The Many Faces of US Politics...

Started by Tyrones own, March 20, 2009, 09:29:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eamonnca1

Captain Obvious

A not so bold prediction. Trump to be awful in this upcoming debate yet his followers will say he was great.

screenexile

It's 2 old dudes shouting at each other nobody is winning this shitshow which means Biden is!!!

omochain

Just watching the debate. I was trying to figure out how to figure out when Trump was lying and my smart wife told me...that's simple. Every time his lips are moving he's lying.

Captain Obvious

Trump keeps interrupting. Biden with the best line.  You wouldn't know a suburb unless you took a wrong turn.

omochain

Quote from: screenexile on September 30, 2020, 03:02:29 AM
It's 2 old dudes shouting at each other nobody is winning this shitshow which means Biden is!!!

Think one old man was doing most of the shouting.... As always, false equivalence even from a benevolent viewpoint does not help democracy.

sid waddell

Trump literally told white supremacists to "stand by"

"Stand by" means stand ready to attack

Trump has been every bit as execrable as I expected

You'd literally get more sense out of a four year old child

Evil in action

omochain

Quote from: sid waddell on September 30, 2020, 03:34:33 AM

Evil in action

Perhaps in the words of Barney Frank... you might substitute "the leg of a table or chair" for the child.

sid waddell

Quote from: omochain on September 30, 2020, 03:52:18 AM
Quote from: sid waddell on September 30, 2020, 03:34:33 AM

Evil in action

Perhaps in the words of Barney Frank... you might substitute "the leg of a table or chair" for the child.
The proverbial inanimate carbon rod looks like FDR and Lincoln put together compared to Trump

omochain

Democracy is on a knife edge. Unhinged Trump.. Media trying to be fair and it ain't working.

RedHand88

Biden refusing to condemn Antifa.
Trump refusing to condemn proud boys.

How did America get to this point?

J70

I didn't watch. Just couldn't put myself through that orange lowlife's sordid freakshow. Sounds like it was a wise decision.

MoChara

Quote from: RedHand88 on September 30, 2020, 07:54:52 AM
Biden refusing to condemn Antifa.
Trump refusing to condemn proud boys.

How did America get to this point?

I don't think AntiFa have any love for Biden, but proud boys etc do love their trump.

Hound

Biden started very slowly, Trump started reasonably well, got in a couple of witty digs. But then couldn't stop himself being a complete ignorant buffoon for the rest of the debate. Appealing to the base of his base I guess. Trump is good at deflecting questions so he only talks about and around the sound bytes he wants to talk about. Very little depth. 

Biden is clearly superior about discussing policy, albeit when he starts talking about specific numbers, he often had to correct himself. But after the slow start he performed reasonably competently. He did lose the rag twice 'shut up' and 'clown', which was twice too many, but a lot better than many people would have done in the face of the constant interruptions and barbs, and better than being Sleepy Joe.