St. Molaise Gaels
Ballymote
Calry/St. Joseph's
Tourlestrane
St. Mary's
St. Farnan's
St. John's

Mano

Rang home to get the last few minutes to hear Tourlestrane get a draw 1-14 each. Sounded like an absolute cracker.
Wouldn't have begrudged Johns the win but they didn't close out the game

Mano

Commentary were complaining about a wide given as a pont. Big mistake to make that cost John's the win

Hornet Violet

Johns were 10 up at one stage 1-12 to 0-05. Unbelievable comeback and any team who comes back like that deserves a share of the spoils. Henry, Egan, Gaughan tore johns apart in last 20 mins and Marren showed bottle with the last few Frees. Cian Mcnamara, Rooney and Harrison excellent for Johns. MOM either Henry or Mcnamara. is it true Mike Mcnamara went on holidays...baffling to say the least
Referee i thought gave Tourlestrane nothing imo, mano is prob right to an extent in previous posts. Think ref tried too hard to punish o hara at times. Hope the replay is as good and really hope Johns will not rue today. which point are ye referring to. Was it mcnamaras that was wide but looked over??

magpie seanie

Heard that there was no controversy at the game over any point being wide. One of the lads that was at it said he thought it was wide but there was no hulabalooo about it. That Kevin Blessing is terrible hard to listen too. I know what I'd like to do with the white flag!!!! Liam Óg was very good though and really saved the day. Blessing the clown should be left on Leitrim commentaries.

Word was that ref gave John's everything in the first half especially.

criostlinn

i here McNamara was abroad at a wedding. the most baffling thing about it is he was due back at 9pm on friday evening. Surely something should have been done to get him back for the match. Any way he'll be back the next day but you'd have to wonder should he still be captain

shapes

That's true Seanie there was no real discussion at the game over the alleged wide point and my angle of view was in line with the commentators.
The refereeing was all one sided which was very obvious after a couragous comeback, once Marren kicked the leveler everyone in the stand from a Tourlestrane point of view acknowledged that there will be no injury time now he is going to blow it up which he did.
John's showed great form but a little inexperience as in when they were ahead at the start of the second half, there was plenty of fists pumping etc.
Hopefully the replay will be a good game as well.

SLIGONIAN

Great score 1-14 a piece, was there much of a crowd at it? Egans a huge boost to be back for tour, we missed him for the county aswell.

Should be a interesting replay.

We play the Roscommon champs in Connacht QTR so I hope our county final isnt a draw as these dates are coming thick and fast.

I listened to ocean fm for the other semi and they only had updates every 15mins, was this match full live coverage or what? Wonder is the county final on in full, itd be result for me if TG4 showed it like a few yrs back.
"hard work will always beat talent if talent doesn't work"

shapes

As far as a I know the whole thing was on Ocean so the final has to be on.
There was an ok crowd but Friday evening at 6 o'Clock would have impeded a lot of peoples travels plans, I'd expect more neutrals at this game should be a cracker.
This Saturday at 5 in Mark park.

Mano

Game gone to extra time in Mark Park. Tourlestrane getting another last gasp equaliser. Radio commentary is very biased towards Johns

magpie seanie

Quote from: Mano on September 26, 2009, 06:24:25 PM
Game gone to extra time in Mark Park. Tourlestrane getting another last gasp equaliser. Radio commentary is very biased towards Johns

Blessing is terrible. Liam Óg is not bad and at least lets you know what is going on. Sounds like Marty is doin Tour no harm though I've only heard the tail end of things. Looking good for Tour now.

Mano

Quote from: magpie seanie on September 26, 2009, 06:42:21 PM

Sounds like Marty is doin Tour no harm though I've only heard the tail end of things.

That would be a first. That McLynn is getting a lot of praise

Mano

Tourlestrane win by a point. Feel sorry for Johns-they must have been ahead for about much of the 2 games and end up losing.

SLIGONIAN

Tourlestrane 1-11 St Johns 1-9 AET, poor game from what I heard. Both teams played badly but was tight the whole way through. Tour got equaliser last kick of normal time after missing a few chances before.

Tourlestrane v Eastern Harps Final. Hope both teams find form and whoever wins goes into the QTR v Roscommon champs, with confidence. Best of luck.

SLIGONIAN

Congrats to Geevagh on being crowned Intermediate Champions. A last gasp goal won it for them by 1pt. It was hard luck on Buninaden from reports I got who showed great heart coming back from 4pts down in 2nd half to go 2 ahead.

Congrats to Curry Minors aswell.

magpie seanie

Experienced the crushing feeling of letting a possible championship medal slip through my grasp at the weekend when we lost the Junior A semi final by 2 points. We played reasonably well in the first half but failed to take our (many) chances including 3 one on ones with their keeper in the first half. Turned over a point down after playing with the breeze. Rallied late in the game to get it back to a point but a guy struggling with cramp knocked over an unbelievable score for them in the final minute and that was that.

An incredible catalogue of woe for the club this year. U-16's lost A2 final, minors lost qf, juniors lost sf, seniors lost sf, hurlers lost sf and ladies lost final. Maybe the U-20's can change our luck.