Clonoe County Champions and noone on Tyrone panel.

Started by Seany, June 26, 2009, 01:28:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Seany

Unbelievable statistic.  Typical of the single mindedness of Harte.  Won't get swayed into popular decisions.  Is there anyone good emough even?

omagh_gael

at least two made the mc kenna cup panel, Colm doris and Ryan T O'neill, but didn't make much of an impression and were cut before national league

corn02

It's actually a compliment to their team ethic, but, amazingly, Cross had only two starters against Tyrone (and Hearty wouldn;t be n many people's first 15).

Find that startling too for a team so far ahead.

fitzroyalty

Quote from: corn02 on June 26, 2009, 03:58:28 PM
It's actually a compliment to their team ethic, but, amazingly, Cross had only two starters against Tyrone (and Hearty wouldn;t be n many people's first 15).

Find that startling too for a team so far ahead.
Many would agree that Cross' best players are no longer involved with the county.

cameltohill

is this thread not about 8 months late?

sure clonoe are shite now after getting beat in the c'ship  :D :D

Our Nail Loney

He started it because Sidebottom pointed it out in his commentary on Sunday

Archie Mitchell

Clonoe were a team of average footballers, but Cassidy had them playing as a great team. No real individual stood out, and IMO not good enough when you look at the other players currently on the Tyrone squad.

sam03/05

id say the clonoe goalkeeper is in with a shout (alhough the other under21 keeper is just as good)
the rest are nowhere near county standard

LeoMc

I think Mickey has done alright with his panels so far. ;)

From what I remember he did not rush too many of the Dromore players in after they won the previous year but instead sat back and took stock before bringing in the likes of Shaun O'Neill this year. It may be he is wants to be sure he isn't looking for consistency of form rather than one season wonders. That is not meant to disrespect any of the Clonoe lads but perhaps a second season at the tops of their game would see them break through.

Fear ón Srath Bán

This thread is either simply out of place, or somewhat premature (I sincerely hope the former). Every club will have their own stories of hardship regarding the County set-up, and Clonoe can justifiably feel somewhat particularly aggrieved. But in the grand scheme, it's a grievance better unaired and unheard.
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

Tyrones own

Quote from: Over the Bar on June 26, 2009, 10:46:45 PM
If I was Mickey I wouldnt have a single lazy b@$tard from within hound's gowl of Coalisland or Dungannon about the team either.  Bone-idle, gambling, p*ssheads the lot of them living on govt hand-outs.

A tad Rough there lad ::)
Where all think alike, no one thinks very much.
  - Walter Lippmann

Rodman

over the bar - great analysis of the dungannon/coalisland area. I'm sure Mickey will take it on board. Out of curiousity, were you ever dumped by a dungannon girl.

SLIGONIAN

Quote from: Rodman on June 27, 2009, 04:34:46 AM
over the bar - great analysis of the dungannon/coalisland area. I'm sure Mickey will take it on board. Out of curiousity, were you ever dumped by a dungannon girl.

Not only that he caught her at it with one the players from that area, of course she was on top because there such a lazy shower of b@#tards.
"hard work will always beat talent if talent doesn't work"

under the bar

Clonoe's championship win will in time  be considered the greatest flash-in-the-pan since Derry's AI Win in 1993.