Hotels in Ireland

Started by flantheman82, January 21, 2010, 09:53:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

An Watcher

Haha no chance.  Ye can spoil her without paying those prices

Tony Baloney

Quote from: laoislad on July 05, 2022, 09:02:46 AM
Spend money on her and take her to the Shelbourne ya tight bastard!
I'd say you'd take her to the Travelodge in Ballymun if you could get away with it 😂
Farmers daughter so no way she'd be wanting me to spend that much money  ;D.

Tell me more about this Travelodge in Ballymun...

general

Amber Springs A* for a family break - nothing worse than not being able to relax in a hotel with children. We had a break at Easter time with another family and it was great. Kids happy, adults well watered.

I've used www.pigsback.com for breaks away - some excellent deals

Rudi

Stayed in the Galgorm for one night with the Mrs, ended up having dinner in the hotel. Very good & enjoyable experience. Spa was fantastic. People very friendly ie staff & guests. Very expensive all the same, but probably much cheaper than the equalivant down south. Had my first few pints of Heverlee too, went down well.
Only real downside was a good few Insta's types pouting for photos all over the place. Mainly young wans.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Rudi on July 05, 2022, 09:31:36 AM
Stayed in the Galgorm for one night with the Mrs, ended up having dinner in the hotel. Very good & enjoyable experience. Spa was fantastic. People very friendly ie staff & guests. Very expensive all the same, but probably much cheaper than the equalivant down south. Had my first few pints of Heverlee too, went down well.
Only real downside was a good few Insta's types pouting for photos all over the place. Mainly young wans.

Stayed at it with work before covid, great spot but way too expensive, ours was a feee two night jolly but wouldn't entertain their prices.

That insta crowd are f**king melters
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Rudi

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on July 05, 2022, 09:36:50 AM

Stayed at it with work before covid, great spot but way too expensive, ours was a feee two night jolly but wouldn't entertain their prices.

We had 250 sterling worth of vouchers, otherwise no way. 2 night stay looking at the guts of 900 sterling. Met a couple of friendly farmers from the Loup & Slaughneil. One of them knew my brother well - small world.

Jeepers Creepers

Quote from: Rudi on July 05, 2022, 09:43:37 AM

We had 250 sterling worth of vouchers, otherwise no way. 2 night stay looking at the guts of 900 sterling. Met a couple of friendly farmers from the Loup & Slaughneil. One of them knew my brother well - small world.

We were lucky enough to go with vouchers that more or less covered the cost of 'one' night. I'll hold my hand up and say it really is some spot but couldn't justify ever going back without a voucher. We priced a weekend in Spain for the same price for one night in Galgorm. Disagree about the Heverlee. Thought that for a 5 star plus venue the selection of beer is awful. BYO.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Jeepers Creepers on July 05, 2022, 09:47:15 AM

We were lucky enough to go with vouchers that more or less covered the cost of 'one' night. I'll hold my hand up and say it really is some spot but couldn't justify ever going back without a voucher. We priced a weekend in Spain for the same price for one night in Galgorm. Disagree about the Heverlee. Thought that for a 5 star plus venue the selection of beer is awful. BYO.

Guinness was great...
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Rudi

Quote from: Jeepers Creepers on July 05, 2022, 09:47:15 AM

Would actually agree about the selection of beer, basically I had no option but to try Heverlee. Would also agree about the price of a foreign holiday V staying at Galgorm. The mrs was drinking Gin, wild price all together & she complained about the poor selection of tonic. The bar was fantastic for atmosphere, it was rocking. Great craic, with the singer trying to appeal to both religons, sweet caroline even got a spin. Got to say I have always hated that song, but great watching the left footers go mad to it. Celebrations started a week early. Some fine looking young wan on her own, chatting up 2 auld gougers, taking them for every penny (drinks wise) & leaving the eggits high & dry at the end of the night, priceless.

quit yo jibbajabba

So, these Loup & Slaughtneil farmers - were they there together, and without wemen? Just so as i can get an oul bitta scandal goin round South Derry 😉😉

Where did ye end up goin for yer steak night 😃

Rudi

Quote from: quit yo jibbajabba on July 05, 2022, 10:07:42 AM
So, these Loup & Slaughtneil farmers - were they there together, and without wemen? Just so as i can get an oul bitta scandal goin round South Derry 😉😉

We ended up in Gilleys in the hotel for steak night, it was very good, but for 145 sterling I would have done as good a job. Would even had the fried spuds with onions too.  ;D

Didn't make it to the Wild Duck, in fairness did ring up & cancel. Would have been too much running, wanted to relax & smell the roses. The south Derry ones were good craic & very respectable, their women were sound out too, hate to dissapoint you  ;D

laoislad

Quote from: general on July 05, 2022, 09:23:10 AM
Amber Springs A* for a family break - nothing worse than not being able to relax in a hotel with children. We had a break at Easter time with another family and it was great. Kids happy, adults well watered.

Great place. Been with the family a few times. Kids love it.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

trueblue1234

Quote from: laoislad on July 05, 2022, 11:26:53 AM
Quote from: general on July 05, 2022, 09:23:10 AM

Great place. Been with the family a few times. Kids love it.

Going now in couple weeks for few nights. Any advice for anything that needs to be pre booked or things to do in local area? (3 young un's 9, 5, 2)
Grammar: the difference between knowing your shit

quit yo jibbajabba

Quote from: Rudi on July 05, 2022, 10:39:46 AM
Quote from: quit yo jibbajabba on July 05, 2022, 10:07:42 AM

We ended up in Gilleys in the hotel for steak night, it was very good, but for 145 sterling I would have done as good a job. Would even had the fried spuds with onions too.  ;D

Didn't make it to the Wild Duck, in fairness did ring up & cancel. Would have been too much running, wanted to relax & smell the roses. The south Derry ones were good craic & very respectable, their women were sound out too, hate to dissapoint you  ;D

Too late. The stories out now. Ill try and retract  but cant promise anything 😃

Loughshore2022

I stayed at the grimey 'My place hotel/hostel' in North Dublin in 2019 for a concert. It was the worst hotel I stayed in, it cost over £100 a night, very bad for the price. I have been in hotels in England for less than that and they were much better. The wooden floorboards kept creeking and the hotel management treated me like a criminal when I forgot to bring my ID. They eventually let me in when I showed them by bank card. One of the receptionists kept staring at me but I suppose that is a normal experience when you are an ugly incel loner, we are treated as vermin by society.

If I ever attend a concert in Dublin again I will just stay overnight in the airport lounge like I did after the Liam Gallagher concert. I was able to get the bus back to Belfast at 5am or so.