John Mc Entee returning to the County Fold?

Started by T Fearon, March 05, 2009, 09:01:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Onion Bag

100% Correct Berf, Hes strong, and can take a score, something we have been lacking in, bar Stevie and Clarkie
Hats, Flags and Head Bands!

rrhf

Maybe Im  generalising here about Armagh players but from memory Mc Entee never really delivered against Tyrone in his prime so I just hope his decision is well thought out for the lad himself, an awful lot more to lose than to gain - the lure of yet another Ulster championship medal must have been too much to refuse, from a fans point of view it certainly adds another great dimension to Tyrone V Armagh in Omagh.   

Aside( Great legends who just went on too long: the puffing panting Seamus Moynihan replaced in AIF 2005 after chasing shadows for 45 mins ; the sad sight of a disorientated Paidi O Se being attacked by one of his own supporter in 03 as chaos hits the annual kingdom AI run in.  Anthony Tohill fights and screams but cant stop those young wee'uns in 03. )

bennydorano

I believe John scored a goal v Tyrone in Clones in 2002.  Wasn't a bad year from memory.

mackers

You're right benny, scored 1-2 from play that day as far as I remember, goal was a screamer.
Keep your pecker hard and your powder dry and the world will turn.

The GAA

Quote from: mackers on March 05, 2009, 11:11:43 AM
Is that just an opinion or do you know something?
I would be surprised myself. That said, it would cure our main problem of securing ball in the middle of the park,since John in particular has retired we have struggled to get the ball in the midfield whether it be through breaking ball (MOR excepted) or through clean catching.

No - just opinion. i don't think he should have went when he did he can probably still do a job for armagh from the bench.
You want the best players in the county on the squad irrespective of age. bumpy o'hagan should have played for armagh for another years

rrhf

Point taken, what age is he now? has had a lot of winter miles on the clock for obvious reasons, but Id rather see a few of the old ones back rather than these young guys ye dont know the names of.  Tyrone Armagh rivalry is the greatest fooball rivalry we have with any county in Ulster and unfortunately the two teams didnt get to meet as much as they should have outside 02/03/05.     

corn02

Quote from: bennydorano on March 05, 2009, 12:16:02 PM
I believe John scored a goal v Tyrone in Clones in 2002.  Wasn't a bad year from memory.

The daisy-cutter!

T Fearon

Remember that one well. Just on the stroke of half time at the beginning of the odyssey that ended with Sam. It also inspired the opening lyrics of the famous song "We beat Tyrone in Clones town, we walked Fermanagh into the ground". Hard to believe it was 7 years ago.Memories ;D

TacadoirArdMhacha

He'd be our best option at centre half forward in what is arguably our weakest sector. We've lacked natural half forwards for the past year or two, often playing midfielders in the half forward line. Not to say he'd transform the team and mobility may be a factor but certainly his return would strengthen the squad so it'd be great to see him back.
As I dream about movies they won't make of me when I'm dead

Puckoon

Ive always been a fan of the McEntee brothers - they always struck me as ultimate professionals.

Long range point taking masterclasses for a few years.

5 Sams

Quote from: Puckoon on March 05, 2009, 05:33:37 PM
Ive always been a fan of the McEntee brothers - they always struck me as ultimate professionals.

Long range point taking masterclasses for a few years.

Met John once...pure gent .....the acceptable face of Armagh football.
The Aristocrat Years

mountainboii

I'll believe it when I see it. One thing is for sure though, this (half) story hasn't come out at a particularly good time. Two weeks before an AI club final, I'm sure John McEntee's mind couldn't be further away from county football. He won't thank McDonnell for making him a focus of supporter and media speculation before such an important match  :-\

Mike Sheehy

QuoteAside( Great legends who just went on too long: the puffing panting Seamus Moynihan replaced in AIF 2005 after chasing shadows for 45 mins ; the sad sight of a disorientated Paidi O Se being attacked by one of his own supporter in 03 as chaos hits the annual kingdom AI run in.  Anthony Tohill fights and screams but cant stop those young wee'uns in 03. )

hmm..,you know, I just couldnt think of a Tyrone "great" in order to respond to your blathering. Who was that fat lad that kicked a few points back in the eighties ? McSwigan or something...was he one of your "greats" ?

réalt ard mhaca

Quote from: rrhf on March 05, 2009, 12:09:57 PM
Maybe Im  generalising here about Armagh players but from memory Mc Entee never really delivered against Tyrone in his prime so I just hope his decision is well thought out for the lad himself, an awful lot more to lose than to gain - the lure of yet another Ulster championship medal must have been too much to refuse, from a fans point of view it certainly adds another great dimension to Tyrone V Armagh in Omagh.   

Aside( Great legends who just went on too long: the puffing panting Seamus Moynihan replaced in AIF 2005 after chasing shadows for 45 mins ; the sad sight of a disorientated Paidi O Se being attacked by one of his own supporter in 03 as chaos hits the annual kingdom AI run in.  Anthony Tohill fights and screams but cant stop those young wee'uns in 03. )

although mac entee has been as good as anyone within the club scene. He'll get a score or two as well which would do no harm as getting scores outside of the full forward line have not been easy for armagh over the last couple of years.

Armamike

Quote from: Mike Sheehy on March 05, 2009, 11:45:47 PM
QuoteAside( Great legends who just went on too long: the puffing panting Seamus Moynihan replaced in AIF 2005 after chasing shadows for 45 mins ; the sad sight of a disorientated Paidi O Se being attacked by one of his own supporter in 03 as chaos hits the annual kingdom AI run in.  Anthony Tohill fights and screams but cant stop those young wee'uns in 03. )

hmm..,you know, I just couldnt think of a Tyrone "great" in order to respond to your blathering. Who was that fat lad that kicked a few points back in the eighties ? McSwigan or something...was he one of your "greats" ?

You should get a rise from the tyronnies with that one.
That's just, like your opinion man.