14 Mar 2009 Fermanagh v Armagh

Started by anportmorforjfc, March 09, 2009, 10:28:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

anportmorforjfc

Another Hard game, need to win this one or we will be struggling to stay in Division 2.

Onion Bag

Will this one be in Enniskillen? what about JP and Peadar? when are they available
Hats, Flags and Head Bands!

corn02

Quote from: Onion Bag on March 09, 2009, 10:57:43 AM
Will this one be in Enniskillen? what about JP and Peadar? when are they available

One month? Should be available I think.

Team we would like to see?

Orior

At present I think we'd even struggle in Division 3, but then I'm a pessimistic bar steward.

And I hate the "dont have XMG players" excuse
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

T Fearon

Far too harsh. Armagh could and should have got at least a draw yesterday, and are sitting on two points with four other teams and Wexford are bottom with one. I expect us to beat Meath at home, and one more win then will keep us safe. Yesterday was 100% improvement on Laois game a few weeks ago

FermGael

the game is fixed for Brewster park in enniskillen.
I think it's a Satyrday game under lights but i am not sure............

We still have no forwards
Wanted.  Forwards to take frees.
Not fussy.  Any sort of ability will be considered

FermPundit

Quote from: Onion Bag on March 09, 2009, 10:57:43 AM

Yep, this Saturday at 7:30pm in Brewster Park.

From a Fermanagh perspective, this is a crucial match. We really need to win to avoid a relegation scrap. The first half performance down in Cork yesterday was decent but the second half was a little disappointing. Both Armagh and Fermanagh have struggled for form during this league campaign so it should be a very even game. With home advantage hopeful we can get the 2 points. We have already lost at home to Monaghan so it's imperative that we win our next two home games against Armagh and Kildare.
We'll win Ulster some day, not sure when.

corn02

Can;t see us being relegated to be honest, should do enough as usual. That said,at the start of the year I said promotion was a neccesit, so unhappy days.

Team I would like:

McEvoy (will start - rotation)
Mallon Martin Moriarty
Duffy O'Rourke Shannon

Vernon Mackin

Henderson Mallon Toal
Barnsey McDonnel MOR jnr

I am wary of Marty O Rourke and Clarke, Would I be right in saying they are the only two that have played every game this year? I would not start with them.

Maguire01

Quote from: T Fearon on March 09, 2009, 11:51:15 AM
Far too harsh. Armagh could and should have got at least a draw yesterday
Only for Monaghan's shooting in front of the posts yesterday, Armagh would have been beaten by more than 2 points though. I'm not sure what the count was, but i'd guess Monaghan had double the wides that Armagh had.

Real1995

To throw in my worth I prob go for;

McEvoy

Mallon         O'Rourke        Moriarty
McCelland    McKeever       Shannon

Vernon       Mackin

Mallon           Clarke             Toal
Barnsey        McDonnell        Henderson

Hopefully Shannon and Barnsey can build on their impressive displays against Monaghan ....

How far is McGrane / Toner / Donaghy away from a return?

Nice guys always finish second!

bennydorano

Quote from: Maguire01 on March 09, 2009, 01:21:43 PM
Quote from: T Fearon on March 09, 2009, 11:51:15 AM
Far too harsh. Armagh could and should have got at least a draw yesterday
Only for Monaghan's shooting in front of the posts yesterday, Armagh would have been beaten by more than 2 points though. I'm not sure what the count was, but i'd guess Monaghan had double the wides that Armagh had.
No matter what Monaghan's wide count was, (a considerably weakened) Armagh looked very comfortable with about 10/15 to go leading by 3 points and then the wheels came of with McKeever and Moriarity getting yellows.

Schkite

I remember someone telling me(heard from the radio) the wide count for Monaghan was 13, 8 in the second half. The goal was obviously crucial and McKeever's yellow a big blow, but after that we should have closed the game out earlier only for those bad wides.

The GAA

Thats 2 yellows in successive games for mckeever now i think? he is suspended now i think?

McEvoy
Mallon    Moriarty     Shannon
Duffy     O'Rouke    an other
       Toner/o'neill      Vernon
O'Rourke  McDonnel  another
Barnesy    Clarke Henderson

corn02

Quote from: Real1995 on March 09, 2009, 01:44:46 PM
To throw in my worth I prob go for;

McEvoy

Mallon         O'Rourke        Moriarty
McCelland    McKeever       Shannon

Vernon       Mackin

Mallon           Clarke             Toal
Barnsey        McDonnell        Henderson

Hopefully Shannon and Barnsey can build on their impressive displays against Monaghan ....

How far is McGrane / Toner / Donaghy away from a return?

Nice line-up Real, swap McClelland and McKeever (if not suspended) and I wouldn;t mind seeing that.

Rma13

I can't believe anyone would seriously think that Malachy Mackin would be any addition in midfield, he's had so many chances to prove himself & has never been able to do so!  The best game I saw him play in midfield he was against Armagh in a UUJ jersey, he has not progressed since.  I'd stick with Lavery & Vernon, Lavery is still making his way back from being out injured for a year, he deserves more time & Charlie continues to work hard but needs someone running off the shoulder to lay the ball off to.