Most unusual job you ever had

Started by irunthev, August 21, 2009, 11:04:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mountainboii

Catching seagulls and making them puke.

DennistheMenace

Heard Eastern Pride was a fluffer once upon a time.

Eastern_Pride

Quote from: DennistheMenace on August 21, 2009, 11:13:11 PM
Heard Eastern Pride was a fluffer once upon a time.
More the person on the other end... ;)
Do you think Usain Bolt could replace Thomas Walsh?

dillinger

Killing and plucking turkys at Christmas. Not nice, although i still eat them.

The Watcher Pat

Quote from: Tyrones own on August 21, 2009, 10:45:20 PM
Washed dishes in a Greek restaurant in New Jersey at the start of my illustrious career in the US :)

Do greeks not just smash the dishes when they are finished?

I used to make coleslaw one summer....Fcuk me i hated the good weather the orders went through the roof!
There is no I in team, but if you look close enough you can find ME

Eastern_Pride

Do you think Usain Bolt could replace Thomas Walsh?

Tyrones own

Quote from: The Watcher Pat on August 23, 2009, 08:37:41 AM
Quote from: Tyrones own on August 21, 2009, 10:45:20 PM
Washed dishes in a Greek restaurant in New Jersey at the start of my illustrious career in the US :)

Do greeks not just smash the dishes when they are finished?

I used to make coleslaw one summer....Fcuk me i hated the good weather the orders went through the roof!

Na..only in the movies Pat!
Where all think alike, no one thinks very much.
  - Walter Lippmann

stephenite

I was a dancer with the Spice Girls

Son_of_Sam

john mcgill

Three of us were given a bucket ONE hand shovel and put on the roof of Brinton's carpet factory in Kidderminister cleaning the drains.  The foreman who was afraid of heights would climb the ladder and say in a Black country accent "I can never catch youse working but you get the job done".  It helped that i was such a good summer.
Also worked in a cake factory in Brum putting 4 almonds on each iced cake!

mountainboii

gawa316

Didn't want to go home after uni so got a job in a Coat-hanger recyling factory outside Chester...jaysus what a job and some of the scobers I had to work with were think as f**k

nrico2006

I worked in Portstewart one summer looking after the bouncy castles and big inflatable slides and go-karts.  It was good craic.  A few summers before wasn't as fun, was in Dungannon Meats.  Knew the man in charge of the boning hall so lived in his house for the summer, but we ended up being late one Monday and it was no big deal I thought as it was his fault, but when we got in someone else was packing instead of me and my mate so we ended up in sorting the hydes for a day - never forget it.  My mate pulled the fly one, well he got hit by a side (skinned cow) that was zooming by him on a hook and he got to nave home.  I had to stay and a few times I got the end of a cow hyde in the mouth as they were everywhere, mist disgusting day of work ever.  Some jobs out there seem handy, I know a fella who works for the roads service and he gets good money but all he does is setup traffic counters or go around and count how many cars are in a car park every 30 minutes. 
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

tbrick18

I worked for two full summers in the turf...6 days a week...killer.
Then I went into business for myself and cut my own turf...did a bit of door to door turf sales around Ballyclare, Glengormley and the like...most of them didnt know what turf was until you told them it was cheaper than coal. You could get twice the price around there for a bag of turf than you could around home.
I've also cleaned out cattle-houses...power hosing. Talk about a messy job.
I worked for a number of years in a factory making DIY garden sheds....crap work but the craic was good.
Worked in a timber yard for a summer stacking various sizes of timber coming off a sawmill...sounds easy but it was the hardest job I ever did.

boojangles

Worked on a roof on a school in Boston one summer.There was a 1 in a million chance of debris falling down below into the Sports Hall which was deserted anyway. Health and Safety officer demanded that we get a Ground Guy to make sure nobody came into the Sports Hall while work was going on overhead. Got some quality reading time in that week. ;D