Kevin Walsh confirmed as Sligo manager for 2010

Started by paddypastit, July 28, 2009, 10:04:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

paddypastit

Kevin Walsh and his team of selectors team were confirmed for 2010 at Co Bd Exec meeting this evening.

No surprise but good for Sligo to have confirmation of the management for next season at this early stage, compared to either of the last two years.
come disagree with me on http://gushtystuppencehapenny.wordpress.com/ and spread the word

Cosmo Kramer

Walsh has done very well in his first season. Sligo should be aiming at promotion to Division 2 and a win over one of the big two in Connacht next year.

They might have a problem though in that he may be seen as a natural successor to Liam Sammon in a years time, especially if Sligo go well again next season and Galway are poor again.
A few Mayo GAA videos if anyone is interested - www.youtube.com/CosmoKramer100

paddypastit

Let's just get through next year first rather than worry about what might happen at the end of it!! Promotion to Div 2 is first priority... can worry about other things later.
come disagree with me on http://gushtystuppencehapenny.wordpress.com/ and spread the word

magpie seanie

Its good that this has been cleared up and is sorted already.

Owenmoresider

Good news that. The end of the season may have been disappointing, in that a great chance was left behind, but there's plenty of cause for optimism given the overall performance, and at least we are out of the quicksand that is Division 4. Tis only a year ago we lost to London after all.

SLIGONIAN

Was delighted to hear this last night, was worried that he might be poached already. But the speedy ratification alays any of my fears. As I said before i was wrong on my worries of his appointment and really I must commend the CB for taking the risk. It worked out no doubt, so far so good. In the Kerry game they got it nearly perfect except for 1 change and even thats debatable, and I cant remember the last time I can say that. Alot of our flaws ironed out and few more to go CHB....so I mean he knows whats there at and he has 3 great Sligomen behind who Ive no doubt are just a much an asset as Kevin himself. All we have to do now is not be complacent and not be like wexford who never got any momentum this yr after ryans first brilliant yr.

Anyways Id like to thank the players for the effort and sacrifice and great performances they put in. Id like to thank Kevin and his selectors for doing a damn good job and the CB for the appointment. I like to thank all those associated with Club Sligo and all the fundraising going to give Sligo a better chance. Also like to thank all the volunteers who are the heroes in my eyes of Sligo GAA.
I wish every club every succcess in the Club Championship.

Sligeach Abu.

"hard work will always beat talent if talent doesn't work"