Prayers for conjoined twins

Started by longrunsthefox, April 07, 2010, 05:48:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

longrunsthefox

I think we can all agree on this one.
Please God these wee babies will pull through okay.

Cork conjoined twins undergoing surgery

Conjoined twins Hassan and Hussein Benhaffaf from Cork are undergoing surgery to separate them at Great Ormond Street Hospital for Children in London.
Hassan and Hussein are now four months old and doctors who have been closely monitoring their progress have determined this to be the optimum time to perform the marathon separation.
The surgery, which is scheduled to last more than 20 hours, began this morning.

It is being led by Consultant Neonatal and Paediatric Surgeon Edward Kiely.
Dr Kiely has been managing cases of conjoined twins at Great Ormond Street Hospital for Children in London since the 1980s.

Dr Kiely has declined to comment on the operation, but he has said that in cases like this where doctors have the opportunity to plan the surgery and the twins are stable, the chances of both surviving are high.
The twins and their parents, Azzedine and Angie, have been in London preparing for the surgery for the past two-and-a-half weeks.
The family have appealed for people to remember them in their thoughts and prayers today.

Puckoon

Bless them - hope it goes perfectly.

stpauls

saw them on the Late Late Show a couple of weeks ago, god bless them!!
Mrs Stpauls and I will be thinking of them this evening, and a few prayers will be said!!

longrunsthefox

Hope springs eternal...

A 14-hour operation to separate conjoined twins, Hassan and Hussein Benhaffaf from Cork, has been completed at Great Ormond Street Hospital in London.
Cork native Edward Kiely, a consultant paediatric surgeon who led the surgery, said the hospital is pleased with how the operation went.
The twins are said to be in a sedated but stable condition in intensive care.

The twins' parents, Angie and Azzedine Benhaffaf, expressed their relief at the outcome.
'The sun is shining today for our two little fighters, who have won the battle of their lives,' they said in a statement.

'Words cannot express the relief and love we feel for our two boys. We thank God, we thank the surgeons and the gifted team at Great Ormond Street Hospital, and we thank from the bottom of our hearts the Irish nation and everyone who prayed for our beloved twins.
'We are so proud of the courage and strength that Hassan and Hussein have shown, and they both have made the world a much better place with them in it.'

The boys were born on 2 December 2009. They were joined at the chest but did not share any major organs.

cokers

Sounds like a pretty successful operation and I will continue to keep them in my prayers. I hope the recovery process is a smooth and steady one. Well done to the surgeons concerned

5 Sams

Le Cunamh De it seems to have worked.... :)
The Aristocrat Years

Tony Baloney

GOS is some gaff. Good to hear they are doing well.

Shrewdness

Let's hear it for the wonderful medical personnel involved there.

ziggysego

Great to hear they're doing well after the surgery.
Testing Accessibility