Meath Vs Dublin, 7th June 2009

Started by thejuice, April 15, 2009, 10:23:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hound

By all accounts it seems the B team that took the field in the 2nd half were far more impressive than the A team that played the first! In particular old timers Shane and Jason playing well and I hear Ger Brennan was v poor again at 6.

m@yoman

I was at the challenge match on Friday night up in Naomh Mearnóg......Very bad performance by the Dubs so close to a championship match....I actually think there was 17 subs used...not great for a manager wanting to have a "settled" team....

The DuUbs look big, strong lads but jaysus their football skills were poor...Had a huge amount of wides..Ger Cafferky kept Brogan very quiet....Mayo were after stepping off a bus as well to play this match....not a bad performance by them!

I've lumped on Meath to win this one at 9/4....

Hound

Indeed, no consolation that despite a "very bad performance", using 17 subs, our poor football skills, a huge amount of wides and Brogan being kept very quiet, Mayo still couldnt beat us. Must have been a right nightmare of a bus journey.

Declan

thejuice

Just got my tickets there. 708 upper cusack.
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

mckieran

When I check on ticketmaster for the best available seats, they come back with lower davin stand  ???  ???

Is this because all the good tickets are at the clubs at the moment? If I wait, Would I be able to get a lower hogan or lower cusack ticket?

Jinxy

They never have decent stand tickets.
You should be able to get them through the club.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

mckieran

QuoteThey never have decent stand tickets.
You should be able to get them through the club.

Yeah, I getting stuck right up the back of the upper canal end now. I am a neutral so not in a club up here. Might give leinster council a call and see if I can something through there.

thejuice

I went for the "print yourself" ticket option on ticketmaster. Anyone else get in with these. I suppose all tickets are barcode scanned nowadays and shouldnt be a problem.
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

Jinxy

If you were any use you'd be playing.

INDIANA

according to the herald, vaughan, stephen o shaugnessy , derek murray, tiernan diamond were cut from the dublin squad.
Staggered by that personally.

Zulu

I wouldn't really see a role for any of the four myself, Shaughs maybe but he seems to have fallen well down the pecking order. Vaughan doesn't do anything from play IMO.

INDIANA

Still top scorer in the all-ireland club championship Zulu. If you had a 50 yard free to win the game I'd prefer to at least have him on the bench rathr than Hill16.
O Shaughnessy is still the best man marker in the county. PLaying super stuff at club level and never saw 1min at NFL this year. With our concession rate I find that extraordinary. I'm flumoxxed as to what he's supposed to have done to get cut entirely.

Croí na hÉireann

The radio had Vaughan as injured and am staggered by O'Shaughnessy's treatment since 05, only genuine corner back I've seen play for Dublin in the last 5 years...
Westmeath - Home of the Christy Ring Cup...

INDIANA

vaughan is carrying a bit of a back injury alright but I'm not sure they fancy him anyway-if you get my drift.