International Rules 2010/2011

Started by Estimator, March 31, 2010, 02:14:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

twotwocharlie

Silverbridge Harps development draw   www.winonehundredthousand.ie great value for £20/euro

good income for any club willing to promote this draw.

Orangemac

Took the young fella down Saturday night. Although the game itself lacked excitement Croke Park looked brilliant under the lights, imagine a big championship game under lights. Fantastic Ted.

As for the series itself I am in 2 minds. On 1 hand the game itself is a bit of a joke and no one is that bothered if Ireland lose. On the other hand if it is funding itself and the players and supporters continue to support it, wheres the harm?

It's hard to see the Railway Cup making a comeback.

BarryBreensBandage

Quote from: fearglasmor on November 01, 2010, 05:08:38 PM
Lads the perfect solution is staring ye in the face, I'm surprised no one has suggested..........a Provincial Rules Tournament.

;)

Do you mean compromise rules or GAA tournament? Because I have always thought a crackin weekend in Dublin would be an inter-provincial GAA tournament, the same as the universities' Sigerson weekend.

Double Header Semi-Finals played on the Friday night with the final on the Saturday. Properly marketed and managed, I reckon it would be a belter.

We have to get Croke Park and the bigger provincial grounds opened during week and under lights. It gives an alternative to sitting in the house over the winter, and your wife realising how boring you really are.

Was there last Saturday, and although the first three quarters were pretty awful, the atmosphere was unbelieveable in the last quarter.

All the underage players we took with us really enjoyed the occasion; looking forward now to the National League games which have been given a boost now they are held on days other than Sunday.

Thank God for floodlights.
"Some people say I am indecisive..... maybe I am, maybe I'm not".

J OGorman

Quote from: lynchbhoy on November 01, 2010, 09:56:45 AM
(in heineken cup we are cheating as we have provinces with multiple clubs in them while the rest of europe just have clubs - though scotland and wales are now following suit).

what??
you're probably best to leave the rugby chat out of your argument lad

Jinxy

If you were any use you'd be playing.

BarryBreensBandage

"Some people say I am indecisive..... maybe I am, maybe I'm not".

Jinxy

Rossfan

Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Redhand Santa

Just watched the first half. A poor game with little open play. Ireland outclassed and very poor in the basics of a game they play week in week out. No fights either and not the passion you would expect. Not much of an atmosphere and lot of empty seats. Should rugby be scrapped?

Jinxy

Redhand Santa

Just watched the match. A poor game with little open play. Ireland scrapped to a win against a country with a population of less than 200lk and very poor in the basics of a game they play week in week out. No fights either and not the passion you would expect. Not much of an atmosphere and lot of empty seats. Should rugby be scrapped?

Bogball XV

Quote from: Redhand Santa on November 13, 2010, 08:25:25 PM
Just watched the match. A poor game with little open play. Ireland scrapped to a win against a country with a population of less than 200lk and very poor in the basics of a game they play week in week out. No fights either and not the passion you would expect. Not much of an atmosphere and lot of empty seats. Should rugby be scrapped?
why do you keep on watching?

Jinxy

I already said YES!

Rossfan

. Should rugby be scrapped?

YES !!!!  ;D ;D ;D ;D
the quicker the better till we rid our fair isle of that abomination of a sport.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Redhand Santa

Quote from: Bogball XV on November 13, 2010, 08:40:52 PM
why do you keep on watching?

Not sure but probably watch less and less each year. There is the odd decent game. Why do people who clearly dislike the international rules keep watching? My point is poor games in other sports particularly rugby aren't subject to the same over the top reaction and negative scrutiny.