie mc d, charlie kielt is a loss was playing well. would have mark lynch in the forward line myself with possibly bmcgdrick attacking from chb. still expect derry to do it by 2 or 3 points

Well guys / girls.

Does anyone know if this is available on 'Setanta' onlline.  Their web page isn't exactly easy to navigate around re: subscription.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Apple.

Dunno bout setanta online, but its live on rte, which would mean it'll be available on rte online free

Thanks for the response Jodyb.  I'll be abroad for it and there's no Irish pubs @, so was just checking.

Thanks

Logan

derry would be a team id always fancy to do well against armagh but there isnt a settled team at all. god only knows what 15 are going to play. skinner going to have to play well, as i expect he will. pb imo is past it, unfortunately. would love to see declan mullan playing if fit, looks a good player. gok going to have to mark stevie mc d, charlie kielt is a loss was playing well. would have mark lynch in the forward line myself with possibly bmcgdrick attacking from chb. still expect derry to do it by 2 or 3 points

Well guys / girls.

Does anyone know if this is available on 'Setanta' onlline.  Their web page isn't exactly easy to navigate around re: subscription.

Apple.

Dunno bout setanta online, but its live on rte, which would mean it'll be available on rte online free

But that's not always available online though outside of the 26 counties - isn't that correct?

Apple Crumble

Quote from: Logan on May 03, 2010, 02:40:41 PM

Well guys / girls.

Apple.

But that's not always available online though outside of the 26 counties - isn't that correct?

Certainly RTE online isn't available abroad.

Puckoon

It isnt. Setanta online/broadband/i isnt too hard to navigate - although they dont mind sticking the oar in at $19.99 per game. I had a yearly subscription for 150$ and it included all the soccer and rugby but I took a head stagger and didnt renew it this time.

GrandMasterFlash

Quote from: Apple Crumble on May 03, 2010, 05:35:35 PM
Quote from: Logan on May 03, 2010, 02:40:41 PM

Well guys / girls.

Apple.

Certainly RTE online isn't available abroad.

Unless you 'fake' your IP address... You can buy/rent an Irish IP addresses therefore making RTE online 'think' your on the Island of Ireland..

hobit hunter

Quote from: Ulick on May 03, 2010, 01:26:27 PM
Given last year's debacle, I'd imagine Armagh would love to be meeting Monaghan early in the Championship.

Couldn't agree more.  That game last year has to be the lowest point that we've had for some time.  My most vivid memory is the ball and man passing by Aidan O'Rourke time after time which epitomised the whole team - we looked heavy legged, demotivated and tired. 

Compare that to what we saw in Croker and it's like a new team.  If only to get through Derry for a chance to redeem ourselves!

Does anyone have any word on Clarkey - is there any truth in the suggestion that he turned his ankle and it's not related to the original achilles injury?

illdecide

aye i think this injury of Clarke's is all hush hush, i smell a rat ;)
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

Apple Crumble

Quote from: Puckoon on May 04, 2010, 12:06:14 AM
It isnt. Setanta online/broadband/i isnt too hard to navigate - although they dont mind sticking the oar in at $19.99 per game. I had a yearly subscription for 150$ and it included all the soccer and rugby but I took a head stagger and didnt renew it this time.

I'll give it another go!!!!

Armaghtothebone

Quote from: illdecide on May 04, 2010, 12:59:13 PM
aye i think this injury of Clarke's is all hush hush, i smell a rat ;)

Unfortunately no flat tailed ground squirrels here.
Clarkie is not even training with the lads.
maybe if we were Kerry or cork or even Tyrone we'd have played the league witout one of our best forwards, but we're not. We have 2 top class forwards and unfortunately one is injured. 

illdecide

Lads would it be fair to expect the same team that lined out against Down to start against Derry with Dyas and Clarke the only two in with a shout of displacing anyone although I'd be 90% sure both will start on the bench. Def two influential subs to introduce to any game.

We seem to have a fair strong bench if things aren't going our way which i believe will swing it by 2Pt's in our favour...correct!!!

mackers

Quote from: illdecide on May 05, 2010, 02:18:15 PM
Lads would it be fair to expect the same team that lined out against Down to start against Derry with Dyas and Clarke the only two in with a shout of displacing anyone although I'd be 90% sure both will start on the bench. Def two influential subs to introduce to any game.

We seem to have a fair strong bench if things aren't going our way which i believe will swing it by 2Pt's in our favour...correct!!!
Personally think that Clarke should not be risked, even to come off the bench. Don't like the sound of this injury he has at all. Leave him off the panel and hopefully aim for the first round of USFC/qualifiers.

What about Hearty? Will he be no.1? I'd imagine that McEvoy would be fairly miffed at his treatment. He made one mistake through the League campaign and was dropped, Hearty has made more..........what will the management do?
Keep your pecker hard and your powder dry and the world will turn.

illdecide

They'll stick by Hearty...guranteed. I agree that Clarke should not be rushed back as achilles injurys are not to be messed with (i know from experience and had 4 months in a cast to prove it)

ardmhachaabu

I largely agree with you.  The same people who were on the bench 8-10 years ago are gone, the men who are there at the minute have proven themselves already this year with the exception of 1 individual who I won't name.  Not sure about Clarkie making an appearance at all in this game, he may need more time, hopefully not.  Anyone know if Dyas has recovered yet?

mackers, I'd hope that McEvoy gets a start but I feel the management are more likely to go with Hearty again.  Though he did show he can vary his kickouts as well as be accurate in his kicking in the league this year, maybe he is being judged too harshly?
Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something

stew

Quote from: mackers on May 05, 2010, 04:14:01 PM

Personally think that Clarke should not be risked, even to come off the bench. Don't like the sound of this injury he has at all. Leave him off the panel and hopefully aim for the first round of USFC/qualifiers.

What about Hearty? Will he be no.1? I'd imagine that McEvoy would be fairly miffed at his treatment. He made one mistake through the League campaign and was dropped, Hearty has made more..........what will the management do?

McEvoy is the better keeper and you are right, he made one gaffe and was yanked, how many chances is Hearty going to get?

McEvoy is the better keeper of the two, he is sure handed, a better distributor of the ball and I would have to think the Backs would have a bit more confidence in him than Hearty.

Clarke is too valuable, no point in rushing him back so that he can do more damage, let him heal and then cut him loose.
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

mackers

Quote from: ardmhachaabu on May 05, 2010, 05:01:06 PM

I largely agree with you.  The same people who were on the bench 8-10 years ago are gone, the men who are there at the minute have proven themselves already this year with the exception of 1 individual who I won't name.  Not sure about Clarkie making an appearance at all in this game, he may need more time, hopefully not.  Anyone know if Dyas has recovered yet?

mackers, I'd hope that McEvoy gets a start but I feel the management are more likely to go with Hearty again.  Though he did show he can vary his kickouts as well as be accurate in his kicking in the league this year, maybe he is being judged too harshly?
Paul has served us well over the years and I've no vendetta against him but his confidence under the high ball appears to be shot. I watched the League Final again and even if he had caught the ball chances are it still would've been a goal as he was standing behind the line. Martin Clarke had a sideline ball not long after the goal and TV pictures clearly show Coulter indicating to Clarke to get it in there again. Teams are starting to catch on to this weakness. As stew says this is bound to make his backs very nervous also.
Keep your pecker hard and your powder dry and the world will turn.