St Patricks Celebrations in Croke Park

Started by Bud Wiser, March 17, 2009, 04:13:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

T Fearon

Bud, losers mementos are not a good idea. Remember big Joe cracked the walls of the dressing room with his 1977 runners up plaque at half time in the 2002 Final. they can be easily flung at inanimate or indeed animate objects ;D

Bud Wiser

See where it got Big Joe when he flung it at the wall?   People will say forever that if Big Joe Kernan had not fliung his loosers medal at the wall Armagh would still have the same amount of All-Irelands as Laois.

I'm still not buying into the cows and cement mixers for the next pageant on All-Ireland day or whenever, maybe a couple of skinheads out of Limerick or the Joy dressed as Black & Tans shooting spud guns into the crowd to remind us what the GAA came through, well at least not the cow, all we had was one pig in the kitchen, cows were for Cork even back then.

" Laois ? You can't drink pints of Guinness and talk sh*te in a pub, and play football the next day"

tonesfirstandlast

I thought it was brilliant. Never laughed as much in a long time. That cow had some set of tits! ;D ;D

StGallsGAA

I've never witnessed as much begrudgery to St Paddys Day celebrations.   What do you all expect?  A re-enactment of the tan wars? 

This is 2009 and art & visial expression has moved on a bit.  You need to get into the performing arts a bit more.

Hereiam

Thought myself it was alright, the washing machines representing the mothers or wives who wash the club kits week in week out, the digger & cement mixer illustrating the foundations of the gaa or the way it has built itself up over the 125 yrs. I think alot of thought went into it so give them a break.

joemamas

In hindsight, all that was missing was Marty Morrisey, Imagine if it was him inside the washing machine, and he popped out right at the end.

highorlow

Were the washing machines to signify the Mother's washing the jersey's etc after match's or were they something to do with the Kerry team of the 70's?

They get momentum, they go mad, here they go

Oraisteach

I have this horrible haunting feeling that Tony won a Liatriom Fontenoys quiz competition, first prize for which was to be hauled around Croke Park inside of one of those yokes, but I can't figure which one.

One feature of the pageant that I did like, recalling the old GAA, was the wonderful plainness of the football jerseys.  No cluttering with gaudy logos, scripts, emblems and slick modern designs--just the simple look--now that was class.

lfdown2

Leo

Next time why not leave it to the Holyland students most of whom would be at home in this madcap pageant (except the use of the washing machine would be a bit foreign to them) and sure by their apparel they represent at least most of the Ulster counties as they seem to tog out for their regular street parties in honour of the local residents for whom they have soooo much respect.
Fierce tame altogether

CompulsoryTillager

Quote from: highorlow on March 18, 2009, 02:17:41 PM
Were the washing machines to signify the Mother's washing the jersey's etc after match's or were they something to do with the Kerry team of the 70's?

That's what I came in to say, Bendix wasn't it?

thejuice

It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016