Croke Park set to share the wealth

Started by Hereiam, February 18, 2010, 04:37:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hereiam

Just heard that they are to give each county board £250k to spend on new developments or upgrading existing ones. Would it be better for Croke park to handle this instead of leaving it to the county boards for the plain and simple fact that it is trusting the county boards to use this money wisely. What are your thoughts

mick999

All the details here :

http://www.rte.ie/sport/gaa/championship/2010/0218/gaa.html

http://www.gaa.ie/plugins/newsfeed.cgi?rm=content&plugin_data_id=28999

250k each county plus = 8 Million +  €26million has been set aside for major national capital projects.

AZOffaly

If they can't trust the county boards to identify the needs, and spend the money as they see the most value in their county, then the county boards are simply not working, and Croke Park should disband them. I think this is the correct way to go.

longrunsthefox

Is clubs in Tyrone in a lot of diffs... maybe now Co Board can return the payments and pledges of £1,000 a year to the Gervaghey project... 250,000 more than compensates that...

EC Unique

Quote from: longrunsthefox on February 18, 2010, 05:08:52 PM
Is clubs in Tyrone in a lot of diffs... maybe now Co Board can return the payments and pledges of £1,000 a year to the Gervaghey project... 250,000 more than compensates that...

Some chance ::)

longrunsthefox

Shamrock Shore

Great to see Longford get the same allocation as Dublin, Galway, Tyrone etc

*exits quickly, banging door*

T Fearon

Of course all those counties who opposed the opening of Croke Park to the" knackers" and "egg chasers" will act in accordance with their conscience and refuse this ill gotten wealth? Yeah and I'll be named in Armagh's Championship squad for the summer ::)

Farrandeelin

I wonder will the Mayo Co. board share the money with their clubs that are down for infrastructure bracket or keep it for the stand/floodlights problem.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.