Derry v Mayo, Celtic Park - 13/3/2010

Started by Barney, March 08, 2010, 08:30:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tubberman

Quote from: rosnarun on March 16, 2010, 01:07:18 AM
Quote from: moysider on March 14, 2010, 11:45:44 PM

Looks like most teams are finding it difficult to find defenders to cope with the top forwards. Likes of Donaghy, Cooper, Meehan, Brogans, Bradleys seem to have the edge all the time. Caff is not the only fb struggling but he is going to struggle and some of us knew this would happen. Thing is he could be such a top quality hb.
never saw any evidence in a mayo jersey to support that . I have yet to see him play for mayo and look anything other than completley at sea. he seems incapable of either securely catching a ball or knocking it to saftey . he  nevr looks in control of the ball when soloing and forwards see to be able to round him at will.
I seriously doubt JOM will give him many more chances at least this year. only problem is that some much tiem had been invested in this Project there is not natural alternate  on the bench . Feeny is obviously not trusted either or would have got league time before now. how about promoting Shane Machale from the u21's, a long shot but we need to to have a replacement in for summer if not the league will have been a wasted opportunity however the rest of the results go

Overly harsh as usual Ros  ::)
But there is also truth in the point you make. Cafferkey hasn't looked comfortable at FB in any game I've seen him play. He can do a decent job against certain full-forward, on other day's (as with Eoin Bradley and Keaney when he came on) he'll be roasted.
We need to have an alternative that the management have faith in - I thought that's why Alan Feeney was in the squad, but I think he's only played FBD.
I haven't seen enough of Shane McHale (hopefully will see him again tomorrow) to be confident he could do a job in that position at senior, but it might be our best option.
"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."