Pride of the Parish - New GAA Series

Started by REDCOL, April 10, 2009, 01:50:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RedandGreenSniper

The Errigal episode was enjoyable. I had heard plenty of the split but to see the pitch they had to play in, what with the river taking a chunk of space off the right-corner forward!- makes you realise just how isolated they must have been and how it must have torn the parish in two. Harte is very comfortable in front of the camera and some of the camera work was very good - him walking away from the pitch in Ballygawley as the programme told of him walking away to form Glencull was very good too.

Still not the best episode in my opinion - Inishturk was something special, best show I've seen in ages.
Mayo for Sam! Just don't ask me for a year

tyssam5

Downloaded those shows from irishtorrents. Very good.

No mention of Peter's starring role for Killyclogher hurling club.

Tony Baloney

Good show but a bit one dimensional showing so much of Mickey and Tyrone. Don't think you ever really got to the heart of the club.

Interesting story about the club splitting up - Mickey was sent off in a match but refused to accept his punishment. No further comment your honour ;)

orangeman

Quote from: Tony Baloney on May 10, 2009, 07:49:10 PM
Good show but a bit one dimensional showing so much of Mickey and Tyrone. Don't think you ever really got to the heart of the club.

Interesting story about the club splitting up - Mickey was sent off in a match but refused to accept his punishment. No further comment your honour ;)

Hold on a minute - that was way back in the day ................ wasn't it ?

carnaross

Rte media player always crashed on me too, causing much effing and blinding - strange looks from the boss to me with the headphones on!! Mickey is definitely very comfortable and eloquent in front of the camera, although I'd agree that the Inishturk episode was by far the best (and will, I suspect, remain at the top.
Anyone travelling to Leeds to work/study are welcome to join St. Benedicts Harps GAA in Leeds.

gerry

Quote from: carnaross on May 11, 2009, 06:20:23 PM
Rte media player always crashed on me too, causing much effing and blinding - strange looks from the boss to me with the headphones on!! Mickey is definitely very comfortable and eloquent in front of the camera, although I'd agree that the Inishturk episode was by far the best (and will, I suspect, remain at the top.

same happen me when i used firefox but works 100% on IE
God bless the hills of Dooish, be they heather-clad or lea,

Owenmoresider

Quote from: carnaross on May 11, 2009, 06:20:23 PM
They will probably all end up on Youtube - the earlier ones are anyway.

carnaross

Any thoughts on last night's offering?
Anyone travelling to Leeds to work/study are welcome to join St. Benedicts Harps GAA in Leeds.

Zulu

I thought last nights show was brilliant, I remember the Haven and Skibb finals and they were something special. Rarely if ever will any county, in either code, provide a county final like that one, it was just unbelievable. West Cork football is as tough and competitive as you'll get anywhere but Castlehaven have always been known as a special club in an area full of them. Nationally cork may be better known for its hurling teams but West Cork is as passionate about football as anywhere in the country and if clubs like Skibb, the Haven, Bantry etc. can get back to the top you could do worse than head down for a Cork county final.

Jinxy

Some crowds at those county finals Castlehaven were in.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

RedandGreenSniper

Can someone do the needful with the dynamic link? Thanks.
Mayo for Sam! Just don't ask me for a year