All Ireland Scór na nÓg 2010

Started by Dougal Maguire, January 17, 2010, 03:04:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pintsofguinness

Quote from: Dougal Maguire on February 21, 2010, 04:23:44 PM
Mind you in the cold light of day The Downs must have a hollow feel about their 'success' in the Set Dancing
Oh yeah? why's that. 
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

Rossfan

Comhgáirdeas do foireann glic ó mBaile na Mín.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

pintsofguinness

Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

KIDDO 4

Results from Tyrone senior scor final tonight at killeeshil
Figure-Dancing Killyclogher
Solo singing Andrea Begley Pomeroy
Instrumental groupDromore
Recitation Augher
Ballad group Killyclogher
Novelty act Eglish
SetDancing Killyclogher
Quiz Trillick

Oldira

Any idea what sort of questions came up in the Quiz? Thinking of taking part this year.

jen83

Quote from: Dougal Maguire on February 21, 2010, 07:50:41 PM
Quote from: pintsofguinness on February 21, 2010, 04:25:34 PM
Mind you in the cold light of day The Downs must have a hollow feel about their 'success' in the Set Dancing
Oh yeah? why's that.

The MC announced The Downs as the winners, but he then realised that there had been a mistake and he then announced that Boherbue had won. By this point The Downs were on the stage being congratulated by Christie Cooney.  So the MC, after consulting with the adjuicators announced that there were joint winners.  It was the only way out of a difficult situation as some of The Downs team were in tears while others were getting very irate. Mind you, those who know about set dancing were of the opinion that The Downs, at best, might have came third and they did seem surprised when their name was announced.

I think what happened to the downs was a disgrance - Fair enough if a mistake was made it was made but in all honesty this is the All Ireland, Results etc should be watertight. The Downs have been knocking on the door for a very very long time. The kids had their medals taken off them and were sent home without medals as the officials did not have enough for cork and themselves. They kids still have no medals and there is no talk of them getting them.. Its not exactly fair I think
Whats another year .............

AZOffaly

QuoteSolo Singing:    Shane Lynam (Offaly)

Well done to young Lynam.

Billys Boots

Quote from: AZOffaly on February 22, 2010, 01:01:08 PM
QuoteSolo Singing:    Shane Lynam (Offaly)

Well done to young Lynam.

Anything to Ray?
My hands are stained with thistle milk ...

norabeag

norabeag

Quote from: jen83 on February 22, 2010, 12:55:56 PM
Oh yeah? why's that.

The MC announced The Downs as the winners, but he then realised that there had been a mistake and he then announced that Boherbue had won. By this point The Downs were on the stage being congratulated by Christie Cooney.  So the MC, after consulting with the adjuicators announced that there were joint winners.  It was the only way out of a difficult situation as some of The Downs team were in tears while others were getting very irate. Mind you, those who know about set dancing were of the opinion that The Downs, at best, might have came third and they did seem surprised when their name was announced.

I think what happened to the downs was a disgrance - Fair enough if a mistake was made it was made but in all honesty this is the All Ireland, Results etc should be watertight. The Downs have been knocking on the door for a very very long time. The kids had their medals taken off them and were sent home without medals as the officials did not have enough for cork and themselves. They kids still have no medals and there is no talk of them getting them.. Its not exactly fair I think
I'm not sure about Provincial and All Ireland judging but at county level some of the judging of these events is at best questionable and that is as diplomatic as I can put it

jen83

I'm not sure about Provincial and All Ireland judging but at county level some of the judging of these events is at best questionable and that is as diplomatic as I can put it

I completely agree with you - Having been on the end of a similar situation a few years ago I know their pain
Whats another year .............

cornafean

Quote from: norabeag on February 22, 2010, 02:05:41 PM
Quote from: jen83 on February 22, 2010, 12:55:56 PM
Oh yeah? why's that.

Unfortunately, these problems seem to crop up quite regularly at All Ireland level. For example a few years ago, at least one of the recitations in the All Ireland Scor Sinsir finals had marks docked for being "over time". Yet, when the DVD appeared  it was timed and found to be 40 seconds within the six minutes allowed. A letter was written to Croke Park and a reply was received, explaining that the adjudicator had left his watch into a jeweller to be checked and it was found to be "going too fast".  ::) (Of course no explanation as to why the same thing didn't happen to the winning recitation).

The guys who wrote Father Ted couldn't make it up.  :'(
Boycott Hadron. Support your local particle collider.

leenie

Quote from: KIDDO 4 on February 21, 2010, 09:42:19 PM
Results from Tyrone senior scor final tonight at killeeshil
Figure-Dancing Killyclogher
Solo singing Andrea Begley Pomeroy
Instrumental groupDromore
Recitation Augher
Ballad group Killyclogher
Novelty act Eglish
SetDancing Killyclogher
Quiz Trillick

The recitation was Fergal Mc Connell from augher with his own composition on being a fair-weather supporter...very funny
Fair play to eglish in the novelty act, well deserved winners with a great sketch, great props and great actors....(even tho they beat us)

it was great to see a diversity in the acts going through as it had been dominated for a while... a few feathers ruffled but sure we'll see how tyrone does from here on it....

semi final in Dun Uladh on 6th march...

Tir Eoghain abu!
I'm trying to decide on a really meaningful message..

leenie

i have to say eglish's novelty act was one of the best i have seen in a yrs... production of it was great!

ulster final is sat 27th March  in Threemilehouse, co monaghan.
I'm trying to decide on a really meaningful message..

GAAsupporter

I was at the Tyrone Final and it was a great night.

Eglish's novelty act was great. Though i was quite surprised with the Ballad group winners. I really did think Drumragh would win. Also Killyclogher used the same songs as last year, the year they got to the All Ireland Final. Anyone else think this??

I heard about the mistake in the All-Ireland Scor na nOg Final..... what happened?? Were boherbue the actual winners??  ??? I was in the All Ireland Final last year... in the Fermanagh Novelty Act. Anyone remember it??  ;D It was a great year!

No Ulster winners this year! Argh!  :'( I thought the Instrumental group and Novelty act would do well... also crosserlough set dancers. They were amazing in Ulster.  :) I was very shocked when i heard the results.  ???
Comment back.... lol.
Are ye well?