Tyrone v Mayo - Healy park, valentines day

Started by tyroneman, February 07, 2010, 02:00:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ross4life

Quote from: ONeill on February 14, 2010, 04:44:36 PM
Winless Tyrone v Winless Kerry would be good craic.

yep that's strange indeed but come the Championship only Kerry or Tyrone for Sam again! same since 2002!
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

Radioulster

only watched the game on telly was the pitch as bad as it looked on the box

on the sideline

The no hand pass rule is a farce, slows the game down far too much, and refs giving frees against players for using closed fist (Packie Mc Connell 1st half), while at other times allowing blatant hand passes go.  Need to get rid of this stupid rule! >:(

tyroneman

White made a huge rod for his own back when he blew Tyorne up for not taking a free from the correct place. Of course thereafter....he let everyone take frees from wherever they wanted.

His refereeing today was possibly in the top 3 worst performances form a ref.

longrunsthefox

Quote from: ziggysego on February 14, 2010, 05:41:48 PM
The fox spat in my face at the game. Disguisting, especially when the world is on high alert over Swine Flu!

It wasn't a spit... I was trying to get a word in... on and on and on went the Ziggy, "Sean Teague was the best captain Tyrone had, why are there no Greencastle players on the team, I fancy Tyrone Girl, I fancy Leenie, I kind of fancy you Fox, did you know I'm a moderator?... nonstop... rabbit-rabbit... and I only wanted to watch a game of football...  :'(

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VLHKzs12OGw

Mac hinery

I like your thinking lads blame the referee.

Farrandeelin

Quote from: tyroneman on February 14, 2010, 05:47:35 PM
Jaysus I must have been at a different game today  :-\

I thought Mayo were there for the taking. Most of the Mayo points in the first half  came from Tyone mistakes (Hub = penalty, Packie = first 2 for example)

When we ran at speed at the Mayo defence we banged over 3 in a row and to be hoinest I thought we played much the better football.

Poor pass selection / execution at crucial times and basic mistakes killed us.

Colm Cavanagh was a curates egga again but thought Cassidy, Joey  and Red Sean aquittd themselves well

Was there for first half and I agree with what you say. Mayo's defence was terrible, for what I saw of it. Couldn't believe we led at half-time.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

EC Unique

Quote from: Redhand Santa on February 14, 2010, 06:12:43 PM
Quote from: EC Unique on February 14, 2010, 05:52:52 PM
Tyrone very poor and did not deserve to be within a point of Mayo. Forwards were very slow and give no options to anyone looking to make a long pass. Midfield non-existant in 2nd half. Joe struck out right in front of the ref and left him no option but red. Some very basic errors made today and fittness does not look good either.  Will be fine come May or June but a scrap to stay up now. I thought Colm Cavanagh was brutal (again)espicially in the 1st half. He would struggle to make the top 3 club teams in Tyrone in my opinion.

What the hell game were you watching? He took a lot of deserved stick last weekend but was one of Tyrone's best players today. Caught two marks, scored a great point and was involved in numerous scores. Having watched club football in Tyrone that last comment is just nonsense.

Maybe a bit sore on him but I just think there are much better players in Tyrone than him. He gets far too many chances IMHO and I think this is to keep big brother on side.

Chimley

Quote from: Farrandeelin on February 14, 2010, 08:08:03 PM

I thought Mayo were there for the taking. Most of the Mayo points in the first half  came from Tyone mistakes (Hub = penalty, Packie = first 2 for example)

When we ran at speed at the Mayo defence we banged over 3 in a row and to be hoinest I thought we played much the better football.

Colm Cavanagh was a curates egga again but thought Cassidy, Joey  and Red Sean aquittd themselves well

Was there for first half and I agree with what you say. Mayo's defence was terrible, for what I saw of it. Couldn't believe we led at half-time.

Were you ejected?   ???

Tyrone Dreamer

Three defeats in a row now for Tyrone, must be a while since that happened. Would have to agree that it was a much improved performance from Colm Cavanagh. Gives a few more options for the kickouts and generally put himself about well. Still makes the odd mistake but at least he was involved. 

Club Rossa

Colm Cavanagh had a good game today as did Dermot Carlin.Huge improvement from last week's horror show.

Farrandeelin

Quote from: Chimley on February 14, 2010, 08:29:43 PM
Quote from: Farrandeelin on February 14, 2010, 08:08:03 PM

Were you ejected?   ???

:D No, club commitments meant I had to leave early. They weren't supposed to be on till around 8 but got a text just at halt-time saying they were to start at 6.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

Final Whistle

Thought colm performed well out the field, in the thick of it suits him better, he should be content with his performance but not estatic. I thought he shoved a lot of comments down people's throats.

For EC to criticise like he does suggests a lack of memory on his part. Did EC partake in the hounding of Mark Harte? Is he one of the non-Glencull Errigal factions??? Or does he just have a short memory?

IMHO it is wrong to criticise any player on "your" side. I do not criticise club players and carry that attitude forward to the county scene. at the end of the day, they are performing on OUR behalf!!

longrunsthefox

Quote from: Club Rossa on February 14, 2010, 08:50:21 PM
Colm Cavanagh had a good game today as did Dermot Carlin.Huge improvement from last week's horror show.

Doesn't matter how well Dermot Carlin plays, championship time he'll be put on the bench.  Remember 2007, he was their best player in Ulster and his reward was dropped for Meath quarter final. Has happened a lot to him in the summer. .   

Zapatista

Quote from: Final Whistle on February 14, 2010, 09:06:34 PM
IMHO it is wrong to criticise any player on "your" side. I do not criticise club players and carry that attitude forward to the county scene. at the end of the day, they are performing on OUR behalf!!

There is nothing wrong with criticism. It' when it becomes insutling it's wrong.