Keano apologists take note, he admits he was wrong in Saipan, FINALLY

Started by anglocelt39, December 13, 2009, 03:44:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

anglocelt39

Good to see him finally come clean  on a few things in his Sunday Times interview today. Really the bit that summarises the whole sad affair lies in two sentences........

What he said......................."A manager has a lot on his plate. I realise that now I am a manager."

What he meant..............................."Having spent the past number of years proving myself to be a decidedly below average manager I now admit I was totally wrong in my disgraceful treatment of Mick McCarthy in Saipan in 2002. I could stretch the apology to cover a few more incidents but lets take that for starters. I offer my unreserved apologies to Mr. McCarthy, my panel members at the time and the Irish Soccer public, particularly those who shelled good money to travel to the far end of the world to follow the event"

Nice to finally have closure on this one
Undefeated at the Polo Grounds

mountainboii

Doesn't really say his stance on Saipan was wrong, just that it was wrong to direct so much of his frustration toward McCarthy. I pretty sure he has stated this previously. This is a fairly unnecessary thread, especially when this one already exists.

magpie seanie

I see the facts of this article have been twisted to suit an anti Keane agenda. That never happened before!!!!!!

muppet

MWWSI 2017

The Real Laoislad

I see some can't accept facts as facts  ::)

Anyway for once I agree with muppet,no need for a thread on it
You'll Never Walk Alone.