The Many Faces of US Politics...

Started by Tyrones own, March 20, 2009, 09:29:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

J70

Quote from: Gmac on August 12, 2021, 05:56:57 PM
Quote from: J70 on August 12, 2021, 05:55:07 PM
Quote from: Gmac on August 12, 2021, 05:46:24 PM
Quote from: omochain on August 12, 2021, 05:08:44 AM
https://www.newsy.com/stories/health-officials-deny-claims-of-migrants-causing-covid-surge/?jwsource=cl

GMAC look this over and then try to put a little more perspective into your posts about who's spreading CoVid.
I think you could go a long way to curing that Biden tick you have with a long walk on Windy Hill. I believe I have already suggested this therapy to you. I guess you may not have tried it.
I'm saying you can't be serious about covid and mandates with the current situation at the southern border . It should be closed and everyone told not to come here and to go home . Is that a right wing perspective?
If it is we are not in a healthy place.

Well that's a point you could debate and have a somewhat intelligent discussion about.

Wild, unsupported assertions about the border being a superspreader event and the cause of the current surge in Florida and the Mississippi valley is not.
did I say that ?

You said it was a superspreader event.

And that is what various GOP personnel, not least the governor of Florida, are using to try to distract from any potential failings on their own policy fronts as Covid surges in their states.

Gmac

Quote from: J70 on August 12, 2021, 06:14:17 PM
https://www.newsy.com/stories/health-officials-deny-claims-of-migrants-causing-covid-surge/?jwsource=cl

GMAC look this over and then try to put a little more perspective into your posts about who's spreading CoVid.
I think you could go a long way to curing that Biden tick you have with a long walk on Windy Hill. I believe I have already suggested this therapy to you. I guess you may not have tried it.
I'm saying you can't be serious about covid and mandates with the current situation at the southern border . It should be closed and everyone told not to come here and to go home . Is that a right wing perspective?

Well that's a point you could debate and have a somewhat intelligent discussion about.

Wild, unsupported assertions about the border being a superspreader event and the cause of the current surge in Florida and the Mississippi valley is not.
did I say that ?

And that is what various GOP personnel, not least the governor of Florida, are using to try to distract from any potential failings on their own policy fronts as Covid surges in their states.
here's the thing if Trump was still president Jim Acosta and aoc and a bunch of other Democrats would be at the border to condemn the conditions that people are being held there so you can attach all the CNBC and cnn stuff you want but they are pretty much an arm of the Democrat party and don't do negative stuff about this administration. Joe Biden asked for this s as nd now is reaping what he sowed

whitey

Ahh.....FFS. Now Joe is sending troops back to Afghanistan

What a cluster

Milltown Row2

Quote from: whitey on August 13, 2021, 01:34:34 AM

What a cluster

Back to war or seeing people home safely?

None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

J70

Quote from: Gmac on August 12, 2021, 06:45:59 PM
Quote from: J70 on August 12, 2021, 06:14:17 PM

did I say that ?

here's the thing if Trump was still president Jim Acosta and aoc and a bunch of other Democrats would be at the border to condemn the conditions that people are being held there so you can attach all the CNBC and cnn stuff you want but they are pretty much an arm of the Democrat party and don't do negative stuff about this administration. Joe Biden asked for this s as nd now is reaping what he sowed

I'm sorry... what??

Do you want to try again and make a coherent point out of that word salad?

First, I don't recall linking to any CNN stuff, at least in this particular discussion. And CNBC being an arm of the Democratic Party?? CNBC, the news channel dedicated to Wall Street and financial markets? Seriously?

And BTW, when I personally get a chance to watch evening news, we usually stick on the NBC Lester Holt show at 6:30pm ET. They've been covering the border problems, particularly the overcrowded facilities, extensively.

Which AOC has slammed BTW, which you'd see if you bothered to even check.

J70

What a cluster

Well, on the bright side at least Saddam is gone, I guess.

Have the US anything else to show for twenty years, billions of dollars, and hundreds of thousands dead in the Middle East?

Gmac

What a cluster
joe is gone home to rest for the weekend, he's not in charge this presidency is unraveling in front of our eyes and god knows where we will be in 4 years .

RedHand88

At least Biden didn't say mean things on twitter.

screenexile

Quote from: RedHand88 on August 16, 2021, 02:24:18 PM

Was it not Trump who instigated this withdrawal in the first place??

You are right though the Biden administration have totally screwed this situation it's hard to see any good outcomes from here. Those pictures of people trying to cling on to a plane about to take off were harrowing!

Cobra

Trump was right and Biden was right. The fact people are so far down the Dems and Republican rabbit holes is scary. Why should the US continue to fight this war? Send good men and women to early graves? Blow billions on a corrupt state? Afghanistan is a mess. No military or money changes that. Contain, cut off and move on.

RedHand88

J70

Quote from: RedHand88 on August 16, 2021, 02:24:18 PM

If only that was the sole objectionable thing about Trump.

J70

Quote from: Cobra on August 16, 2021, 02:52:03 PM
Trump was right and Biden was right. The fact people are so far down the Dems and Republican rabbit holes is scary. Why should the US continue to fight this war? Send good men and women to early graves? Blow billions on a corrupt state? Afghanistan is a mess. No military or money changes that. Contain, cut off and move on.

Contain, cut off, move on, and right back we go to square one, as if they'd never gone in there in the first place.

Its a massive stain on the US, across the board, and especially so for Biden, even if Trump did leave him holding a bag of shit.

I understand what you're saying, but the US owes those people, even if only basic security.

whitey

Quote from: J70 on August 16, 2021, 03:50:18 PM
Quote from: Cobra on August 16, 2021, 02:52:03 PM

Contain, cut off, move on, and right back we go to square one, as if they'd never gone in there in the first place.

Its a massive stain on the US, across the board, and especially so for Biden, even if Trump did leave him holding a bag of shit.

I was in the company of 2 (reluctant) Biden voters yesterday and they are blaming him 100%

screenexile

He needs to get in front of a camera today and explain what the plan is!!