All Ireland with Club or County?

Started by C_Berg_316, July 23, 2009, 02:11:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

C_Berg_316

Not sure if this topic has been posted before - did a quick search and couldn't find one.

So after having this discussion with a few club mates at training the other night just wondered what most posters opinion is:

would you rather win an Senior all-ireland with your club (lets assume your club are good enough for the purpose of the question)

or

would you rather win a Senior all-ireland with your county (again lets assume you are good enough to play intercounty and your county are good enough to win and all-ireland)

For me and any of the lads i chatted to it was all-ireland with the club hands down - although the publicity/crowds, etc for intercounty would be much greater i don't think anything would compare to winning a senior all-ireland with your club mates, and i know if we ever did the rip afterwards would be as the gaa ad states.....unrivalled  :D

This leads on to a slightly different question - does anyone think that it would be a good idea to have club allstar awards or to have club players considered for an all-star (i.e. lets say for example a team from galway won the all-ireland club and there centre half back has been unreal in ever game, galway as a county are knocked out of the championship early and during the whole championship there have been no stand out centre half backs - would it not be an option to consider someone who has had an outstanding year for their club??
thats the crack she said with one leg up above on the table

Final Whistle

Who needs an all-ireland?

To get my hands on the o'neill cup id trade everything i own, everyone i hold dear, everything i hold dear and the crown f**king jewels on top of the whole lot.

There is something about the Tyrone championship that makes it very special.

BallyhaiseMan

full back

Remember a thread similar to this ages ago

Club everytime, no question

Apple Crumble

County.

Don't / Didn't we all go to county games dreaming of one day pulling on the jersey and scoring the winning goal with an overhead kick or something in the last minute for our county in the all-ireland final.  I

Watching Kerry & Meath lift the trophy back in the days was just immense.

County for me.

fitzroyalty

Club 100%. We reached an AI final once but got beat in a f**king replay  >:(

bingobus

Would have to be club. (At least that way we get all the glory and not have to share it with that shower up/down/over etc the road  ;) )

Success is relative to the limitations of your club/county.

At the minutes I'd love a county title....on a barren run of 5 years without one  :'(

Rossfan

County as my clubeen do well to field teams every year. :-\
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Farrandeelin

Club. Got hammered in 97 by Crossmaglen, then Ballina and Crossmolina won it. :-\ :'(

A county title would be lovely this year though to end this awful decade without one so far.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

milltown row

Club everytime. we were there not too long ago and the buzz that it created was unreal.

as a county though we are too way off the mark in winning an All Ireland.

Orior

If you're a member of a division four team, then its obviously county.

If your county had waited over 100 years, and watched its neighbour bag five, then its obviously county.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

Trevor Hill

Quote from: Orior on July 23, 2009, 08:49:36 PM
If your county had waited over 100 years, and watched its neighbour bag five, then its obviously county.

With your other neighbour about to bag its fourth  ;)

The Real Laoislad

County but a Liam not a Sam would be my first choice...
You'll Never Walk Alone.

Schkite

For a Monaghan man, either would be nice, but I'd go for the club. Sure nevermind an AI, an Ulster would be unreal!