Worst Sport

Started by its me again, February 13, 2009, 03:44:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

carribbear

Quote from: Our Nail Loney on February 13, 2009, 06:01:39 PM
Quote from: Canalman on February 13, 2009, 05:00:00 PM
Horse Racing......even though I personally dispute its status as a Sport.

I find Tennis boring............was easier for me one year in Melbourne to go to the Australian Open......we were on strike, had a free ticket, lived just 6 train stops away from it, bored senseless at home  etc and still wasn't arsed going. Funnily never regretted not going......even just to be able to say I was there.

So Tony McCoy isn't a sports man??

If humans running is classed as a sport, why not horses?

Or cats.

thejuice

Does anyone else see the tennis player dating advert at the bottom of the page.  i dont think its good for Tennis players to breed with each other.

While we're at it,

Sports I dont watch or enjoy:

Cricket,
Soccer,
Tennis and varieties of,
Golf,
Horse Riding (though I put money on it when I get a decent tip, but thats my love of money not horse racing)
Kabaddi
Chess,
Canoeing,
Extreme Ironing,
The Luge,
Tobogganing,
Bob-Sleigh,
Show Jumping,
Dressage,
Under-Water Rugby, (look it up)
Baseball,
Bowls,
Curling,
Cycling,
Tap-Dancing,
Sumo Wrestling,
Airsoft,
Paintball,
Egyptian Stick Fencing,
Fishing,
Flutterguts,
Kite Fighting, yep
.................................and so forth
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

mountainboii

Dressage is absolutely ridiculous. 

First they give the horse a lovely haircut. Then make the poor thing do a John Cleese impersonation.

You can win a f**king Olympic medal for this shite! WTF!  :o :o :o

Square Ball

F1
Cricket,especially 5 day tests(except when England get hammered)

and in the name of God, I read 4 pages and no one mentioned the one of the most boaring sports ever

BOWLS
Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid

thejuice

It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

pintsofguinness

Quote from: Our Nail Loney on February 13, 2009, 06:00:48 PM
Quote from: imtommygunn on February 13, 2009, 04:32:40 PM
Horse racing, unless you're there, is drivel.

I fecking hate cricket too.

Show jumping and sailing not too hot either.

How is it drivel?? I would say you don't understand the intracies of the sport? Otherwise you wouldn't think this...

I quite like horse racing and an odd flutter but I went to the grand national and it was boring as f**k. 
The races were fine, it's all the hanging about and the dicks dressed up like they were going to a wedding that done my head in.
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

Tony Baloney

Must say I'd happily watch most of the sports mentioned above apart from f1 and baseball. Cricket gets a bad rap I think. The Ashes in 2005 were about as exciting as it gets.

Square Ball

Sorry Thejuice, its still a pity that you and I are the only ones that have mentioned bowls
Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid

DoYerJob Linesman

I cannot stand hurling.

Call me a freak, disgrace (insert your own insult)  but I cannot watch it. I turn it over when I see it on the tv.
17/03/02 - Semple Stadium Thurles - Heaven On Earth

5 Sams

Quote from: Tony Baloney on February 13, 2009, 08:55:52 PM
Must say I'd happily watch most of the sports mentioned above apart from f1 and baseball. Cricket gets a bad rap I think. The Ashes in 2005 were about as exciting as it gets.

If you understand whats going on in Baseball then you will really enjoy it.......brilliant game.
The Aristocrat Years

Minder

Quote from: DoYerJob Linesman on February 13, 2009, 09:21:32 PM
I cannot stand hurling.

Call me a freak, disgrace (insert your own insult)  but I cannot watch it. I turn it over when I see it on the tv.
I feel the same when a game of wrestling/gaelic football comes on.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: 5 Sams on February 13, 2009, 09:26:38 PM
Quote from: Tony Baloney on February 13, 2009, 08:55:52 PM

If you understand whats going on in Baseball then you will really enjoy it.......brilliant game.

Glorified rounders
You'll Never Walk Alone.

Hereiam

For me it has to be North of Ireland Soccer the worst sport that you could ever watch. Have to turn it when the highlights come on (i use the word highlights loosely). Cricket is a close second

hitzelsperger

lads field hockey is the only sport i cannot watch, absolutely brutal! (unless its the aussie ladies team, the hockeyroos, theres a few hot bits in it)

lawn bowls is utter shíte too!!

The Real Laoislad

Should also have added Darts to my list
You'll Never Walk Alone.