Saddest day following your county?

Started by Mayo4Sam, August 18, 2009, 09:32:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

longrunsthefox

Quote from: blewuporstuffed on August 21, 2009, 03:24:20 PM
Quote from: ziggysego on August 19, 2009, 03:44:07 PM
Sorry guys and gals.

In that case, has to be the 2002 Quarter-Final in Croke Park then against Sligo. Thankfully I wasn't at the game, but was watching it in a pub in London with a group of friends. I really though that this was Tyrone breakthrough year.
agree with that ziggy, from a football point of view sligo was the low point.
left dublin that day thinking we were never going to win an all ireland

On that note, Armagh winning their first Sam that year was difficult too. Not so much them winning, good luck to them, but had feeling I would never see Tyrone win it. Felt absolutely deflated. Now we can't stop winning the bloody thing  ;)

Eastern_Pride

Quote from: longrunsthefox on August 21, 2009, 04:15:12 PM
Quote from: blewuporstuffed on August 21, 2009, 03:24:20 PM
Quote from: ziggysego on August 19, 2009, 03:44:07 PM
Sorry guys and gals.

In that case, has to be the 2002 Quarter-Final in Croke Park then against Sligo. Thankfully I wasn't at the game, but was watching it in a pub in London with a group of friends. I really though that this was Tyrone breakthrough year.
agree with that ziggy, from a football point of view sligo was the low point.
left dublin that day thinking we were never going to win an all ireland

On that note, Armagh winning their first Sam that year was difficult too. Not so much them winning, good luck to them, but had feeling I would never see Tyrone win it. Felt absolutely deflated. Now we can't stop winning the bloody thing  ;)

Ye poor things... ;D ;D :D
Do you think Usain Bolt could replace Thomas Walsh?

sandwiches_in_the_boot

'95 still stings the heart and the hole... when Peter got blew up for picking that ball off the ground the whole of Tyrone got fcuked!  :o
"A cynic is a man who, when he smells flowers, looks around for a coffin."
H. L. Mencken