The Many Faces of US Politics...

Started by Tyrones own, March 20, 2009, 09:29:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

J70

Quote from: Gabriel_Hurl on December 15, 2021, 02:42:48 PM
Did everyone at Fox get Mark Meadows phone number?

Given that the WH and FN was pretty much a seamlessly integrated organization, probably anyone who wanted it.

whitey

Quote from: J70 on December 15, 2021, 02:58:12 PM
Quote from: whitey on December 15, 2021, 12:35:43 PM
I thought Joe would do a lot better than he has

I don't blame him for Afghanistan, but his handling of the reopening of the economy and the border crisi has been pathetic to say the least

WTF was Mayor Pete doing taking 4 months off and him in charge of the ports and transportation?

And as for Kamala-enough said. She's actually worse than I thought she's be, and Inset her a pretty low bar

How bad IS the economy though?

Inflation is high due to the worldwide supply chain problems, yet employment is edging down towards full. Real estate is booming.

What would you have had Biden do differently in retrospect that would have made a difference?

I never said the economy was bad and I'm not solely blaming him for inflation

He should have taken very bold steps to assist the re opening,(especially with the ports) yet was reacting to crises rather than averting them

Shutting down the XL pipeline was a boneheaded move. Gas is now $3.55 a gallon in Boston....full blown own goal

While we're near full employment, labor force participation is still way off where it needs to be.

Kamala in in charge of the Border but I can't think of one thing she's done-she hasn't even gone down there AFIK

And now, he's focusing on Build Back Better-which will make inflation way worse.

screenexile

So 0.79c a litre for gas in America is expensive??

The cheapest I've seen it here this past week is £1.39 more than double the price... you lads don't know you're living!!!!

whitey

Quote from: screenexile on December 15, 2021, 03:42:32 PM
So 0.79c a litre for gas in America is expensive??

The cheapest I've seen it here this past week is £1.39 more than double the price... you lads don't know you're living!!!!

LOL

All I know is that it costs me $53 to fill up

15 gallons X $3.55

But I do have a hybrid so it's not too bad

J70

Yes, Americans have no idea how cheap it is here, even now.

And Biden was correct to shut down the XL pipeline. He campaigned on it, and tar sands are about as far from an environmentally friendly source of fuel as you can get. Besides, how can cancelling an under-construction pipeline affect gasoline prices in such a short space of time?

On whitey's point about the ports, he might be correct, but if he is, Biden is hardly alone across the globe in not foreseeing the problems which could occur as Covid caused a tsunami in consumer spending on goods.

Gmac

Quote from: J70 on December 15, 2021, 04:03:46 PM

And Biden was correct to shut down the XL pipeline. He campaigned on it, and tar sands are about as far from an environmentally friendly source of fuel as you can get. Besides, how can cancelling an under-construction pipeline affect gasoline prices in such a short space of time?

On whitey's point about the ports, he might be correct, but if he is, Biden is hardly alone across the globe in not foreseeing the problems which could occur as Covid caused a tsunami in consumer spending on goods.
in California you don't even have to pay for goods just walk in take what you need and leave thank you very much . It's a Democrat utopia.

J70

Quote from: Gmac on December 15, 2021, 04:12:35 PM

in California you don't even have to pay for goods just walk in take what you need and leave thank you very much . It's a Democrat utopia.

For those who don't get Gmac's typically vague references, he's on about organized gangs of young people invading high end shops in California and robbing jewelry and electronics and so on.

Supposedly those of us who are Democrats are all for this type of criminality.

Gabriel_Hurl

are they still giving away heroin(e) to the homeless in San Francisco hotels?

Gmac

Quote from: J70 on December 15, 2021, 04:31:46 PM

For those who don't get Gmac's typically vague references, he's on about organized gangs of young people invading high end shops in California and robbing jewelry and electronics and so on.

cvs and Walgreens are hardly high end stores but they are being robbed and are closing all over the place, $950 or under have at it scumbags.

J70

Quote from: Gmac on December 15, 2021, 04:55:28 PM

cvs and Walgreens are hardly high end stores but they are being robbed and are closing all over the place, $950 or under have at it scumbags.

https://apnews.com/article/fact-checking-160551360299

Gmac

Quote from: J70 on December 15, 2021, 05:25:31 PM
Quote from: Gmac on December 15, 2021, 04:55:28 PM

https://apnews.com/article/fact-checking-160551360299
I saw assistant to George gascon and stopped reading did nobody ask the lying sf da boudin his opinion, the reality is what it is it's mostly black criminals taking advantage of the current climate in the country who know they won't be prosecuted and that's the truth , deal with it

Gabriel_Hurl

whitey

Did anyone see the video of the guy in the Walgreens looting the store-and then cycled out the door on his bike with 2 big bags on the handlebars

Like the old timers used to do in Ireland decades ago when they cycled to town for the messages on the high Nelly

J70

Quote from: whitey on December 15, 2021, 05:44:14 PM
Did anyone see the video of the guy in the Walgreens looting the store-and then cycled out the door on his bike with 2 big bags on the handlebars

Like the old timers used to do in Ireland decades ago when they cycled to town for the messages on the high Nelly

High Nelly.

I've often wondered what those bikes were called.

Thanks!