Mayo V Galway - Connacht Final Thread

Started by stephenite, June 24, 2009, 01:15:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

prewtna

pintsofguinness

Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

slievegullion

That link poor for anyone else? Yesterdays link for the Kerry game was great quality.

longball

Mayo 1-5 Galway 0-3

can anyone post the bench for both teams?
Spotted any unladylike behaviour report within:
http://gaaboard.com/board/index.php?topic=13209.0

FL/MAYO

Quote from: PatDaly on July 19, 2009, 04:42:00 PM
PM me for a great link but do NOT post it when I give it you

Just sent PM Pat...thx

tyroneboi

Some goal by Meehan. Goal in the last minute to draw it!

Bord na Mona man

About 10 steps taken by Meehan for that goal!  ;D

FL/MAYO

pintsofguinness

Some finish, you have to feel for galway though, deserved a draw imo
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

Jinxy

I was delighted Meehan scored the goal as it was poetic justice after Conor Mortimers pr*ck acting trying to run down the clock.
That said, the better team won and I think Mayo are much more equipped to challenge the big guns than Galway.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

FL/MAYO

Mayo nearly shot themselves in the foot with that possesion game. Mc Garrity was my MOTM he had some game for a man that broke his jaw 2 weeks ago.

mckieran

What was Bergin playing at? What a stupid foul.

I thought Mayo deserved it overall. But was very disappointed with their attitude for the last 20 minutes, Let me hear no more shit about Galway being cynical. The last 20 minutes was the most cynical display I have seen of any team in a while! Just pulling & dragging down Galway forwards around the 45. Interestingly, if this was during the league, How many of these fouls would have been avoided with the new rules?

For Galway, we didnt deserve a draw to be honest. In the forwards, Nicky was head & shoulders above everyone. Breathnach offered nothing (Really, How many times does he have to have a bad game?). Meehan & P.Joyce weren't brilliant but did contribute. Armstrong played too deep.

I would have thought throwing Bergin in full forward might have been an idea.

INDIANA

Mayo deserved it. Galway were shocking though. If you were O Mahoney though you'd be concerned how Galway even got within an asses roar of Mayo today.
Galway were dreadful- couldn't handpass the ball even properly. They actually did quite well at midfield but still turned in an inept performance.
Mayo played well but still not convinced they could win an All-ireland. Defence was very good and the like sof O Shea did very well . Couldn't give any praise to that knob jockey Conor Mortimer so I won't after his ludrcrious goal celebration. A complete asshole.

After watching Tyrone today - I think the other counties are wasting their time anyway.

mckieran

QuoteCouldn't give any praise to that knob jockey Conor Mortimer so I won't after his ludrcrious goal celebration

What did his T-Shirt say?

QuoteAfter watching Tyrone today - I think the other counties are wasting their time anyway.

Not so sure that Tyrone would have found it as easy against Mayo or Galway as they did against Antrim