Gmail down

Started by RedandGreenSniper, February 24, 2009, 11:59:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RedandGreenSniper

Had problems all morning accessing my Gmail and it turns out I'm not the only one

Just heard on the radio its affecting every Gmail web user in Europe, the States and Oz. People can still access it from their mobile phones though.
Mayo for Sam! Just don't ask me for a year

Tonto

There was me thinking I was the only one.

This seems to happen quite regularly which is a pain in the arse.

thebandit

Tonto

Quote from: thebandit on February 24, 2009, 12:26:17 PM
Its back

QuoteTemporary Error (500) 

We're sorry, but your Google Mail account is temporarily unavailable. We apologise for the inconvenience and suggest trying again in a few minutes.

If the issue persists, please visit the Google Mail Help Centre ยป
???

Lothos

Looks like there'll be no work done today.  I've a load of stuff on it that i need access to to do some work.  ;D

anportmorforjfc

gerry

I take it you lads are in the states as i know of no one in ireland that has gmail

Maybe i am behind the times
God bless the hills of Dooish, be they heather-clad or lea,

anportmorforjfc

im in ireland, but i heard about it from the states

screenexile

I have it and have had for years now. It's back up for me if anyone wants to give it a rattle now.

RedandGreenSniper

Quote from: gerry on February 24, 2009, 12:44:04 PM
I take it you lads are in the states as i know of no one in ireland that has gmail

I wish I was in America Gerry! I know a load of folk with gmail - its the best free email going, unlimited space . . .
Mayo for Sam! Just don't ask me for a year

anportmorforjfc

Quote from: screenexile on February 24, 2009, 12:46:01 PM
I have it and have had for years now. It's back up for me if anyone wants to give it a rattle now.

working for me as well

anportmorforjfc

i spoke to soon. down again

wherefromreferee?

Gmail is annoying as fcuk.

I'm getting emails for years that arent meant for me as it doesnt recognise dots in the name and obviously because I registered first, they are all coming to me.

For example. wherefromreferee@gmail.com (not my real name) is the same as where.from.referee@gmail.com

Some of the emails that are meant for the other 'me' are clearly important.  Visa and Paypal and work stuff.

Don't use it that often as a result of this
In your Endo!

Lothos

Quote from: gerry on February 24, 2009, 12:44:04 PM

No such luck.  I'm in Ireland too

thebigfella

Quote from: wherefromreferee? on February 24, 2009, 01:01:14 PM
Gmail is annoying as fcuk.

I'm getting emails for years that arent meant for me as it doesnt recognise dots in the name and obviously because I registered first, they are all coming to me.

For example. wherefromreferee@gmail.com (not my real name) is the same as where.from.referee@gmail.com

Some of the emails that are meant for the other 'me' are clearly important.  Visa and Paypal and work stuff.

Don't use it that often as a result of this

Strange it recognises full stops/dots in mine.

I think gmail does normalisation of the local parts(username) of the address though, so it means wherefromreferee@gmail.com is seen as being the same as where.from.referee@gmail.com. Strange that someone has been able to register a similar email.