Mayo V Galway - Connacht Final Thread

Started by stephenite, June 24, 2009, 01:15:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

An Fhairche Abu

Your exact seats in the stand are to be allocated when you got through the season ticket stile on Sunday, that's according to the email sent out by the season ticket crowd anyway.

Farrandeelin

I hope next year (if) I get my season ticket they will allow supporters in the terraces.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

Cosmo Kramer

Is there an option to buy the seat next to a season ticket seat this for this game?

I have a season ticket but have not received an e-mail this week, unless it was sent after I left work today.
A few Mayo GAA videos if anyone is interested - www.youtube.com/CosmoKramer100

An Fhairche Abu

Quote from: Cosmo Kramer on July 16, 2009, 08:17:24 PM
Is there an option to buy the seat next to a season ticket seat this for this game?

I have a season ticket but have not received an e-mail this week, unless it was sent after I left work today.

There was but the closing time for this extra ticket purchase was 1.59pm this afternoon I believe.
I got the email about this on tuesday evening.

GalwayBayBoy

Galway team to play Mayo

Adrian Faherty
Niall Coyne
Finian Hanley
Damien Burke
Gareth Bradshaw
Diarmuid Blake
Gary Sice
Paul Conroy
Niall Coleman
Joe Bergin
Padraig Joyce
Nicky Joyce
Sean Armstrong
Michael Meehan
Declan Meehan

Duine Eile

Quote from: GalwayBayBoy on July 16, 2009, 09:21:40 PM
Galway team to play Mayo

Adrian Faherty
Niall Coyne
Finian Hanley
Damien Burke
Gareth Bradshaw
Diarmuid Blake
Gary Sice
Paul Conroy
Niall Coleman
Joe Bergin
Padraig Joyce
Nicky Joyce
Sean Armstrong
Michael Meehan
Declan Meehan

WTF?! Deccie Meehan at corner forward?

GalwayBayBoy

Quote from: Duine Eile on July 16, 2009, 09:25:23 PM
Galway team to play Mayo

Adrian Faherty
Niall Coyne
Finian Hanley
Damien Burke
Gareth Bradshaw
Diarmuid Blake
Gary Sice
Paul Conroy
Niall Coleman
Joe Bergin
Padraig Joyce
Nicky Joyce
Sean Armstrong
Michael Meehan
Declan Meehan

Deccie has found his new calling as a nippy corner forward. ;D

Farrandeelin

Galway's half forward line is still very strong. Cullinane is not starting either so they should have more ball-players at midfield. Tough assessment for Mayo and my hopes, like Barney's are dwindling by the minute.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

GalwayBayBoy

Obviously I think Deccie is going to patrol midfield looking to pick up breaking ball so interesting to see what Mayo do with the extra man at the back. I suspect they will leave him where he is and go 3 on 2 at the back.

Wonder is Breathnach injured as this is the one thing he could probably do quite well?

Duine Eile

Well that's a complete bolt out of the blue, I suppose they'll be looking to bring him out around midfield to mop up the breaking ball. The rest of the team is as expected, we'll see big Barry coming on along with Bane at some stage I'm sure, hopefully Niall Coyne will have a better day at the office. Thankfully they resisted the temptation to start Barry. I can see Nicky and Sean swapping positions, Sean's been doing well at wing forward and Nicky usually does better in the corner.

GalwayBayBoy

Quote from: Duine Eile on July 16, 2009, 09:34:15 PM
Well that's a complete bolt out of the blue, I suppose they'll be looking to bring him out around midfield to mop up the breaking ball. The rest of the team is as expected, we'll see big Barry coming on along with Bane at some stage I'm sure, hopefully Niall Coyne will have a better day at the office. Thankfully they resisted the temptation to start Barry. I can see Nicky and Sean swapping positions, Sean's been doing well at wing forward and Nicky usually does better in the corner.

I think there will be a lot of position swapping amongst the forwards. I'm sure Cullinane will see some action too. In small doses anyway.

Duine Eile

It's a strong enough looking team on paper but its all down to how they play on the day, they were desperate against Sligo, another performance like that and it's curtains for us. Mayo's subs bench is a lot more formidable looking than ours. The only forward cover we have are Bane and Fiachra, Mattie Clancy I presume is still injured.

An Fhairche Abu

Quote from: Duine Eile on July 16, 2009, 09:25:23 PM
Galway team to play Mayo

Adrian Faherty
Niall Coyne
Finian Hanley
Damien Burke
Gareth Bradshaw
Diarmuid Blake
Gary Sice
Paul Conroy
Niall Coleman
Joe Bergin
Padraig Joyce
Nicky Joyce
Sean Armstrong
Michael Meehan
Declan Meehan

I'm glad I wasn't the only one who reacted that way to the lineup!

Cosmo Kramer

Quote from: An Fhairche Abu on July 16, 2009, 08:34:20 PM
Quote from: Cosmo Kramer on July 16, 2009, 08:17:24 PM

There was but the closing time for this extra ticket purchase was 1.59pm this afternoon I believe.
I got the email about this on tuesday evening.

Balls, I never got that e-mail.

Thanks anyway, I'll give them a call in the morning and see what the crack is.
A few Mayo GAA videos if anyone is interested - www.youtube.com/CosmoKramer100

The flame still burns

With the Galway team picked I've tried to predict the individual battles and who'll win them. Maigh Eo abu!

http://thereisalightthatnevergoesout.wordpress.com/2009/07/16/line-ups-point-to-a-tight-game/